-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
From $10 to $80. The exact date hasn't yet been announced.

The pass gets you into all National Parks and has big discounts on campgrounds and many other national sites. If you do any traveling or camping at all, it's a great deal. It's a lifetime pass that you don't want to pass up. Right now it's cheap enough to get one to keep in each car.

National Parks Fee to Be Hiked
Cost of lifetime passes for seniors on the rise
by William E. Gibson, AARP | December 20, 2016

National Park Pass
National Park Service officials are unsure how long it will take to implement the change.

Older people can expect a big jump sometime next year in the fee for a lifetime pass to visit national parks, as part of a larger move to pay for major projects and enhanced services.

The fee for a lifetime pass for citizens 62 and older will go from $10 to $80. An annual pass will cost them $20, which they can apply to the cost of a lifetime pass at a later point if they decide they want one.

But if you get a lifetime pass before the change is implemented, it will cost only $10. Passes can be purchased online for an additional service fee of $10 or at any of the parks without an extra charge.

National Park Service officials are unsure how long it will take to implement the change, but it’s expected before the end of 2017. Meantime, they are spreading the word informally.

“We don’t want anyone to feel blindsided and say, ‘Why didn’t anyone tell us about this,’” said Kathy Kupper, a Park Service spokeswoman. “We don’t know whether we’ll get any pushback. It [the higher fee] is still a great deal.”

Earlier this month, Congress approved legislation, the National Park Service Centennial Act, that raises fees and sets up an endowment to help pay for projects and visitor services. The cost of the senior pass has not been increased since 1994, when it jumped to $10.

The move is intended to improve the visitor experience and provide more opportunities to volunteer in parks across the country.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotta pay all the tree hugger environmental radicals they have on payroll somehow.

Obama told us these places would all pay for themselves and thrive. Guess he was right...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How does one go about obtaining such a pass?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD

any gate at any National Park,

I purchased one there and one at the local BLM ( Bureau of Land Management office, not Black Lives (don't ) Matter that much...)

Got one in my Pilot and one in the 4 Runner...

best $10 you'll ever spend.. I bought a second one just to have...

they just required my D/L to verify my age....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think it's now called a Senior Pass. It should be available at any Nat. Forest office, park entrance, or any other agency that charges a fee.

Participating agencies included in the pass series are the National Park Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (Forest Service), Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation. Some Corps of Engineers and Tennessee Valley Authority sites may honor the Senior Pass and the Access Pass for camping discounts

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the reminder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought you had to be 65 to get the pass, so I waited. 2 weeks ago I went to a federal park/campground and got my 'old age pass'. Best $10 I ever spent.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
they just required my D/L to verify my age....
That's all I needed, too, 5 years ago. However, they say they require proof of citizenship. There are so many immigrants now with DL's that it's no good for that. I don't know what they will accept other than a birth certificate.

― George Orwell

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Thanks

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks, We've been putting it off. But, just went to town..... Done! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I acquired my Golden Age Passport 20 years ago for free at the entrance into YNP. Even if I am in somebody elses car we all get in free. Best investment I ever made.
Works good in lots of places.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by RickyD

any gate at any National Park,
We have corn here. No national parks. lol

I'll get it in Oregon over Memorial day.

Thanks!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.