Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
my dad's rifle that my mom bought him at
a time when they were young and didn't have
much of anything, and a couple of his knives.
quite a lot of his things were taken by the
buzzards after he died and i was too young to
do anything about it.
i do have some of his advice he shared with me
when he knew he was on the way out, and i'll
always have it as long as my mind is sound.
after that it won't matter.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I have a favorite Marlin rifle....or two....

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Name those that were gifts and those that you acquired yourself.

Within those parameters I can think of only one thing, a Randall Model 7 I bought from Bo Himself in 1972.. for $52
Have packed it around for 45 years..on its third sheath, dressed countless animals and done other chores..
Worth not much to anyone but me, yet I still pack it around and it gets its picture taken, plus I make it a tradition to dress at least one animal a year with it...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The things we own end up owning us.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twofish
My wife, my kids and my dog. Everything else, as much as I enjoy and cherish some of it for various reasons, is just stuff.

twofish

Same here.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There's not a damn thing I can't walk away from... go to an estate sale and look at the the chit someone thought was so important... get tossed in a box and sold with other chit for 5 bucks.

Kent

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My Grandfather was an attorney in Philadelphia, Ms and I have his Smith and Wesson 32/20 (which was made in 1925 according to Roy Jinks of S&W) he carried after he was threatened by some town punk. He also gave me his Elgin railroad watch which was made at about the same time.

I also have my Father's Colt Police Positive in 38 S&W which was the first handgun I ever fired.

Lots of good memories of hunting and fishing with my father, brothers and cousins through the years.

W gave my father a pocket knife engraved with his name for Christmas in the late '70's and it was eventually lost. Fast forward about five years and they were moving and downsizing. When his recliner was picked up, out fell the knife. He passed away several years ago and now I carry it every day (in the left pocket of course for good luck :))

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my sanity, occasionally

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My salvation!

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so."
Psalm 107:2

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I see many firearms listed here as favorite possessions. I can understand that as I have many, many guns of varying description.

However, my favorite possession is my family;
my wife of fifty one years, my two lovely children, boy and girl and my six wonderful grandchildren. Three boys and three girls. What a joy!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krp
There's not a thing I can't walk away from... go to an estate sale and look at the stuff someone thought was so important... get tossed in a box and sold with other things for 5 bucks.

Kent

I sure hope that doesnt happen to my 7 Wby Mk V UL

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I talk(write?) a lot with a toilet mouth and angst, but i cherish the chance at life i was given when i accepted Jesus' command over my life.

Without that, i'd have traveled down a career path that would have destroyed my conscious and any chance at a "normal" life. I now have a great family - a wife and brilliant children who genuinely care about me. Far more than i deserve by any stretch of the imagination.

Otherwise, first among my most cherished "things" is my Rem 700 given to me as a present long, long ago when i still had some small bit of innocence.

The other most cherished thing is my field knife - it's a custom knife made 100% to my drawing/design and material specifications. Having grown up hunting and forest roaming as well as having gone through SERE school i knew what i preferred in a knife and a blade smith friend made it perfectly.

It's special to me because the craftsman who made it did so out of gratitude for having shared the same kind of service background as he (though he was a Jarhead/Marine and me a paratroop). He would accept absolutely no payment though i tried for years.

Otherwise, i have some other great firearms (especially my .22LR - was my 1st firearm - received for Christmas when i was 6 years old), but not much i "cherish" per se.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I don't consider my family my possession so I'll table that for a different topic. After thinking about it for quite a while I think it's a set of ivories out of the first bull elk I ever killed. I was in my late twenties at the time and had hunted public land every fall in Colorado for the previous 6 years without ever killing a legal (or illegal) bull. That year I killed a 5x5 in unit 66 near Lake City in the bottom of a super nasty draw. The pack out was brutal and would kill me now but I remember almost every detail of the hunt. My son has the antlers which are not much but for some reason the Ivories that I took out of his jaw are a treasure I'll keep till they plant me! Elk

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Name those that were gifts and those that you acquired yourself.

My favorite possession I acquired myself is my boat. I would sell my truck before my boat.

My favorite possession that was a gift is a case sodbuster jr that I found in the woods that ended up being my uncles knife that he would take back. I lost it and last year a friend returned it to me when he found it in the couch I gave him a couple of years earlier. That particular uncle took me fishing the first time in a boat, also put me on a ground hog that was my first kill ever and I did it with a 30# bear bow. I could barely pull 30 pounds.
I don't really have any guns that I'm attached to except a 10/22 my mom bought me after I was grown and on my own.

Couple guitars that I spent a lifetime finding, or maybe they found me... couple of my rifles... and certainly some some stuff from my younger years that I'm sentimental about.

But that's dwarfed by what really matters to me, which is the people I love, IE my good friends & family. Though I'd never call them possessions they are..... pretty much everything I have that matters.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Imagine that cocktail party: "Fred, Martha this is Helen, my possession"

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A pair of Tom Mix's spurs.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=wabigoon]Faith in The Lord Jesus Christ, and that, is a gift

Yes! that is the very best!!!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have toys, and keepsakes, of course, I listed the thing I would give up last, that is, NOT at all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be pretty pissed if my saddle was ever destroyed, lost or stolen.

Same can be said for the horse but he hasn't been around for nearly as long....

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.