Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A little over a week ago all the photos on my Photobucket account disappeared and there was a note saying they had been moved, even though the photo count in the corner showed hundreds in the account.

I ran through all the fixes, to no avail, and finally was contacted by Photobucket who told me " a 1 in a billion" mixup had happened to " a few" of its customers and they could not locate any of the photos !!!!

But they were sorry and were offering me an ad free subscription for the next year !

Hopefully it was simply a computer glitch and all my photos are gone rather than showing up elsewhere!

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I gave up on them a couple of years ago...

They must be in trouble as they are constantly sending me emails, with all sorts of "offers"....

I had used Hunt 101, but I guess they sell your pictures to others.... so I stopped...

Have been using Imagur, and up to this point, ZERO problems...that's been about 2 years.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had happily used Picasa web albums until Google "upgraded" to Google+. Now it is next to impossible to get a .jpg url link that works.

I was never tempted to try photobucket. Viewing other people's photos with their service was bad enough.

I too have been using Imgur and it works nicely. There is some really strange content on the homepage but once you get past that it works nicely. If you have cosplay fetish you might even love the homepage. Personally, I didn't even know what cosplay was until I started using Imgur. I wasn't missing anything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The lack of photo hosting customer service you get for free on-line is disgusting!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't mean to be the contrarian but I've been with PhBucket since 2011 (?) I think.

***SO FAR***SO FAR*** I've had no trouble with them. I've haven't checked lately but the last I remember I still have about 90 % storage still available. I can't give y'all a count # of pix already there but there are a lot.

I can't explain the difference but "that's my story".

ON A DIFF NOTE

I also read of some complaining of about Pop Up Ads and difficulty getting "Google" to come on line with "Campfire".
My PC is a Google Chrome and once again I haven't had the problems I hear about.

I don't know where it is----My I/net is Uverse so now y'all know as much as I do.

Sorry for your difficulties. Wish I could help.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slightly different question concerning Photobucket. Here on the Campfire there are often supposed to be pictures posted but what shows up is a box you are supposed to click on. Except the box always (in my case) the pictures are never available. Does anyone know why this occurs?

Jim

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Phil,
I have used their service for posting to web boards for a long time.
The site has gone thru some changes and my uploads did not always work.
Last week I had trouble seeing my pictures at all. I was trying to find one to repost.
I have not been back to check. I hope you find yours and can get back on track.
They should do better by you than a free anything.
A tech finding them would be much more appropriate.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I followed all their steps and finally had a tech working on it for a few days and he is the one saying a "1 in a billion" event happened and they can not find my photos !

They are probably somewhere in a folder with Hilary's emails !

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only problem with Photobucket for me, was several years ago they wouldn't host any more of my photos. I switched to Tiny Pic, it is a free posting site. I have a couple thousand photos stored there. I do download them from time to time to a little USB drive.

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Fortunately all mine are stored on the computer and a backup file but I guess all my posts with photos are gone

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've been unable to get any photos stored on Photobucket to download here. I attribute it to photo bucket's desire to get paid subscriptions and it appears it is somehow preventing my photos from being downloaded.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
The lack of photo hosting customer service you get for free on-line is disgusting!

wonder what the $15 annual fee/no ad helps.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
that's not a price I've heard about from them. I get emails suggesting I upgrade to a $8.99 per month subscription. Says it'll be fast and no ads, or something like that.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 458Win

They are probably somewhere in a folder with Hilary's emails !

Don't worry, Julian Assange will release them before long.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
At the first of the year, I had an urge to save my photos onto a thumb drive, which I did. A couple of weeks ago my computer died and all I had left was my pics. Sure glad I did.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Guides that profit from pictures should have to pay photobucket..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

‎да товарищ

Da, comrade...

Last edited by Tony_Soprano; 03/15/17.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've had speed issues for a while now, so might try Imagur.

Anyone that uses any of these services and expects privacy or security needs to think again. They're a convenience and a necessity for some things, but multiple backups of important things is the closest you'll get to safety for your images. Privacy died a slow, lingering death years ago.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano

‎да товарищ

Da, comrade...

Photobucket is not free. You don't send them money but you view/put up with the ads. They make money from your use. Photobucket seems as ad laden as any "free" service I've seen.

While typing this, I tried to open a photo from someone's PB account. There are four on screen ads that successfully loaded in addition to three ads for fee based services from PB. There have also been two pop ups... still no photo.

I don't think expecting a little bit of customer service is asking too much.

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Guides that profit from pictures should have to pay photobucket..

Not getting your share of adoration today ?

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.