-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been reading some strong reviews for the Apex kits. Lighter trigger weight, crisper break, better uptake for follow on shots. Or at least that seems to be the reviews. Anyone install one of these kits and was it worthwhile? Thanks.

-Rob

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I put one in my M&P9 & 45, plastic Glock type trigger and DCAK kits. Went with the lightest option at first but it was too light. Used the full kit and like it much better now. I think it was worth it but my stock triggers were nowhere near as good as my Shield trigger, which I kept stock.

Thinking about their barrel now for my 9mm.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What do you like about the Shield trigger? Why would it be better than the regular M&P? Did they put the pro trigger in it? I'm looking at the new M&P9 in the commander size. For me, I wanted a compromise between size and accuracy.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
What do you like about the Shield trigger? Why would it be better than the regular M&P? Did they put the pro trigger in it?

The Shield trigger has different guts than the rest of the M&P line.

I'm looking at the new M&P9 in the commander size.

Which M&P are you talking about? The Compact?

For me, I wanted a compromise between size and accuracy.

I don't think the two have to be considered independent of each other. I'm more accurate to 25 yards with my wife's Shield than my full size M&P9.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was looking at the regular size M&P9 with the 4.25 barrel. Why do you think it's true that you are more accurate with the Shield? What is it about the design? Seems the lighter weight and shorter barrel would be less accurate.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been reading some strong reviews for the Apex kits. Lighter trigger weight, crisper break, better uptake for follow on shots. Or at least that seems to be the reviews. Anyone install one of these kits and was it worthwhile? Thanks.

-Rob

I've installed several of their different kits. The FSS kit is by far the best, and the most expensive.

The competition kit was too light for me.

The duty / carry kit is probably about right for what most people want.

Replacing the factory sear and polishing everything else is all I do anymore. If you don't want to work on the striker block yourself the Apex version is very good and that particular part of the guts makes a big difference IMO.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
FSS kits in mine and I think they were worth the improvements.
Also, have an Apex barrel in one and it made a yuge difference. Now I plan on doing the other.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I have the carry kits on my Shield 40 S&W and my wife's M&P 9c. Noticeable improvement in trigger pull - smoother, lighter feel - and reset. Waiting for an ADEK for my 45 Shield.

Worth the money, although the Shields and M&Ps are pretty good from the box.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,190
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.