-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How many of you guys are going to PAY 399.99 to Photobucket to RELAY your pix!....I AIN'T

Jerry[/quote]

Great minds think alike, Jerry! That's just re-friggn-diculous!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwall
How many of you guys are going to PAY 399.99 to Photobucket to RELAY your pix!....I AIN'T

Jerry

I'm looking for a good alternative. Any suggestions?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Same here. That's ridiculous

Semper Fi
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Post Image has worked well for the 15-20 pics I've posted.

Curious about the finished rifle and charitable donation as well.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Any photos of the final product?

Talked with him last week. Still working on it.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cub, yes, check thread in Campfire "Photobucket Shake Down"

Rocky Raab gives a method to copy - paste. I think it's on P 2 or 3

imgur.com is working for some. I haven't gotten there yet, but headed.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 07/01/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

edit: Ha! Until it doesn't!

Last edited by joelkdouglas; 07/01/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwall
Cub, yes, check thread in Campfire "Photobucket Shake Down"

Rocky Raab gives a method to copy - paste. I think it's on P 2 or 3

imgur.com is working for some. I haven't gotten there yet, but headed.

Jerry

Ok ..... thanks smile

SKane Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Alright, this update has been a long time in coming and your patience regarding this endeavor is much appreciated.

The rifle is completed and will soon be on its way to battue!
The results with 130 Partitions and R26 (see test targets) would surely have put a smile on Bob’s face. (and it will battue’s face as well grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks to all of you that took part in raising $6450 that has been donated in Bob’s name to the charities listed in the below message from his family.

And special thanks to the following for their astounding generosity on the components in the rifle build, and, of course, Nathan Chesney for putting it all together.

Ken @ Brux Barrels – barrel donation

Mark Bansner – stock donation

Cliff/whitebird – pre 64 M70 action and Blackburn bottom metal donation

Doug @ Cameraland – significant discount on scope

Nathan Chesney - Hillbilly Custom Rifles – complete rifle build and load development

Message from Bob’s family:

Thank you for this amazing tribute to Bob, but most of all than you for your friendship. This past year was exceeding difficult. However, each of you helped make it easier for Bob. You were always there to help him focus on the things he loved rather than the daily struggle to fight cancer. Your friendship and generosity continues as seen with the custom rifle. We haven’t had the strength to read all of the posts from everyone in Bob’s memory. I’m sure we will all cherish them one by one in due time. We thank you for that.

Bob was an amazing individual and we were blessed to have him in our lives. He lived every minute to the fullest and he will be sorely missed. Bob faced everything in life with passion, determination and humor; and cancer was no exception. We’d like to share a little memory from last year with you. Bob entered th 6th floor of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital knowing he was facing 10 days of intense non-stop chemotherapy again. He pushes through the double doors of the isolation ward; stands facing the nurses station; throws his arms wide and with a big smile he announces to all “Hi everyone! I’m back!”

In honor of Bob donations will be made to the following organizations: Youth Shooting Sports Alliance, Mule Deer Foundation, Bass Unlimited, Dana Farber and Challenge Unlimited.

The Farese family.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That sucker is beautiful and shoots like crazy! Congrats again Battue. As I've been shooting my new Mashburn I've resisted send Bob a text saying, "you're right, this thing is easy". What a good dude. Miss him everytime I burn a bunch of H1000!

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've had a heads-up Scott was about to post pics and previously saw a couple of the above. It certainly is a special rifle and one I hope to use successfully this coming year. Can't make any guarantees since it looks like I will be hunting new grounds this year. But Lord willing we will give it our best go. Knowing how much Bob was respected here and at home, perhaps just having the opportunity to hunt with it is blessing enough for now.

As an aside, I have had the opportunity to talk with Nathan a couple times in the last month. He obviously builds a great rifle, but even more, he is highly dedicated and enthusiastic with regard his craft. It comes thru in talking with him. The guy overflows with enthusiasm and takes extreme pride in the rifles he makes. If any are thinking of a future build-dumb question hey-I doubt if you would not be pleased with the final product and working thru the build with him. I get the impression if he isn't completely satisfied, then HBR will not go on the rifle until he is.

All that is left is to have the FFL sent to him on Friday and then wait a few more days. Not sure I will be able to tuck them in as tight as him, but I think the rifle will still shine.

Last edited by battue; 08/02/17.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fantastic ! ! ! !

Looks So Very Nice and S H O O T S so very well. Congrats Battue.

I miss Bob more than I can express and I never met him.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for posting, Scott.

I appreciate the update, and another thanks to all who contributed in some way, big and small, to this effort.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AWESOME!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That sure came out nice!

C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks to all who helped bring this about. Bob's presence on the 24 Hour Campfire added immeasurably to the forum. He is missed, but such a project helps keep his memory alive.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This is fantastic.

SKane Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
It certainly is a special rifle and one I hope to use successfully this coming year. Can't make any guarantees since it looks like I will be hunting new grounds this year. But Lord willing we will give it our best go.

Hey, no pressure. whistle whistle

laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That is the second time I've heard that. grin I could lay up at my Cousins farm and wait, usually a lot of Does, but the Bucks are not that great. But, I would rather roam around more. May go there for a Doe, however.

Could go to the Mountains with very few Does but some hog Bucks. Best get a game plan going and do some extra scouting around.

Last edited by battue; 08/03/17.

Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (1lessdog, 10ring1, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.