Print Thread
Hop To
#11876865 03/05/17
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
a really good issue this month, section on the 45/70 as a deer rifle, the .243 with a bunch of information, and best of all an article on the 358norma magnum.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/05/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It was a good issue; nice to see Rick Jamison's by-line again, and I liked the article on cast hollow-points for the 45-70. JB's article on duplicating factory loads was interesting as well, and sure to ruffle a few feathers from those who stopped learning sometime during the Johnson administration grin

Last edited by Oregon45; 03/05/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If limited to one gun rag, I'd go with Handloader. I just renewed and went with the electronic editions.

Wish that .243 article had some RL26 in it.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
those who stopped learning sometime during the Johnson administration

Billy Clinton learnt all there was to learn from LBJ and left nothin' but scraps for the rest of us. Didn't take him long.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It's the only rag I take anymore.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It and Rifle are the only magazines I still get, albeit online.

I don't recall the last time I spent more than about 5 minutes on one. The only article I read in the recent issue was the 257 Wildcat article.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I stopped my subscription to Handloader and Rifle because Wolfe Publishing couldn't get their act together. i'd set it up, then it would deny my username and password.
Call Customer Service and get told I must be screwing up. Finally get it set.
Can't log in next month.
Call cusotmer service....

After 6 months of being talked down to by kids reading from a book and no one competent to fix the bloody problem, they don't get my money.
The writers may be good, but Wolfe doesn't even rate suck eggs.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had that problem too. They resolved it after several emails and a phone call. Then, a year later...

I cancelled my online subscription after they autocharged my credit card for a subscription renewal. I had a devil of a time dealing with their office. I emailed before renewal time and asked that they not renew. I wanted the old fashioned, paper version again. Before emailing, I revised my info page. Regardless, I was autocharged.

Check the area that has your personal info. If you gave them your credit card, there is a spot that says they will use it to auto renew.

The only way to get their attention was to be rude. After two emails and a phone call - before their computer autorenewed - and getting nowhere, I sent another email full of spicy language. That got the attention of whoever reads them.

She admonished me, saying that she didn't need to put up with that kind of talk. I responded by saying that being polite got me nowhere.

That 3rd email got the company's attention and they addressed my problem. They canceled my subscription and refunded what they were asked several times not to charge.

I hope that they don't do this all the time!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My only issue is that I let the print edition lapse nearly every year. When I re-up, without fail, I will only get 5 of the 6 magazine's worth in a subscription that year. Instead of getting the next available magazine they seem to skip that first month and then when the second magazine would be due they send me two copies...

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I review Rifle and Handloader at the local grocery store magazine rack and if something interesting, I buy it.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I hope that they don't do this all the time!

I believe they do.

Originally Posted by roundoak
I review Rifle and Handloader at the local grocery store magazine rack and if something interesting, I buy it.

I would, but they aren't available around here. Times have changed. Even Guns and Ammo is hard to find.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

That's what I did until recently where I can't find it on the shelves.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went to the online subscription, it was such a bad experience I let it drop. Kinda miss the magazine's occasionally.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
I went to the online subscription, it was such a bad experience I let it drop. Kinda miss the magazine's occasionally.

Luckily there is only half as much to miss these days. Both magazines have gotten awfully thin in recent years.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

laugh Ha! I do the same!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Same here, I check them out at the bookstore. Have had subscriptions but too often there are issues that have nothing of interest to me. Same with American Rifleman/Hunter, wouldn't be getting them if I were not an NRA life member. Many times they're not worth the paper they're printed on, not enough relavent interesting material.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have about 6 issues of HANDLOADER on my shelves, and maybe one RIFLE, that I have bought over the years.

Fortunately, I have a Barnes and Noble a short distance away, and one of the Warehouse stores has (finally) a magazine rack, where I can review the issues and decide if the info is worth the price.

I wore out the issue of HANDLOADER that features John Barsness' article "Handloads that Work", so I bought the back issue.

I'd like a rifle to go with each of the listed loads! Dream on, dream on!

What's the worst thing that can happen? O.K., what's the next worst thing?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 56 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,814
Posts18,496,452
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.