Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
for the life of me I don't understand why Sessions lied to congress about meeting with a Russian ambassador - if what is being said is true.

At this point based on the released information and confirmed by multiple news outlets. - nevermind if its not related to the presidential campaign or not, he told them he never met with one.

That leaves us with 3 choices.

1. The media/spooks are lying and Sessions never met with them. At this point I guess its possible given our News but I doubt they are. It would be a huge credibility stain to release this without backing it up.

2. Sessions felt that the "spirit" of the question was did you meet with them on behalf of Trump. I can sort of buy that, but this is the guy stepping into the role of AG. There are no nuanced answers when you are asked point blank did you meet with a Russian official. Its yes or no

3.Sessions lied

you guys can bash away at me for posting this, that's fine, but you can't have a double standard. We can't lamblast Eric Holder for hiding information, etc

and then shrug your shoulders about Sessions just because he's on our side.

for the record, I don't think Sessions should resign, but I also didn't think Flynn should resign either.

But I'm frustrated that Sessions felt he needed to lie about this, especially in light of knowing that Obama holdovers are going to release any and all information they can to sabotage this administration.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/01/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
IMHO, he didn't lie...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
From FOX News: (verbatim)

"When contacted by Fox News late Wednesday, Sessions said, "I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false."

A White House statement said the story was "the latest attack agaisnt the Trump Administration by partisan Democrats."

The Justice Department said late Wednesday that one of the discussions between Sessions and Sergey Kislyak was an office visit that occurred in Sessions' capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The second conversation took place in a group setting with other ambassadors following a Heritage Foundation speech.

Reports about the meetings appeared to contradict a statement Sessions made during his confirmation hearing in January.

Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., how he would respond "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” answered Sessions, one of Trump’s earliest and most prominent supporters during the campaign. “I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

The Justice Depoartment said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Sessions had meetings last year with more than 25 foreign ambassadors, the Department said."

Pay close attention to the exact wording of his answer..

Last edited by Redneck; 03/01/17.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OOOooo.... a sitting senator spoke to a Russian ambassador twice....

GMAFB.

The entire Russia conspiracy theory is nothing more than a figment of the Globalists imagination.

They have been blaming their loss of the election on this, but nobody has even seen ONE document of proof. Not one...

Just a liberal smoke and light show.

But it was fine for Bill Clinton to meet with the AG in a private meeting while his wife was under FBI investigation for numerous felonies.

The hypocrisy is a bit rich with this one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
From what I understand:
He met with the Russian Amb. as a 'senator and in a senate' capacity. Isn't that how he answered? Or did he say flat out: NO?
He also apparently 'shook his hand' in passing?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign.

I think he told the truth with that statement. Every last presidential transition team meets with their international counterparts.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Are we to believe fake news?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just another Pelosi witch hunt.

Between the two of them, I am pretty sure who the enemy to my country is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The OP is correct. You can't have a double standard. The Obama administration and ALL the demorats set the standard for 8 years. No special prosecutor, no recusal, ever. The Trump administration and the republicans need to follow it. This means you, McCain, Graham, and Issa.

I'm better when I move.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The Democrats started this Russian horsecrap a while ago, as a bit of theater to use as insurance, should it be needed. All you have to do is start a rumor, and it is viewed as truth. The rebuttal isn't even heard. Yes, Sessions did meet with the Russians. The fact that it was above board, and in a bona-fide official capacity NOT connected to the campaign, seems to be ignored. I think its time to call the Democrats out on a few things. The first should be Hillary Clinton's unsecured server, containing classified material. She is guilty of that, and of lying about it. Period. Indict her.

IC B3

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign

I hope that is as far as it goes.

I don't want to lose Sessions as AG

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just more distortion and outright lies from the MSM. Why in hell does anyone listen to these charlatans anymore?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The democraps need an external boogieman. Russia just happens to be a convenient one because the democraps are allied with the real enemy (Muzz Horde) they won't have to suffer any consequences for talking schitt about them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Just more distortion and outright lies from the MSM. Why in hell does anyone listen to these charlatans anymore?

its more than that though - They aren't making this up, they are being fed this by the Justice Department.

now of course they're putting their spin on it, but more disturbing is someone in the justice department released this on their AG.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During confirmation he was asked if he had discussed campaign issues with foreign dignitaries or employees and he said no.

Di anyone ask him if, in the course of his duties as members of senate subcommittees did he talk to foreign nationals?

Probably not, but it would have been a rhetorical question because of course he had.

My only concern was if those meetings occurred outside of committee or other participants, which they didn't.

Tell Pelosi to suck it...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by RiverRider

its more than that though - They aren't making this up, they are being fed this by the Justice Department.

now of course they're putting their spin on it, but more disturbing is someone in the justice department released this on their AG.
Eight years of totally politicized hiring by the Zero administration has left a lot of liberal hacks in all these .gov jobs and they know their time is short under Trump. They are pulling out all the stops.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
The Democrats started this Russian horsecrap a while ago, as a bit of theater to use as insurance, should it be needed. All you have to do is start a rumor, and it is viewed as truth. The rebuttal isn't even heard. Yes, Sessions did meet with the Russians. The fact that it was above board, and in a bona-fide official capacity NOT connected to the campaign, seems to be ignored. I think its time to call the Democrats out on a few things. The first should be Hillary Clinton's unsecured server, containing classified material. She is guilty of that, and of lying about it. Period. Indict her.

You can add all the Obama appointees at the IRS that targeted Conservative groups to the indict list.

I'm better when I move.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Is it any wonder why nothing ever gets done in Washington?

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
When Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch with no one watching and talked about "grand children" the media gave it just enough attention to cover it's azz. Pelosi sure was mute then!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdunham
Is it any wonder why nothing ever gets done in Washington?

This is the dems only card right now, to tie up the Administration and its officers with bullshit so they have no time to administer.

They need to [bleep] off.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.