Print Thread
Hop To
N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Been thinking on this and decided try the market and see if it's worth selling.
I have a blueprinted lh short action, chrome moly action. Fluted bolt with 3 position Winchester type safety. A Shilen trigger. A Wilson stainless barrel in 6.5 creedmoor with barrel nut, 10 thou over for a blueprinted action, new in box. A McGowan 250ai with barrel nut (not sized for the blueprinted action) short bull barrel. An adl stock out of Alaska (Grey or Lone Wolf brand) I don't recall, that is super light weight and excellent in use. The value is in everything except the action, as it has a scope base hole off center at the very rear. I modified a one piece base and two piece rear base to fit and it held excellent groups. Holes touching upon the rare occasion I did my part in loading and shooting.
I'm wondering if I should part it out or sell complete.

Last edited by Nessmuk; 03/25/17.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Price?

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Price is the problem. That's why I need input.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Nessmuk
Been thinking on this and decided try the market and see if it's worth selling.
I have a blueprinted lh short action, chrome moly action. Fluted bolt with 3 position Winchester type safety. A Shilen trigger. A Wilson stainless barrel in 6.5 creedmoor with barrel nut, 10 thou over for a blueprinted action, new in box. A McGowan 250ai with barrel nut (not sized for the blueprinted action) short bull barrel. An adl stock out of Alaska (Grey or Lone Wolf brand) I don't recall, that is super light weight and excellent in use. The value is in everything except the action, as it has a scope base hole off center at the very rear. I modified a one piece base and two piece rear base to fit and it held excellent groups. Holes touching upon the rare occasion I did my part in loading and shooting.
I'm wondering if I should part it out or sell complete.

Slightly confused, not that it's new for me and I am really not trying to be an ass but.....

If you have a:

"Wilson stainless barrel in 6.5 creedmoor with barrel nut, 10 thou over for a blueprinted action, new in box"

Then it has never been on the receiver and you have a:

"McGowan 250ai with barrel nut (not sized for the blueprinted action) short bull barrel"

that doesn't fit the receiver then how can it be fired and shoot:

"Holes touching upon the rare occasion I did my part in loading and shooting."

And also, why is it advertised as a 250AI but the 250AI barrel won't fit the receiver, sounds like it is a 6.5 CM that needs to be assembled and a 250AI barrel that would fit a different receiver than this one.

I must be missing something or need a little more info to wrap my small mind around this.

By the way, the miss-aligned base hole is the original reason for going to 8-40 screws. Easy fix with a mill.

Again, not trying to be an ass, just trying to figure out what is really for sale. I would say at this point to part it out. It would most likely get the most money in your pocket.

"Any inanimate object will just sit there until a person picks it up.
What they do with it depends on what kind of respect they've
been taught for human life"
IC B2

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
When I ordered the 250ai barrel I did not know the receiver was blueprinted. When it was loose upon arrival I called Mr McGowan and explained to him what was what. He advised I was OK to use it as was, and I did so.

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
I agree the barrels are better used the way you say. It was my plan to do so.
I. Find my self sorely tempted by the design of the Ruger American.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,855
Posts18,497,046
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.