-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
P O Box since the first week here, mailbox baseball, 1 inning and I did not replace it. We rented a box instead and it has been well worth it, 'sides we have had the same address for the past 43 years eve though we have changed homes 3 times.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Will start with a trail cam(AH64guy I'll check out the Bushnell and Browning units) to try and catch the sob's just because, but most likely move on to a PO box. Snake in the box would be fun but only works during the warm months, just no rattlin' effect this time of year...

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a rural mail carrier, and over the years dealt with several episodes of mail theft. The thieves used to target boxes on the days when the Social Security checks came out, but direct deposit has pretty much took care of that. It can be hard to catch them, as it's usually random acts. If you want to get USPS's attention on matters, just threaten to call in the news media and make it public....they don't like that, and will usually take some action.

Our daily newspaper is delivered early in the morning, and years ago, my Saturday paper was stolen for about 4 weeks in a row. We speculated someone was getting it for the weekend yard sales notices or the coupons. I called the newspaper office and was telling them about. When they told me there was nothing they could do, I told them I had two options.....first was to cancel my paper, second was to put a bomb in the box, and when the thief grabbed my paper, it would blow his hand off. That got their attention! They moved my box down in my driveway, and the thefts stopped.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You put anything harmful in a mail box and you are in a lot worse trouble than the thief!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
P O Box since the first week here, mailbox baseball, 1 inning and I did not replace it. We rented a box instead and it has been well worth it, 'sides we have had the same address for the past 43 years eve though we have changed homes 3 times.

Kids were doing that around here a few years ago....

Our road takes a 90 degree turn beside my house... the guy across the street ( now deceased sadly) heard this was going on, and put a post the thickness of a railroad tie, on each side of his mail box.

Since this was taking place at night, guess the punks couldn't see the posts, until it was too late....

There was a broken end of a ball bat and glass on the ground next to his mail box one morning.... there were no more smashed mail boxes in the neighborhood after that...

I'm sure some punk broke more than the ball bat and glass from the car's window....cops checked the local ERs real early patient list supposedly...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Don't waste money on a trail camera.What would you do with the information? That isn't going to give you names or such.

Police or USPS are not going to help you

Bite the bullet and install a lockable mailbox,solve your problem and get on with life

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We put in a locking mail box right from the beginning and have been very satisfied with the result. We occasionally hear our rural neighbors complain about missing mail or bashed in mail boxes, but in 15 years we have been spared. For us, making a 32 mile round trip to the visit a PO box was something we just didn't want to do.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.