Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5shot
What pisses me off is someone lecturing me on where and when I can wear my hat...
BINGO!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think customs and manners do, at some point, become passe. I seriously doubt that many of you guys who are sticklers about hats observe and practice the customs and manners of the 1920s and 1930s. Watch a few of those old movies from the thirties and forties...if anyone were alive from those generations I suggest they would be appalled at your manners as well as my own.

All joking aside, I think it's inevitable that these things will change as generations pass. As a conservative kind of guy, I am not one who accepts arbitrary change and the kind of moral relativism that seems so prevalent these days---but I think we have to pick our battles. Certain things that are VITAL for the survival of our culture and way of life are under attack, and those things must be defended. It may not seem like a small thing to some, but I don't think the survival of western culture depends on our hat etiquette or which fork we eat our salad with any more than whether or not we choose to wear a necktie...and as long as the brim of your sombrero doesn't knock the pictures off my wall when you turn your head you are welcome to wear it in my house.

When someone's "manners" are so coarse that they think they can show blatant disrespect and disregard for others and society in general, such as when they publicly desecrate the flag, then I am on board for some thorough a$$ whoopin.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just depends on whether you have manners or not

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Emily Post, yankee from NYC.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket

Do you mean, manners as YOU define them?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before you answer, you may want to consider the likelihood that Emily Post would consider your manners to be those of one of Attila the Hun's henchmen.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In fact, I suspect that Emily Post would have considered everyone here's manners appalling. I'll bet not one of us would pass the test.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope that doesn't come across as rude.

grin

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Albeit gauche, I quote myself.

Originally Posted by kingston
The more I read, the more I'm glad she's dead.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RiverRider
In fact, I suspect that Emily Post would have considered everyone here's manners appalling. I'll bet not one of us would pass the test.

I'm OK with that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I haven't bothered to read every post so I may be repeating what others have said.

As far as manners are concerned I will open a door for anyone, man, woman or child. If someone opens one for me I will be sure to thank them for it whether they are man, woman or child.

I don't take my hat of for many things or places, especially public ones. Church is an obvious place to take it off. Restaurants to me are not, unless it is a pretty upscale place. If I enter your front door and there is a place to hang my hat, I will be happy to take it off. I will also probably take my boots off unless you say not too. If no hat rack is visible then don't expect me to take it off except for sitting at your table to eat. I will always remove it for the National Anthem or similar occurrences such as a public prayer.

If someone says my hat offends them, that is fine. I may or may not remove it. I also assume anyone who wears a Wisconsin Badger or Green Bay Packer cap is pretty intelligent and can wear them in my house anytime, even at the table. laugh

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Albeit gauche, I quote myself.

The more I read, the more I'm glad she's dead.

[Linked Image]

Post of the day!!

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by blanket

Do you mean, manners as YOU define them?
Nope as your grandma would have defined them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She ain't here to whop me. So now I'm here to whop the young'uns who have no manners AS I DEFINE THEM.

And the wheel just keeps on turnin'.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I almost didn't read this thread. Thankfully I did. Very good entertainment gents, thank you.

I liken it to many of the threads where posters condemn TV to HELL and extoll their own sacred virtue of not having TV, or cable, or satellite, or what have you whilst completely missing the irony of the fact they are typing on the 'net which by any measure is worse than anything you'll find on TV.

MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
She ain't here to whop me. So now I'm here to whop the young'uns who have no manners AS I DEFINE THEM.

And the wheel just keeps on turnin'.
If it is not my young'uns I have no dog in the fight, unless it effects me. If it does that's another story

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think minding one's one business and not criticizing others' manners is---well, good manners. Perhaps we're on the same page.

Don't be the darkness.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I think its funny that for an outdoor site folks here spend so much time inside.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another part of hat etiquette is tip your hat to the ladies. The chicks dig it, especially the Cougars.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.