Print Thread
Hop To
S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Apologies if this has been discussed, but this thing sure looks like the answer to a prayer from my aging eyes. Doesn't use a front sight.

Has anybody tried it? Too good to be true?

http://www.themakogroup.com/ftbullseye

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Looks like yet another gimmick.

Standard notch and post works. Always has, always will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For somebody with eyes that have a hard time focusing it might be a benefit.

But generally speaking I can see a few problems with it.
-As you try to align the sights there's no reference as to how far off you are. With traditional sights you can see that the front sight is not in the notch and can ALSO see where it is so you can make correction.

With this sight you can't see where or how far off the dot is from the circle, you just know that it's not there. I could see this slowing down the sight alignment process.

-You can't track the front sight because it disappears when it's not perfectly aligned. With traditional sights you can track your front sight in recoil and know when to expect it to be back on target.

With this sight you have to acquire an entirely new sight picture with every shot, which I expect would be even more difficult with the first problem I mentioned.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Looks like yet another gimmick.

Standard notch and post works. Always has, always will.

Yup.

S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
For somebody with eyes that have a hard time focusing it might be a benefit.

But generally speaking I can see a few problems with it.
-As you try to align the sights there's no reference as to how far off you are. With traditional sights you can see that the front sight is not in the notch and can ALSO see where it is so you can make correction.

With this sight you can't see where or how far off the dot is from the circle, you just know that it's not there. I could see this slowing down the sight alignment process.

-You can't track the front sight because it disappears when it's not perfectly aligned. With traditional sights you can track your front sight in recoil and know when to expect it to be back on target.

With this sight you have to acquire an entirely new sight picture with every shot, which I expect would be even more difficult with the first problem I mentioned.

Thanks Blue, several reviews on youtube were very positive. Guess I'll have to find one to look at in person.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I'm wondering is what this does to your target focus. I mean, when I focus on the front sight, the target is blurry as it is. If I am focusing 5 inches even closer to my eyes, is the target focus going to be even worse? Or is this something where you are actually focusing more at target distance and you get the alignment image from this sight out of focus? If that's the case, it could have merit being able to have your eyes focusing out at target range. I'd like to try one.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that I think about it, regardless of how this is designed, I don't see how this is going to be as accurate as regular sights. Everything else considered, you can't ignore the geometry advantage you are going to have with 2 sights about 5 inches apart.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,378 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.