Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I had an elderly gent tell me that getting hearing aids decreased his tinnitis. I don't know if that's everyone's experience or not. However, if you have tinnitis you probably also have a fair amount of hearing loss and the devices may prove useful. FWIW.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul
I had an elderly gent tell me that getting hearing aids decreased his tinnitis. I don't know if that's everyone's experience or not. However, if you have tinnitis you probably also have a fair amount of hearing loss and the devices may prove useful. FWIW.

Mine has been a lot less bothersome since I got hearing aids.

I tend to have regular, low level tinnitus, then, when I take certain medications or (I think, ) eat certain foods it's much worse. Since getting hearing aids a few years ago tinnitus hasn't been that big a deal for me.

Mathew 22: 37-39

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
It can also happen because of undiagnosed & otherwise symptom less inner ear infections.

I believe this is how my son got this ringing, he was plagued by ear infections when he was a child, my son is 27 now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heck Bristoe I hear your ears ringing all the way out here in TX.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
There's just one brand that I know of. The dose is two pills, three times a day for the first 60 days, then one pill, 3 times a day from then on.

That is an awful lot of meds to take. There are always side effects and downsides to taking anything, especially that much. Often you solve one problem and create two more.

I'd like to learn more though, but I'm not sure it will help me.

I lost 80-85% of the hearing in my right ear about 5 years ago. It was not gradual and not noise induced. Doc's don't know exactly why, but I had perfect hearing when I went to bed and woke up stone deaf in my right ear.

I was prescribed steroids which brought back about 15-20% of the hearing, but also the tinnitus.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My tinnitus doesn't bother me much any more unless someone reminds me of it...It's back ringing loud and clear now. Thanks!

Harry
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Can ya get it at Walmart?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Maybe. I buy mine at the Walgreen's drug store.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul

Mine has been a lot less bothersome since I got hearing aids.

I tend to have regular, low level tinnitus, then, when I take certain medications or (I think, ) eat certain foods it's much worse. Since getting hearing aids a few years ago tinnitus hasn't been that big a deal for me.

I think certain foods make mine worse as well. Have it in both ears but my left is a little worse. May have to give the stuff a try.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Worth a shot - esp. now that I've noticed it...

Thanks!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Heck Bristoe I hear your ears ringing all the way out here in TX.

actually that would be your cell phone.... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never notice mine, until some butt head mentions his, and then I'm stuck with crickets for a few days.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A good friend (58) just got ca. $6,000 hearing aids, said two things.

He never realized just how deaf he had become (oil rigs, guns and motorcycles) until he could hear again.

and...

As an unexpected benefit they stop his tinnitus, which was really bad.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
O
I can relate to all of you, mine is from 5+ decades of 12 gauge shotguns, deer rifles, wildcat cartridges, shooting next to someone that doesn't realize their gun isn't just deadly from lead coming out the front of it but that the noise is just as bad.

40 yrs ago, the pressure waves coming off that .444 that they shot 5 feet from my head and in line with my ears, was something I will not ever forget. I grabbed my ears and screamed and fell to the ground in pain...and I pay for that error in judgement, mine and theirs, to this day. I am not kidding when I say I can remember them hitting me from the side, the waves, to this day. They were powerful!

My hat is off to the Webmasters that run this site...thank you for taking the time and fighting the headaches that go with running a site of this site and huge membership!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Muzzle brakes are eardrum killers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (204guy, 12344mag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.