Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Hot damn I made someone's sig line. That was... painful to admit.

Seems to be going around grin Appreciate the recognition tho, I'm not as much of an azzwipe as you think.

Originally Posted by kingston
Good to see you two are working it out. LOL!

It's a damm lovefest around here laugh

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Generally I don't waste my time with copy/paste wantabes that insult people for conversation,
and are butthurt someone might have more money than them.

A big shot with all that money you like to brag about , but still insecure because you feel insulted.
just a fragile shell of a man decorated with bling.... reconfirmed what a precious & pretentious twat you are.

BTW: Rolex starting at $5000, is no measure of great wealth, ludicrous to think it is.
but you are entitled to keep your self delusion...i doubt you could cope without it.

I don't waste my time with copy/paste wantabes

Posting links to watch reviews upsets you?...truely bizzare.
what about links to car reviews, tool reviews or scope reviews, do they upset you too?

I'm an active member at WUS, DWC, IWL, and a few other watch sites. I enjoy learning and seeing new watches hit the market,

Even from the members that cut and paste info. into the Watch forums you belong to?
...or do you abuse them for it?

You either need some meds or you are taking the wrong ones.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing you say upsets me, I consider the source and snicker at immature Starfish like you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing you say upsets me,

Oh but it clearly has!...you told us you were insulted.
Insulted because people question your Rolex bias waffle.

I don't waste my time with copy/paste wantabes that insult people for conversation,

I actually don't mind the Rolex product, but I consider them rather overpriced for what the Co. offers.
theres no need for some Rolex owners/and non-owners to put other peoples choices down just to prop
their own preference up.Especially when Rolex itself is not positioned in the top most respected echelon
of luxurywatch making....but a schit load spend on tactile high profile Tier-1 sport associated marketing -
(F1, tennis, sailing, Olympics) makes many mistakenly think they are.

All those top level professional sports with Rolex signs everywhere, use official electronic timers not Rolex chronometers.

Anyone who considers Rolex a 'superb' watch, doesn't really know the world of grand mechanical watches,
better to save that spin for the salesroom and unsuspecting customers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My dad paid 750 bucks for my Rolex GMT Master in 1980 when I got my wings. Today, the same watch sells for over 5-6K used. Been on my wrist since then with periodic ~5 year rehabs at the factory. Keeps superb time over a 30 year Navy/flying career, hunts all over the place and just plain every day use. By any valid measure of effectiveness, that qualifies as a "superb" watch. As I posted earlier, I too have one of the first Zenith's "El Primero" from 1971. High Maintenance. Beautiful watch, but it's been in my safe since I got the Rolex

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI
My dad paid 750 bucks for my Rolex GMT Master in 1980 when I got my wings. Today, the same watch sells for over 5-6K used.

Not a bad investment for something that ticked off over a billion seconds so far.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Rolex is a good watch...maybe even though the best of the cheap luxury watches. It occupies the Leupold slot in the watch world. That said, like scopes there are lots and lots of watches that offer 95% or more of the performance for a third or less of the price.

And in watches, unlike scopes, no matter what you say all the nice mechanical watches are vanity items when a $100 quartz Seiko will keep damn near perfect time for what is for all intents and purposes forever. It isn't about accuracy, reliability, or even durability because you can get that in a watch at Walmart that is better than a Rolex or any other mechanical watch.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/03/17.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can't believe some grown men can get so twisted out of shape about what watch someone else might wear. Buy what you want and leave the other guy to do the same. Sheesh.

When I use the term "grown men" I'm pretty sure I'm not referring to Starman, so I'll simply say that I have no idea what his issues are.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BayouRover
I can't believe some grown men can get so twisted out of shape about what watch someone else might wear. Buy what you want and leave the other guy to do the same. Sheesh.

When I use the term "grown men" I'm pretty sure I'm not referring to Starman, so I'll simply say that I have no idea what his issues are.

I don't care what anyone wears on their wrist, or what gun they shoot, or what beverage they drink...but Starfish enters every thread calling people names and throwing insults, obviously he seeks attention and enjoys drama.

I explained the technical differences between the Steinhart and Rolex brands, he didn't like the answer,,,then proceeded to insult other members choices in watch wear. Having simple civil conversations of worth here is a struggle, but he does it in every instance.

BTW: I never stated anywhere that I own a Rolex, if I desired Rolex models I'd have 5. I do have an extensive collection of German/Swiss pieces, many of them costing more than Rolex...and own them for my own pleasure. Not 1 member stated Rolex was the best built watch in the world, yet that it was a quality manufacturer with solid history and design elements.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
One of these would be cool! Too rich for my blood though.

grin

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Submariner.

I also have a Submariner, best dam watch ever. Always thought a man should wear a watch and have a pocket knife.

The metros use the phone for time, gentlemen look at there Rolex. Just sayin

As to investment, its not.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If this thread were a painting, I'd title it "Poor, poor Kgunt of a Man".

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
If this thread were a painting, I'd title it "Poor, poor Kgunt of a Man".

Sorry, trying to man up...but I saw a trani in the bathroom at the mall today, now I'm all fkd up grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It isn't about accuracy, reliability, or even durability because you can get that in a watch at Walmart that is better than a Rolex or any other mechanical watch.

Would be interesting to know how many people who make their living under water or in the air trust their navigation or time window underwater to Chinese timex quartz watches?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I don't care what anyone wears on their wrist, or what gun they shoot, or what beverage they drink...but Starfish enters every thread calling people names and throwing insults, obviously he seeks attention and enjoys drama.

I explained the technical differences between the Steinhart and Rolex brands, he didn't like the answer,,,then proceeded to insult other members choices in watch wear. Having simple civil conversations of worth here is a struggle, but he does it in every instance.

BTW: I never stated anywhere that I own a Rolex, if I desired Rolex models I'd have 5. I do have an extensive collection of German/Swiss pieces, many of them costing more than Rolex...and own them for my own pleasure. Not 1 member stated Rolex was the best built watch in the world, yet that it was a quality manufacturer with solid history and design elements.

You weren't even on my radar when I posted what I did.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It isn't about accuracy, reliability, or even durability because you can get that in a watch at Walmart that is better than a Rolex or any other mechanical watch.

Would be interesting to know how many people who make their living under water or in the air trust their navigation or time window underwater to Chinese timex quartz watches?

Most divers run a quality dive watch for a backup, and use a dive computer for elapsed time below surface....pilots generally use Pilot style watches(low lume hands & numerals, some times chrono style w/multi register).

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I wear a watch everyday. Usually a Tag, but if I'm doing some work with my hands or outdoor stuff then the Luminox gets the nod. I have no problem with people wearing Rolex or Timex if that's what they want to do. It's their life.

What does bug me is all these non-watch wearers asking me what freakin' time it is!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

What does bug me is all these non-watch wearers asking me what freakin' time it is!

Tell them to buy a phone laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

You're bordering on sig line material here.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He's just another Sockpuppet/Troll. 30 days here with 800+ post and no real personal info just bragging and putting others down gets him to ignore pretty quickly.

We have a good troll hunting squad here when they put their mind to it and I'm sure they'll get around to "him" soon. In the meantime ignore works well.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.