Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
A man of his word is worthy of much respect, and most often he gives even more. On this board I would suspect many dollars change hands every minute or two over a mans word. A mans word is what these classifieds are based on........for the most part.

Joseph

Joseph
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every man starts out with his integrity,

It is a valuable asset, don't fritter it away....

ounce it is gone, it is really gone......

It is definitely worth more than two extra dollars on an ammo deal....

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with TBM all the way on this one...Back in the day, people were respective enough of one another (and one's self) to cut a deal on a handshake. I like to think of the guys on this site as capable of doing such, but apparently that is not the case with all. Once you tell someone it's a deal, that's it.....What price do you put on your dignity?----2MG

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This is sour grapes.

Unless you already sent your money to the dude, he had no obligation to you. This guy's mistake was in trying to do right by you, BatMan. He could've just returned your money if it ever arrived.
A seller owes you nothing until you've paid him. Then he owes you prompt delivery of what you were sold.
So you didn't get a "deal of a lifetime". There will be other opportunities. This is not Ebay, with its contrived rules/regs. Why not be a bit more easy going with like-minded guys? Sometimes there are misunderstandings.
When some guy starts hollering about another's lack of integrity, it is usually because his own lack of integrity is rearing its ugly head.

I disagree, once you agree to buy/sell it is done, period. It is plain bullshit to think you dont owe a person honesty after agreeing to sell them something for an agreed price. There can be circumstances beyond a persons control such as emergency lack of funds, family issues, etc. But they can be explained easily by a personal message.
To think you dont owe a person something you promised just because you do not have the money in your hand is hardly credible. This is why we use the term "sold pending funds".

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
...I recently sold a like new take off stock from a Remington 600,and also a barrel from the same gun in 308 Winchester. On both these items i'd quoted a price but recieved several emails on each of them offering to buy at my quoted price. I e-mailed all of them informing them I accepted the first recieved e-mail offer in each of the item catagories. Subsequent to those communications I recieved two emails (one for each of the items) offering to pay a higher price. I declined those offers because I felt it unfair to the honest bidders who'd already tended my price quote. I did tell those who'd offered more money that "IF" the accepted bidders failed to send payment, the item would go to them in turn. I recieved both first bidders payments, and shipped to them. Both bidders upon recieving thier item sent e-mails indicating thier pleasure with the items. Had they been disappointed I'd have had them return the item to me, and upon reciept would have refunded thier payment (minus shipping cost),and resold the item to the higher bidder if it was still wanted there. .....To me this is HONEST and fair dealing,treating buyers as i'd want to be treated were I the buyer... It's seems to me to be common sense,and when we do bussiness in such a manner,it's good bussiness for all sides in the transaction...

Last edited by olhippie; 01/10/07.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'll start. In 2005 I gave a bunch of ammo To The Old Ammo Store, aka Bruce Hornbeck. This was at a gunshow, He sold some at what was a good price and sent me a nice check, I was well satisfied. I gave him some more, he moved and apparently quit selling. He gave me his new address , e-mail and phone number. I have not heard from him for about a year, his answering machine takes my calls, and his e-mail is not rejected, but for some reason he won't answer my inquiries and requests to return the unsold items. HHHHMMM figure that.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think a bad guy stickey is a great idea.
on another forum (military rifles) they have such a list.I check it everytime before I buy.the site was the best at one time but over the years some "bad" guys snuck in and ripped some folks off.
it is sad some people can lose their honor for $20.00.
pete
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=78

NRA DAV
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One thing's for sure, a "Bad guy" list would be a hell of a lot shorter than the "Good guy" list. I've bought and sold a lot of things on this board and have yet to have a deal go south (knock on wood!).

Pay attention and it doesn't take long to separate the wheat from the chaff....Hogan is a case in point!....

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
This is sour grapes.

Unless you already sent your money to the dude, he had no obligation to you. This guy's mistake was in trying to do right by you, BatMan. He could've just returned your money if it ever arrived.

A seller owes you nothing until you've paid him. Then he owes you prompt delivery of what you were sold.

So you didn't get a "deal of a lifetime". There will be other opportunities. This is not Ebay, with its contrived rules/regs. Why not be a bit more easy going with like-minded guys? Sometimes there are misunderstandings.

When some guy starts hollering about another's lack of integrity, it is usually because his own lack of integrity is rearing its ugly head.
Your flat wrong!!!

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
+1 I couldn't believe it when I read that crap either!!!

When someone accepts your offer that's it. This isn't let's shop for the best price and then tell the rest to pound sand!!!

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B3

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every seller has the right to conduct their business as they wish ...

Likewise, every buyer has the right to avoid every seller ...

With what might be a rare exception, everyone here trends towards dealing with "the good guys" ...

you do the math ...

-WGM-
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This is one of the finest Free Classifieds forums on the net. A "bad guy list" will immediately become a "sour grapes" list aka "piss and moan" list.

Bad idea.

Weagle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this thread gets just one or two of these imbeciles...

To show their true shallowness...it's gotta be worth it.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am from the country and as such I was raised that a man's word was his bond. I have had many chances to back up on my word for more money but would not because I had give my word in good faith. I will take a man's word in like kind, until he proves by word or action that you can not trust him. And as such I will not be dealing with people like Hogan if I can help it.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I agree. The few we don't want dealings with can be handled just like this one. Hopefully (I don't think they will) this type of post doesn't become common. Two others boards I used to frequent started having alot of negative deals. Needless to say I rarely go there anymore.
I have yet to have a bad transaction on this board and have had alot of them. The people here are first rate. Every herd seems to have a few culls in it though. Too bad cause it isn't necessary.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have had nothing but good transactions here, from both sides buying and selling. Just my opinion but the good guys are pretty easy to pick out. There are are a lot of guys here I would ship to as soon as they said I'll take it, I know the funds will be coming as fast.

The only problem with the classifieds is looking and finding out you just missed out on something you have been looking for.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Every seller has the right to conduct their business as they wish ...

Agreed, but if you're conducting an auction, it should be posted in the Auction area.

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a guy accepts your offer,that's it.The seller doesn't start fielding other offers.This ain't EBay.

I tried to buy a lovely Browning Safari Grade a few years back from some jackass.His description of the rifle should have turned me away (he wondered if a ding in the stock was a "factory origanal crest" or not.....),but the rifle was just too nice to pass up.We agreed on $595,and he said the rifle was mine.

A few hours later,he e-mailed me back and said sorry,but he had recieved a higher offer.Figuring he was just milking me for more money,I said that was alright-how much was the other offer?

He said $600.$5 more than what we agreed on!

I called him a "cheap SOB",and he threatened to have me sued for defamation.You can't make this chit up............

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
M
MDA Offline
M
As a buyer let me say this. Recently I agreed to purchase an item for not a a small amount of $ but at a resonable price. Not 2 days later but before I had sent the C.C. someone on a different forum offered the same product but with a better fit for $100 less. A deal was a deal so the check went out because I agreed on the price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am from the country and as such I was raised that a man's word was his bond. I have had many chances to back up on my word for more money but would not because I had give my word in good faith. I will take a man's word in like kind, until he proves by word or action that you can not trust him. And as such I will not be dealing with people like Hogan if I can help it.

prezactly..........

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 55 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,929
Posts18,518,914
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.