Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
Bad brass.

Hardly a reason to be kghunty.

Dave
I'd agree can happen to any manf. I've had great experince with Hornady if I need something, but than again I know what I'm doing.

GB1

RBO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Bad brass.

Hardly a reason to be kghunty.

Dave

The point, and actually the TITLE OF THIS THREAD is Hornady's poor customer service, not their poor quality brass. I totally understand nothing is perfect but I f they have no intention of ever responding to an email, why is it the first option that comes up under "Contact us"? Seriously, why have that as an option if it's not really an option they will respond to?

T
tcp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
For what it's worth, I chose not to contact Hornady about my brass problem because the last time I contacted their customer service representative the individual I spoke was less than helpful or gracious.

She suggested the center bushing that the shell plate bolts to that broke was my fault for over tightening the allen bolt. I advised that if I could break a 3/4 inch in diameter steel casting using my fingers there was a manufacturing flaw in it.

I have avoided Hornady products since then, and bought the brass only because it was the only option available. Turns out I will be continuing to avoid their offerings.

If you can't be a good example, may you at least serve as a dreadful warning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have shot untold number of rounds at PD's with Hornady brass in various 220 Swifts. Never had a problem and in fact it is my favorite for that cartridge because of its longevity.

`Bring Enough Gun`
C
C
I had the opposite happen recently with Hornady customer service. Bought several boxes of their lite ammo for my son in 243 and had about 6-8 of the 24 rounds we shot split the brass. I contacted Hornady and they asked I send all rounds to them for inspection. Guy said it was prob a bad batch of brass. Couple weeks after they received my shipment (which they paid for) I received 6 boxes of same ammo.

Thought I was compensated pretty well.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Often, the response from customer service is a reflection of the customers attitude.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by fishdog52
Often, the response from customer service is a reflection of the customers attitude.

True that.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
For a while, I think it was Hornady, you could push a certain number on the menu to hear an elk bugle. That was a highlight of the call

RBO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

What response?

My emails sent to their customer support email address only stated what had happened and with which ammunition it happened with. I wasn't upset with what had happened, I just wanted them to be aware of what had happened and wanted to know why it happened because it was a brand new rifle I was using. I took pictures of the casing, and the box of ammo it came out of along with the sku and lot numbers. Apparently they couldn't care less.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RBO

What response?

My emails sent to their customer support email address only stated what had happened and with which ammunition it happened with. I wasn't upset with what had happened, I just wanted them to be aware of what had happened and wanted to know why it happened because it was a brand new rifle I was using. I took pictures of the casing, and the box of ammo it came out of along with the sku and lot numbers. Apparently they couldn't care less.
Could be that the EMAIL has not been read yet? or got lost on spam or many other computer world BS problems . Phone call you get a real person so....

Last edited by ldholton; 03/02/17.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RBO, With all due respect, I stand by my statement.
Take your rifle to a genuine gunsmith for an objective assessment. It will be time and money well spent.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
RBO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by RBO

What response?

Could be that the EMAIL has not been read yet? or got lost on spam or many other computer world BS problems . Phone call you get a real person so....

Maybe, but they were sent over about a three week period. I didn't send the email then have a beer and send another one. I gave at least a week or so in between. I'm not impatient or expecting someone to jump when I say jump. If it was a pressing concern for me I would have tried every avenue to get through to them. My beef is with the fact they don't respond to emails that they ask you to contact them with.

RBO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Take your rifle to a genuine gunsmith for an objective assessment. It will be time and money well spent.

I can do that. The rifle was a Forbes model 24b in 25-06. If I have to have it worked on I think I'll send it to Melvin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had something similar in a 30-06 with a near new rifle...

[Linked Image]

It wasn't the rifle that was the problem though, dumb-bum me was using quite old ex mil brass which had evidently corroded. I threw the rest of that brass out and never have had another problem like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$100 says there is nothing wrong with the chamber.....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Had the same type thing with a factory Rem 7mm-08 - the brass was obviously flawed and to be fair, if I had inspected the round before firing, I would have seen it. I called Rem not looking for any reimbursement but to give them the lot number etc. in case they wanted to follow up on that particular run. Neither the cust svc person nor the techie I spoke with gave a rat's ass - I doubt if they even wrote down the lot#.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I first looked at the brass it looked like a manufacturing defect. No soot and smooth rather than torn edges. Given that you have fired many more with no evidence of additional problems I suspect your chamber is OK. If you have a gunsmith nearby, I'd have him give it a look.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RBO

I can do that. The rifle was a Forbes model 24b in 25-06. If I have to have it worked on I think I'll send it to Melvin.

I would argue having that chamber inspected would be a complete waste of time and money.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 75 invisible), 3,242 guests, and 1,400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,430
Posts18,528,555
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.