Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW a LOT of theft, especially rural the property owners know the perps one way or another. ITs why they were chosen as targets and often the time chosen to rob... IE thinking no one was there.

May be proved wrong on this, but if you are willing to break into my house, may you die right there. YOu've passed a certain point on my personal thats too much scale. Now you won't like the example being set.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE
[Linked Image]

I see what you did there, for folks to dumb to even be able to read.... LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

(As of 20 hours ago)

"Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'Stand Your Ground' law"

http://abc7.com/news/stand-your-ground-law-may-be-tested-in-teens-killings/1824541/

...Officials said they had not determined if the shooter, who was armed with an AR-15, would face charges. Oklahoma law presumes homeowners have a fear that justifies use of defensive force just by virtue of someone breaking into a home.

A decision on charges for the shooter, as well as formal charges for the alleged getaway driver, would be determined in the coming days, prosecutors said.

"And at that time, there'll be a final decision. I know there's questions that have been posed regarding 'Stand Your Ground' law as well as the application of the felony murder rule," said First Assistant District Attorney Jack Thorpe. "We hope to be able to answer those questions with our formal filing decision when we reach that decision."...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Wishful thinking on the part of the Libs.

IMO, this is not a test of the "Stand your Ground" law. Stand your Ground is used when accosted in the parking lot of a grocery story.

This is a "test" of the Castle Doctrine law. Someone enters your house uninvited, you can terminate with prejudice.

These laws needs no testing, this is the exact circumstance for which these law were written.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't like the need for a stand your ground law anyway.

IC B2

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
More info here. Sounds like 2 of the three dead men lived with the woman. Also all three had dropped out of school.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crim...5cab1a8-bbe2-5732-aef9-4ad58408e7a0.html

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bwwaaa....Haaaaaaa...look how the TulsaWorld publishes pics from years ago so they look like little kids.

Don't think they have an agenda?

More FAKE News.!

[Linked Image]

vs

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Two of the teens were adults.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by joken2

Wishful thinking on the part of the Libs.

IMO, this is not a test of the "Stand your Ground" law. Stand your Ground is used when accosted in the parking lot of a grocery story.

This is a "test" of the Castle Doctrine law. Someone enters your house uninvited, you can terminate with prejudice.

These laws needs no testing, this is the exact circumstance for which these law were written.

People breaking into your home were pretty much fair game here long before "Stand Your Ground." I recall talking to LEOs in the 70's about it, basically then your were expected to retreat to safety if possible, i.e. in your house. Once someone was inside it was a different situation.

ETA: You may recall a situation when two guys broke into a young widow's home in Blanchard 4 or 5 years ago. She put an end to it with a shotgun and no legal issues arose. I even saw Dr. Phil applauding her.

Last edited by Son_of_the_Gael; 03/30/17.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

People breaking into your home were pretty much fair game here long before "Stand Your Ground." I recall talking to LEOs in the 70's about it, basically then your were expected to retreat to safety if possible, i.e. in your house. Once someone was inside it was a different situation.

Still pretty much the same all over, I think. Only place I'd be nervous is in OK County with that SOB Prater for D.A. He seems to have it in for good guy..

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman

Dad was a WWII vet and I seriously doubt it would have bothered him in the least if he ventilated Dindu Nuffin.

When I was a lad, played Colt league baseball. We'd carpool to the games and when the buds would drop me off, they sometimes thought it was just too funny to spin their tires in the driveway and kick gravel up against the front picture window.

Dad went all through Europe with Patton's 10th Armored Division.

I told my buddies several times. You just don't understand. He WILL shoot you. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a pistol stolen in OKC about a year ago. It was recovered in a domestic violence call that went sideways, the guy used it to shoot at the police. That finally went to trial last month under Prater. The perp plead at the last minute so I don't know how that turned out. But I did finally get my G-19 back.

I thought the OKC police did a pretty good job with everything, but I wasn't impressed with Prater's office.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's bad for the soul to relish in other people's deaths but the Aunt is way off base. The perps went in with a knife. The were prepared to do violence if they found someone inside. They got what was coming to them.

I would still say it was justified if the intruders were not armed but I would feel more sympathy for their terrible choice. It's hard to muster sympathy when they brought a weapon.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Theeck
It's bad for the soul to relish in other people's deaths but the Aunt is way off base. The perps went in with a knife. The were prepared to do violence if they found someone inside. They got what was coming to them.

I would still say it was justified if the intruders were not armed but I would feel more sympathy for their terrible choice. It's hard to muster sympathy when they brought a weapon.

AND one of the thugs was armed with brass knuckles. Someone using brass knuckles on a person is trying to either kill him or horribly injure him.

When I lived in Los Angeles, I knew a young man who'd been attacked by a thug who used brass knuckles on him. (Brass knuckles are outlawed in Calif., but for some reason, criminals don't pay any attention to the law.)

The young man I knew ended up with a crushed, broken jaw, half his teeth knocked out, his left eye damaged for life, and 27 stitches on his face.

Thugs using brass knuckles to attack their victims should be "terminated with extreme prejudice." Fortunately that young thug in Oklahoma received what he deserved.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't give a chit what they were armed with there's 3 against one.

Commence firing!

Hate it when stupid people talk tell the aunt to stfu

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Anybody hear anything more on this?

daylight home invasion,

guy at home has a loaded AR ready to go?

driver knows shooter?

doesn't sound very random.

Who is dumb enough NOT to have a loaded AR ready to go at all times at home? Along with a shotgun(s), a couple of handguns and a 22 rifle or two?(22s for the 4 legged vermin)

If you don't take responsibility for your own safety who is supposed to hold your hand?

That would be Sycamore.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, and I'm convinced that when we get right to the very bottom of this, somehow Sheriff Joe Arpaio is going to be involved, and in some way needing further investigation / sanctions /condemnation.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Anybody hear anything more on this?

daylight home invasion,

guy at home has a loaded AR ready to go?

driver knows shooter?

doesn't sound very random.

Who is dumb enough NOT to have a loaded AR ready to go at all times at home? Along with a shotgun(s), a couple of handguns and a 22 rifle or two?(22s for the 4 legged vermin)

If you don't take responsibility for your own safety who is supposed to hold your hand?

That would be Sycamore.

Then let him suffer for being an idiot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plot's "thickening" just a bit

The video is almost ragged edge grotesque.

GTC

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dont-blam...dent-004905952--abc-news-topstories.html

I don't blame him,' alleged getaway driver says of resident in teen burglars' killing

3 teen burglary suspects killed during robbery

The alleged getaway driver in a botched Oklahoma home invasion that left three teen burglary suspects dead spoke out to ABC News Thursday in a jailhouse interview, saying the resident who shot them "did what, you know, by law he could do to protect his home."

Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, was arrested on three counts of first-degree felony murder, three counts of first-degree burglary and one count of second-degree burglary in the fatal shooting of three teen burglary suspects by a resident in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa.

"I know what we did was stupid and wrong," she told ABC News. "I don't blame him. ... I understand why he did what he did. I mean, I do to an extent."

Authorities released the names and ages of the teens who were killed by the homeowner's son, Zachary Peters, 23, who was armed at the time with an AR-15 rifle: Maxwell Cook, 19; Jacob Redfearn, 17; and Jaycob Woodruff, 16.

Peters' actions are being investigated as possible self defense under the state's "stand your ground" law, authorities said.

Alleged getaway driver 'instructed' slain teen burglary suspects to rob home, court documents say

Killing of 3 teens during burglary may test Oklahoma 'stand your ground' law

She told ABC News today that they decided on the crime together but that she chose the home. Rodriguez surmised that Peters had money and then selected his home to "hit a lick," or gain a lot of money quickly, police said.

According to Jack Thorp of the Wagoner County District Attorney's Office, she and the deceased suspects robbed a spare apartment at Peters' home that day, she told investigators. According to documents, they then returned to allegedly break into the main house.

Police said Rodriguez, who has not retained a lawyer, told them that she had no personal connection to Peters, who encountered the suspects in the house and shot them before calling 911.

In a 911 recording released Wednesday, Peters can be heard telling the operator that the alleged burglars were shot in the upper body and that he can hear one of the alleged burglars still talking.

"I'm barricaded in my bedroom," he says. "I am still armed in the southeast corner of my house."

Ethan Ellison, a friend of Rodriguez's and the three teenagers, told ABC News that they spoke right after the trio was shot.

"She called me right after it was done. She called me and she was freaking out. And then she told me that the three boys got shot. ... I was like, 'What? What are you talking about? What do you mean?'" he said.

"She said that they thought that the house was empty. ... All she knows, is she heard over 12 gun shots so she freaked out and left," Ellison said.

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly quoted Rodriguez. The quote has been updated.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/31/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Over 12 gunshots.

Sounds like the kid laid down some fire.

So much for 10 shots being enough.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/31/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 60 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,358
Posts18,488,022
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.