Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
I think Wittman has a bright future.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I'm afraid VA has already lost to the lefty's and carpetbaggers in Nova and Tidewater. Just too damn many of em. I will really be surprised if another Republican can win a statewide race again and it looks to me like it is just a matter of time before they take over the Gen Assembly too. Son has 2-3 years left in college and the wife and I are moving south. Looking at NC, TN, or SC right now.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Laura Ingram is running for a congressional seat in northern Virginia. We certainly know what "Issac" will be doing....

Doc

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup and I would support either…..but go Ingraham!!

Former presidential candidate Carly Fiorina and radio host Laura Ingraham are polling dead even in the Virginia Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac poll released Friday.

The two would face off in a Republican Primary before challenging Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine, who recently concluded his bid for vice president under Hillary Clinton. Both Fiorina and Ingraham are polling at 36 percent in a head-to-head against Kaine.

Kaine fared better over Fiorina, earning 57 percent compared to her 36 percent, one percent better than he fared against Ingraham. Kaine earned 56 percent against the conservative host.

Neither woman was able to secure the women vote, each trailed Kaine by 23 percent.

“There is a certain similarity to how Virginia voters see Republican officials and potential GOP candidates these days. As was evident in the Quinnipiac University poll earlier this week that showed the Democratic candidates for governor were running better than their Republican counterparts, the same pattern holds true for President Donald Trump’s job approval and for an early look at Sen. Tim Kaine’s reelection prospects,” Assistant Director of the poll Peter A. Brown wrote in a statement.

Kaine benefits from a relatively high approval rating. Fifty-seven percent of all voters support Kaine’s record in the Senate, and 37 percent disapprove. Ingraham only earned a 27 percent approval rating, and Fiorina was slightly higher with a 32 percent approval rating.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/17/ingraham-fiorina-polling-even-in-va-senate-race/#ixzz4ZT15hBz8

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
let's see.. Fiorina, Ingraham, Kaine..... I count three women there, right?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
I can't believe that anyone is still listening to those fricking polls! Didn't anybody learn anything from the last election? Nobody asked me or anyone I know, what we thought or who we were voting for then, and look what happened. I have no faith at all in that garbage! Maybe the media should just call Larry Sabato and his group of geniuses at UVA, no doubt he'll be able to predict the winner! Give me a break! November is a long way off.

Last edited by Bobmar; 02/22/17.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I got nothing against Sabato, but he missed by a mile on 2016 pres. election and a few others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fiorina, Ingraham, Kaine...

Good grief.... how about an actual VIRGINIAN running for Senate? Or, Governor?

Damned carpetbaggers.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 4ager

Damned carpetbaggers.

+1
Don't forget Warner
There are too many capable Virginian's to go full scale carpetbagger every election.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc

Damned carpetbaggers.

+1
Don't forget Warner
There are too many capable Virginian's to go full scale carpetbagger every election.

Warner is up again in 2020. Deal with what is ahead of us, first, but yes I agree.

The problem with Warner is he is stupid wealthy, and was long before going politician, so he can bankroll any campaign he wants. And, he is so damned low profile that it's hard for anyone to get traction against him. The best chance to knock him out was the last cycle, and Sarvis screwed that up.

Just FYI - Warner is the D Vice-Chair in the Senate. Meaning he (and Fauxcahontas) are moving up those ranks. Hilariously, the D Senate page lists him as Senator from MI, not VA.

https://democrats.senate.gov/leadership/#.WK7O_DM8KEc

Last edited by 4ager; 02/22/17.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
good luck in VA. The state seems doomed to stay a blue state.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The General Assembly damned sure isn't, and the state GOP is to thank for the current Governor and LtGov. They screwed that pooch, hard.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
MI can have him, that's closer to home for him anyway wink

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Take out northern VA and Tidewater with their large population centers and VA is pretty dang conservative.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

Take out northern VA and Tidewater with their large population centers and VA is pretty dang conservative.

my family has been in the SW Virginia mountains for over 200 years. I visit often.
VA has the same issues that Florida, NY, Il and other states have, in that the cities are heavily liberal, and the countryside conservative. The entire state is held hostage by liberal population centers.

Sam......

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
The mass migration of liberals are screwing up a lot of places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is why Trump's plans to rebuild the military, and especially the Navy, are YUGE for VA. Combine that with ending the war on coal, and there are a lot of D votes that shift back to the R category.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

my family has been in the SW Virginia mountains for over 200 years. I visit often.
VA has the same issues that Florida, NY, Il and other states have, in that the cities are heavily liberal, and the countryside conservative. The entire state is held hostage by liberal population centers.

Good point. IMO, the next Governors race will be very important. Another Democrat Gov, Lt Gov, and Atty Gen may spell doom for the state. I truly don't see a Republican winning another statewide office at this time. I hope and pray I am wrong.

What part of SW Va is your family from?

Last edited by VAhuntr; 02/22/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good point. IMO, the next Governors race will be very important. Another Democrat Gov, Lt Gov, and Atty Gen may spell doom for the state. I truly don't see a Republican winning another statewide office at this time. I hope and pray I am wrong.

Gillespie is a poor candidate for the Rs, but he secured the power base within the VAGOP. Remember, those are the same jackasses that switched from primary to caucus in order to run Cuccinelli (and lose) rather than Bill Bolling (who the Ds weren't even going to challenge).

Northam is a weak candidate for the Ds, though, so it will be an "interesting" race.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Gillespie is a poor candidate for the Rs, but he secured the power base within the VAGOP. Remember, those are the same jackasses that switched from primary to caucus in order to run Cuccinelli (and lose) rather than Bill Bolling (who the Ds weren't even going to challenge).

Northam is a weak candidate for the Ds, though, so it will be an "interesting" race.

Northam is pretty bad, so I know there is a bit of hope. It would have been nice to have seen Bolling as Governor.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

732 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.