Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I avoid using the word. I am not sensitive at all, but try to respect that others are. I spent 20 years in the armed forces. I worked side by side with a lot of black people. Many of them very good people. I had frank discussions with them about that word and came to respect how it was offensive to them within certain contexts.

Good Post I am not sensative either but it just makes sense to avoid certian things. I think it shows respect for a group but just like people of all races and colors can be jerks no reason to disrespect an whole group of anykind

Would you use the word when you talk to Ben Carson? Probably not

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm reading a lot of bold talk from 74 year old guys in wheelchairs that live in places where they might only lay eyes on 1-2 darkies in a whole year.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by snowchaser61
Young black people have endeared the N word and use it constantly , there is only a problem if white people use it. now tell me who are the racists ?

exactly, but I don't use it unless its deserving, if its deserving then it comes flying out.

I have some good friends that happen to be American of African descent....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Talkin to some people I know and racism was brought up(protests). None admitted theyve said the N word. I called em a bunch of hypocrites. Who hasnt called brazil nuts nig toes? Licorice candies were nig babies. Hell we all sang eeny meeny miny moe....none of us caught a damn tiger by his toe, it was a nig! And every one of us at some point nig rigged something!! SOB now! Why people gotta lie like that??
I can honestly say I've never called Brazil Nuts "nig toes" nor licorice "nig babies".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Phouc it

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
We have a wildflower in Texas that's been called N-toes as far back as I can remember.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hancock27
The chocolate cream drop - LOVE THEM - Grandpa called them Nig titties...

When I was a kid in the 50's and early 60's the local grocery store had them listed on the box as N I G G E R Toes

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I was a kid my Grandmother had a black cat. Its' name was not White Boy.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
N word is for black trash.
H word is for white trash.
C word is for the minivan driver on cell phone that just pulled out in front of you.

Use 'em all the time.

Don't give an F

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Grow your own.....

[Linked Image]

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by slumlord
I'm reading a lot of bold talk from 74 year old guys in wheelchairs that live in places where they might only lay eyes on 1-2 darkies in a whole year.

I don't see any bold talk from anybody, you need to point it out for us. While you're at it identify the 74 year old guys in wheelchairs.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't use such words in general, am rather specific in their application.

Kills me, how grown men get all upset about the N word, when they are felons, have kids out of wedlock, and glorify violence.

Evidently some black skin is really thin.

Grew up with a bunch of inner city kids bused into my school. Same crap of today, was around then.....fighting/breeding.......acting like wild dogs.
Was enough to get one's attention, seeing how some folks "lived". Now that kind of crap doesn't even cause a fellow student to bat an eye......and it no longer is just "those people".

Thank goodness for school vouchers, get your kids into a school away from the general public thugs.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Demand less, get less.
Public school system, society in general......popular black culture is a poison.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I dont use the term around black people, unless they cut me off in traffic, or speak ebonics....lol. I just thought it was hypocritical when these folks told me they never said the word. BS.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
FWIW, in more than one place I've been, blacks are referred to as "Canadians".

Outsider, I picked up on a couple guys using the word and smiled......they were shocked I knew about it, not being from the region.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
IMHO such slurs don't apply to decent folks.
Good people are good people.
Bad ones? They have fun words to identify them by various characteristics.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I grew up with a Nig that was the best shot with a nig shooter than I've ever seen! A bird within 20 yards on the wing was just a dead sumbeech! That nig could shoot a nig shooter! He was riding behind me one day on my horse when I jumped a big ditch of water...girt broke and off we went...deep water. I was going under the third time when he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me out! I owe my life to that Nig and I'd kiss his black ass today if he wasn't already dead!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 02/11/17.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My 85yo Mom called me from the grocery store yesterday and was all upset. She had lost her wallet and wanted me to look for it. The cashier had already rang her up so she was hanging out near the cash registers. I couldn't find her wallet and we thought maybe it had been stolen. I told her to sit tight and I'd come and pay for her groceries and then we'd figure out where the wallet was.

When I got there she had just found it, it was in the bottom of her pocketbook the whole time and she was flustered. When we got home I was very shocked when she quoted an old friend of hers from work. She said"Fred used to say all the time that I could f^%k up a one car n&^gg#r funeral". My being shocked turned to laughter pretty quick, and I even asked her to repeat it. smile

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lot of them here

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I try to never use the word.

Easier to call everybody sunsabitches.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.