Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I bought this rifle last year and have not gotten around to shooting it so have decided to move it along. The rifle is a Zastava Mark X Continental Carbine chambered in 7x57mm Mauser. What follows is the description from the previous seller:

Action Type: Bolt Action, Internal Magazine Fed Rifle with Double Set Trigger & Hinged Floorplate

Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked “7X57”, the left side of the receiver is marked “MARK X / ALEXANDRIA / VIRGINIA / INTERARMS / MANCHESTER ENGLAND” with Interarms’ starburst logo and Zastava’s logo, the right side is marked with the serial number and three inspection marks, the rear portion has the “1078” date code. The right side of the barrel has three proof marks. The bottom of the bolt handle is marked “813”, the butt plate has Zastava’s logo.

Year of Manufacture: 1978

Barrel Length: 20”

Sights: The front sight is a cylindrical blade, integral to a base that is dovetailed onto the serrated ramp sight base, which is fixed to the barrel. The rear iron sight is a “U” notched leaf that is micro-adjustable for elevation, in a flip-up base. The top of the receiver has four drilled and tapped holes for the addition of a scope base (not included).

Stock Configuration & Condition: The stock is a one piece Mannlicher pattern item with skip line checkering on the flanks of the forend and pistol grip; the grip has a black plastic cap with an off-white spacer; the forend has a blued steel cap. The stock has sling swivels installed in the belly and underside of the forend, with a left side cheek piece. The stock shows light to moderate depth scuff and compression marks as photographed. There are no cracks or chip losses, the aforementioned marks are mostly unnoticed until close inspection. The LOP measures 13 ¾” from the front of the rear trigger to the back of the butt plate and 14 ½” from the front of the forward trigger to the back of the black plastic shotgun-style butt plate; the plate is set with an off-white spacer and shows scattered scuff and compression marks in some of the serrations; the plate is in about Very Good Plus condition with no chip losses or cracks. The stock rates in about Fine overall condition.

Bore Condition: The bore is bright and the rifling is sharp. There is no erosion.

Overall Condition: This rifle retains about 93% of its metal finish. The balance of the finish shows some scattered light handling marks on the barrel and receiver; the bolt’s Mauser claw extractor has some spots of light patina. The flanks of the front sight base have tool marks, the top of the receiver has some marks from a scope base (not included). The floorplate and trigger guard have some scattered scuff marks. The screw heads are sharp, with only light screwdriver tooling. The markings are crisp. Overall, this rifle rates in about Fine condition.

Mechanics: The action functions correctly. The rifle features a double set trigger system that is adjustable; the rear trigger cocks the forward trigger and renders a 1lb 10oz trigger pull with very light take-up. The bolt has a Mauser claw extractor and butter knife bolt handle. The safety is on the rear right side of the receiver, the Mauser-style bolt release is on the left.

Rifle will ship from a private seller. $825 shipped/insured

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/omega1349/IMG_2978_zpsy81aepe2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/omega1349/IMG_2975_zpsswsbav9l.jpg[/img]

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Very nice. PM sent.

Jerry

Last edited by jgraham1; 02/17/17.
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
btt

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Be still, my beating heart...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do not like this guy...he's evil....

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 4ager

I'll take that as a compliment

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by omega1349

I think he's grumbling under his breath shaking the piggy bank.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by omega1349

I think he's grumbling under his breath shaking the piggy bank.

Yeah...and?

wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
btt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i think i am in lust!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
...........That is a Deer Machine........Bumpage

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
A deer killing machine - thanks for the bump

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Is it drill and tapped for scope mounts? Hard to tell from pics.

Thanks,
Steve

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sbrown
Is it drill and tapped for scope mounts? Hard to tell from pics.

Thanks,
Steve

the top of the receiver has four drilled and tapped holes for the addition of a scope base (not included).

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Yes sir, it's drilled/tapped for scope mounts

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
for those that are interested, the two links below the last picture show a close up of the front sight and top of action

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice!

Retired cat herder.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
thanks g5m

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
morning bump

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
btt

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,641
Posts18,512,265
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.