Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Steelhead
so the big deal isn't the lying

its that his resignation provides credibility that Trump has this ongoing quid pro quo with Putin.

I give you a sweetheart deal business deal AND turn over schit we hacked on Hillary to Wikileaks and in return, if you win the election you eliminate these crippling sanctions against us that is wrecking our economy.

That's the democrats talking points and I assume the driver for this talk of impeachment.

Oh my, are you really that obtuse?

I'm obtuse for stating the democratic talking points on why they are having a hissy fit?

The D talking points are complete horsechit. Hint.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
so the big deal isn't the lying

its that his resignation provides credibility that Trump has this ongoing quid pro quo with Putin.

I give you a sweetheart deal business deal AND turn over schit we hacked on Hillary to Wikileaks and in return, if you win the election you eliminate these crippling sanctions against us that is wrecking our economy.

That's the democrats talking points and I assume the driver for this talk of impeachment.

Oh my, are you really that obtuse?

I'm obtuse for stating the democratic talking points on why they are having a hissy fit?

yes and thats why I have a problem with Flynn resigning and letting these guys claim victory, the media spin this as them having some influence by beating the drum incessantly and alluding corruption.

As someone said, I would have preferred that Flynn resign six months from now for an "unrelated" reason if Trump/Pence really had a problem with him lying now.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/13/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The press has a double standard.... but you knew that.

Flynn was a spook for most of his career. Another spook ratted him out to the press.

There will be a lot of that going on so Trumps team needs to never confirm nor deny any question the press comes up with.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes and thats why I have a problem with Flynn resigning and letting these guys claim victory, the media spin this as them having some influence by beating the drum incessantly and letting the allude corruption.

He resigned because he lost confidence with his boss.

The DNC talking points are not the issue.

Are you willing to let the fact that the dems have something to bitch about get in the way of an operating administration?

It's a [bleep] sandwich and Trump has to take a bite and move on.

And he need not play the dem talking point game. It's a non starter.

Last edited by RWE; 02/13/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, instead of being the end of it, this will be the beginning. Now the drumroll will start on what Trump knew and when he knew it and if Flynn had been instructed by Trump to do this. There will be calls for congressional committees and more leaks. Even if nothing more substantive comes of it, this is fodder for the ginned up outrage for the next month.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=KFWA]so the big deal isn't the lying

Oh my, are you really that obtuse? [/quote

yes and thats why I have a problem with Flynn resigning and letting these guys claim victory, the media spin this as them having some influence by beating the drum incessantly and alluding corruption.

As someone said, I would have preferred that Flynn resign six months from now for an "unrelated" reason if Trump/Pence really had a problem with him lying now.

Flynn was allowed to resign, which is a polite firing, because he lied to his bosses. Trump and Pence could not take him at his word, so he had to go. That's it; that's all.

Clear?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Are you willing to let the fact that the dems have something to bitch about get in the way of an operating administration?

if that's the case I'm fine with it.

Last I read Trump said he was more than willing to ride this out and stick with Flynn. Now maybe that was just working the press and allowing Flynn to fall on his sword. Its hard to tell who says what when you have to filter opinion on what is a lie /what is the truth coming from sources that are antagonistic toward each other.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Last I read Trump said he was more than willing to ride this out and stick with Flynn. Now maybe that was just working the press and allowing Flynn to fall on his sword. Its hard to tell who says what when you have to filter opinion on what is a lie /what is the truth coming from sources that are antagonistic toward each other.

What happens to you if you bald-faced lie to your boss on a very substantive matter of importance to the company, and get caught in it causing your company to lose reputation or money?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, your boss can still like you and stand by you, but in the end, Flynn would have been challenged negatively everytime he sat before Congress.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

What happens to you if you bald-faced lie to your boss on a very substantive matter of importance to the company, and get caught in it causing your company to lose reputation or money?

is that assuming he went rogue or was acting on behalf of Trump?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, instead of being the end of it, this will be the beginning. Now the drumroll will start on what Trump knew and when he knew it and if Flynn had been instructed by Trump to do this. There will be calls for congressional committees and more leaks. Even if nothing more substantive comes of it, this is fodder for the ginned up outrage for the next month.

You nailed it.

Now....... who is to blame for it? (Where does the buck stop?)

C'mon, you can tell us.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by JoeBob

You nailed it.

Now....... who is to blame for it? (Where does the buck stop?)

C'mon, you can tell us.

Trump. He should have stuck to his guns and his man. I suspect Priebus in this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

It's a very simple question about what happens to YOU.

You get fired, or allowed to resign, don't you? Simple yes or no.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm going to call my 6 year old niece, I need someone that can stay on point.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Laura Ingraham said it best. This is The House of a thousand leaks.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What is amazing to me is that so many apparently aren't concerned about all the leaks. The last time there were this many leaks, Noah built an ark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to call my 6 year old niece, I need someone that can stay on point.

These f'kers are making my head hurt.

Flynn got caught in a bald faced lie to his bosses. They could no longer trust him, so he's gone.

WTF is so difficult for many to understand about this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is amazing to me is that so many apparently aren't concerned about all the leaks. The last time there were this many leaks, Noah built an ark.

True.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

It's a very simple question about what happens to YOU.

You get fired, or allowed to resign, don't you? Simple yes or no.

ok , I'll play along.

I would be fired immediately.

But you're applying standard rules to the Trump presidency.

Trump could easily say , screw you guys, he's my guy and I'm keeping him.

Its not like Trump is concerned about credibility with the press or for that matter, a congress hell bent on continuing a cold war mentality.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet Jesus

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,850
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.