Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Port Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I need to sell some bino's and a rifle, just wanted to make sure I don't get burned.

Thanks!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Do your homework. Don't over price and communicate well.

Most guys on here are a little leery of newcomers.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I bought and sold a fair amount of stuff on here with no problems. Seems like a bunch of awful good folks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Search for safariman's classified posts.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Port Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Thanks all.

Curious of transaction specifics, specifically with firearms.

When distance requires do people use Money Orders, Paypal etc?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd suggest offering payment via PayPal and personal check.
Personally, if I see a request for "postal money order," forget it.
I haven't gotten a money order for anything since about '88. This is 2017. Just sayin.'

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Paypal does not allow for payment of firearms or firearms parts. They can and will lock down your checking account and hold you money for months. The people that I know that have the problems have had to open new accounts. I ask for cashiers checks or money orders, personal check is ok too but the buyer should understand I am going to hold the item for a while to make sure it has cleared. Good communication is really the key. More people get ripped off by the seller than the buyer to my knowledge so they will be more wary of you... Make sure and represent your products fairly when you list them, customer satisfaction is important.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by skeen
I'd suggest offering payment via PayPal and personal check.
Personally, if I see a request for "postal money order," forget it.
I haven't gotten a money order for anything since about '88. This is 2017. Just sayin.'

I'm the other way--I refuse to use PayPal. They're not secure and they take far too long to get my funds to me.

Money orders work because they're certified funds. I believe that you also have the Post Office behind you if you get burned on a deal because once they're involved the problem is mail fraud, which is a federal crime. Could be wrong on that, though.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Take a couple of blurry photos from 20' away. Be sure to lay the rifle on a white blanket to get the proper exposure setting on the camera. Give a brief description- "Nice shape" is always popular. Ask about $300 more than it's worth because you can always come down right?

You'll be golden.

LOL
P
Port Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
All good stuff. Even from Fireball2....

Sounds like cashiers checks and money orders are the way to go. I knew to be leery of paypal, I've actually used them buying/selling guns - you just can't let them know about it.

With the breadth and depth of the gun industry, you'd think by now there'd be a viable/gun friendly alternative to paypal.....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought a couple of items so far, here. No problems. Both sellers were gentlemen I would gladly do business with again.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Search for safariman's classified posts.

^^^^^^ made me spit up!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take really good pics of the firearms in the natural outdoor light. Especially if they are collector or vintage guns. Mention everything, no matter how small of detail.

If person wants a refund, give it to them no questions asked, if the item comes back to you the same way you sent it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stay away from the guys that don't use PayPal, they generally perform less efficiently than the ones who do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have a PayPal account and don't plan to. I agree it's a pain to go to the post office but if I find something on here that I want, I'm willing to do it. I've bought a lot of good gear on here and nearly without exception (Emillika) they've been great deals with good people. Pay promptly and ship quickly and your chances of trouble are very small.

Last edited by Bobmar; 03/01/17.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
USPS money orders are the best way. PayPal as stated will hold your money. Also friends and family gives you no recourse at all, it's free but you can't complain about not receiving a product when you told them it was a gift ( pay he extra or get a usps MO)

"We don't rent pigs"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good descriptions and pictures for a firearm. Be honest about the wear and tear. Know what a reasonable price is, as well as how desirable the firearm is. I see things both ways all of the time, to expensive and too cheap. Cheap leads me to think something is wrong. Could be a good buy as well.. Most folks here are go to go, those that aren't are soon identified and outed. Paypal is fine and I use it all of the time. (Paypal gift) Second best to me is the USPS Money Order. Pistols are a whole other thing, due to rules and regulations that vary from state to state. That would apply to AR's, AK's etc. You may not legally be able to ship and have the firearm transfer to someone in one of these states.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Stay away from the guys that don't use PayPal, they generally perform less efficiently than the ones who do.

Not on my end.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Plenty of buyers out there, if they won't pay you the way you want paid,then they don't get the stuff.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use USPS money orders only. If they will not get one i will not sell to them simple as that. The day i get the money order is the day it ships at the post I cash it and away it goes. simple funds are good and dont give a cent to anti gun pay pal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 32 invisible), 1,956 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,981
Posts18,499,644
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.