Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Just thought we would put a post out that our first shipment from GPO - German Precision Optics is on it's way and according to the tracking will be here tomorrow.

We are expecting:

German Precision Optics Passion HD 8x42 Binoculars

German Precision Optics Passion HD 10x42 Binoculars

German Precision Optics Passion 3X 3-9x40 Plex Riflescopes

German Precision Optics Passion 3X 4-12x40 Plex Riflescopes

As they receive more product we will continue to receive shipments. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We are very excited to a part of this great new optics offering here in the USA.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.
Have a great day.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Please visit www.PelagicOutfitters.com for your Fishing Tackle needs

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone have one of the scopes mounted and tested??

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GPO, USA Introduces Custom Turrets With Entry-Priced Scopes

MIDLOTHIAN, VA — GPO, USA, the industry's newest premium optics company, introduces ballistically calibrated elevation turrets as a free accessory with select models of its PASSION™ 3X riflescope portfolio. Available for use with some of America's most popular hunting cartridges, this new turret system allows hunters to simply range the target, dial the turret to the specified distance, precisely aim, and shoot. Simple, quick, and accurate, this system eliminates the need to memorize or access click or adjustment values or the need to "hold over" to make the shot. Designed and engineered in Germany, the PASSION™ 3X riflescope line brings together quality features and value for the benefit of the American hunter.

"The PASSION™ 3X line hits the core of what most hunters are using in the field. It is incredibly well-built and will be immediately recognized as a leader in its space," said Michael Jensen, owner and CEO of GPO, USA. "Feature for feature, spec for spec, this product simply outshines other competitive entrypremium European product lines. Add custom turrets to items in this line, and we have a winner!"

The new turrets are ballistically matched to select Hornady cartridges in the American Gunner and American Whitetail line, including 223 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, and 300 Winchester Magnum. They will be included at no additional charge with the purchase of a PASSION™ 3X 3-9x42 ($349.99) and PASSION™ 3X 4-12x42 ($399.99). All PASSION™ 3X riflescopes are built on a 1" machined aluminum main-tube with durable metallic turret caps, easily adjustable internal turret knobs, fast-focus rubberized ocular, and an extra-wide magnification adjustment ring. The 3-9X42 and 4-12X42 include an extreme wide-angle field of view sure to please optical enthusiasts, as well as an extended range of adjustment and extended eye relief.

These new ballistically calibrated turrets are easy to install on any PASSION™ 3X riflescope. Simply remove one screw, replace the factory-installed turret adjustment ring with the ballistic turret of choice, and reinstall the screw. The gun does not have to be re-zeroed if sighted in at 200 yards. Turrets are made from high grade aluminum that resists wear and corrosion.

Ballistically calibrated turrets are available for the following Hornady cartridges:
• American Gunner 223 Remington, 55gr HP @3240fps
• American Whitetail 6.5 Creedmooor, 129gr InterLock SP @2820fps
• American Whitetail 308 Winchester, 150gr InterLock SP @2820
• American Whitetail 30-06 Springfield, 180gr InterLock SP @2700fps
• American Whitetail 300 Winchester Magnum, 180gr InterLock SP @2960fps

All American Whitetail® cartridges are loaded with legendary Hornady InterLock® bullets in weights that have been deer hunting favorites for decades. American Whitetail® ammunition combines generations of ballistics know-how with modern components and the technology for optimum big game hunting performance.

"We packed this product with optical and technical features and fought to keep the price reasonable. As serious outdoorsmen ourselves, we understand how important it is for the American hunter to have equipment that will not fail," said Jensen.

Like all GPO products purchased in the USA, the new PASSION™ 3X 3-9X42mm and 4-12X42mm riflescopes include GPO, USA's Spectacular Lifetime Warranty™. Full product and warranty details can be found at www.gpo-usa.com.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Any comments on quality? Totally an unknown to me.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Yes I would like to hear a hands on review from someone.

David Tenney [email protected]
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Same for me. I see no mention of where they are made or if there is any difference in glass quality across the models. More information is vital.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
dude an unknown 1-6 for $1500 plus dollars? really...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Same for me. I see no mention of where they are made or if there is any difference in glass quality across the models. More information is vital.

From Mike at GPO:
"Optical quality on riflescope will by nature be better on the 30mm than the 1" line. Larger internals, better sweet spot resolution. Transmission is similar on all models between 90% and 93%, so all are bright and winners in their class. If comparing optics and optical quality in the $400 price class, ours is better than other $400 scopes, and we provide turrets and upgraded hardware that makes this a winner in its price/class.

Hope this helps."

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ok I took a chance and ordered one, a 4-12x40. Will give a review of it once I receive it.

David Tenney [email protected]
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is "German Precision Optics" a brand made in China, or are they actually made in Germany?

If so what parts, and how much is assembled in Germany?

IC B3

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
http://gp-optics.com/

"GPO was founded by optical industry senior executives who have experienced how big brands increase profitability to support their massive production infrastructures. This corporate profitability structure normally results in increased consumer pricing or decreased product feature quality. We at GPO have a unique corporate structure that allows us to build higher-quality products with better features at similar prices or similar-quality products at better prices. Our products are built to our high-quality standards in some of the largest global production facilities in the world. All of our design, engineering, and quality management is done internally in Germany."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by prm

"GPO was founded by optical industry senior executives who have experienced how big brands increase profitability to support their massive production infrastructures. This corporate profitability structure normally results in increased consumer pricing or decreased product feature quality. We at GPO have a unique corporate structure that allows us to build higher-quality products with better features at similar prices or similar-quality products at better prices. Our products are built to our high-quality standards in some of the largest global production facilities in the world. All of our design, engineering, and quality management is done internally in Germany."

I interpret that as the headquarters of the executives and engineers is in Germany. The scopes are manufactured in Taiwan.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by prm

I interpret that as the headquarters of the executives and engineers is in Germany. The scopes are manufactured in Taiwan.

ROFLMAO!!! Answer? Waiting.... whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Keep in mind the man at GPO Germany is Richard Schmidt who was president of Zeiss Sports Optics for many years. The man at GPO USA is Mike Jensen who has multiple years at both Swarovski and Zeiss. They have more knowledge of optics than most do and they certainly have to have it figured out what goes into an optic. Does anybody really think people with this level of experience is going to do fly-by-night optics? Does anybody think Doug would have anything to do with them if that was the case?

I have not seen any GPO scopes, but I have the GPO passion HD 8x42 binocular and it easily plays at or above the Zeiss Conquest HD.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SteveC99
Keep in mind the man at GPO Germany is Richard Schmidt who was president of Zeiss Sports Optics for many years. The man at GPO USA is Mike Jensen who has multiple years at both Swarovski and Zeiss. They have more knowledge of optics than most do and they certainly have to have it figured out what goes into an optic. Does anybody really think people with this level of experience is going to do fly-by-night optics? Does anybody think Doug would have anything to do with them if that was the case?

I have not seen any GPO scopes, but I have the GPO passion HD 8x42 binocular and it easily plays at or above the Zeiss Conquest HD.

I didn't really mean to cast any shadows on anyone,most especially Doug at Cameraland who has been more than helpful to this community. I simply don't like the doublespeak corporations use to misdirect customers. In one hand we are Germans and all design is done in Germany and manufacturer is done in some of the largest production facilities in the world. The whole thing is meant to make it look completely German which has been the standard of excellence while really not saying where they are made.

In today's global economy many manufacturers farm out some portion of production to low wage countries in the Pacific Rim. Those products can be as good or as cheap as the manufacturer specifies. I would just much rather that manufacturers be forthright about where products are produced and honestly tell the consumer that even so the highest quality components have been used,because they can afford to use quality components when they can acquire cheap labor. It's the tricky wording and deceptive marketing that cast shadows on the entire company.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Clark:

The name of the company has no bearing on where the optics are made, and that should be understood, if
you know much about the mfr. of binoculars and optics in our world today.

Most of the top mid-range binoculars, that includes those with a price up to $1,000. in todays world are made in Japan,
or another country close to that. That includes those from Zeiss, Leica, Nikon, and others.

GPO has not done anything suspicious at all, this is very common. They just know how to design to spec. and
get things built.

Anything under $500. US is made in China, most likely.

If you want a binocular made entirely in Germany, you will have to search for that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I didn't really mean to cast any shadows on anyone,most especially Doug at Cameraland who has been more than helpful to this community. I simply don't like the doublespeak corporations use to misdirect customers. In one hand we are Germans and all design is done in Germany and manufacturer is done in some of the largest production facilities in the world. The whole thing is meant to make it look completely German which has been the standard of excellence while really not saying where they are made.

In today's global economy many manufacturers farm out some portion of production to low wage countries in the Pacific Rim. Those products can be as good or as cheap as the manufacturer specifies. I would just much rather that manufacturers be forthright about where products are produced and honestly tell the consumer that even so the highest quality components have been used,because they can afford to use quality components when they can acquire cheap labor. It's the tricky wording and deceptive marketing that cast shadows on the entire company.

Made in Germany only requires 10 % of the work to be done in Germany to legally carry the label. I don't know about now, but the Zeiss Conquest HD first came out in boxes clearly marked "Made in Germany". The Conquest HD is a product of design collaboration between Zeiss of Germany and Kamakura of Japan. The most you ever got out of a Zeiss Conquest HD was "Assembled in Germany". How much assembly is anyone's guess. Essentially the same procedure as GPO is using. Zeiss did the Conquest design and engineering and contracted with Kamakura for the product. That is exactly what GPO does. GPO tells you about it up front.

I also was not singling you out for any sort of criticism, so if it came across like that I apologize. That was really a post to the entire tenor of the thread. I am also fully aware that there will be a sizable segment of people who will look sideways at a new company. I quoted you here because you illustrate a point that will be widely held. Nothing wrong with that, it is human nature.

Looked at another way all of these new companies are being set up by people with considerable optics qualifications and experience. There has to be a reason why they are doing that.

Steve

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Made in Germany only requires 10 % of the work to be done in Germany to legally carry the label. I don't know about now, but the Zeiss Conquest HD first came out in boxes clearly marked "Made in Germany". The Conquest HD is a product of design collaboration between Zeiss of Germany and Kamakura of Japan. The most you ever got out of a Zeiss Conquest HD was "Assembled in Germany". How much assembly is anyone's guess. Essentially the same procedure as GPO is using. Zeiss did the Conquest design and engineering and contracted with Kamakura for the product. That is exactly what GPO does. GPO tells you about it up front.

I also was not singling you out for any sort of criticism, so if it came across like that I apologize. That was really a post to the entire tenor of the thread. I am also fully aware that there will be a sizable segment of people who will look sideways at a new company. I quoted you here because you illustrate a point that will be widely held. Nothing wrong with that, it is human nature.

Looked at another way all of these new companies are being set up by people with considerable optics qualifications and experience. There has to be a reason why they are doing that.

I completely agree with you. Zeiss has certainly been the same as are just about every other manufacturer. I just wish all manufacturers would be more forthcoming about where their products are actually made. I would bet that GPO is a very competitive product in any specific price category. If they were not they wouldn't last long and the experience behind the designs says to me that they intend to be competitive.

I just wish any manufacturer would come out and tell us straight up," Hey guys, we are outsourcing some construction to cut costs and bring you a superior product,because cutting assembly costs means we can use better components." In today's world even Made in Taiwan doesn't mean what it did in the 70's. Products from the Pacific Rim still hold that same stigma but they can be just as well made as anywhere on the planet depending on what is specified by the designers and the specified price point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I completely agree with you. Zeiss has certainly been the same as are just about every other manufacturer. I just wish all manufacturers would be more forthcoming about where their products are actually made. I would bet that GPO is a very competitive product in any specific price category. If they were not they wouldn't last long and the experience behind the designs says to me that they intend to be competitive.

I just wish any manufacturer would come out and tell us straight up," Hey guys, we are outsourcing some construction to cut costs and bring you a superior product,because cutting assembly costs means we can use better components." In today's world even Made in Taiwan doesn't mean what it did in the 70's. Products from the Pacific Rim still hold that same stigma but they can be just as well made as anywhere on the planet depending on what is specified by the designers and the specified price point.

Your wish list does not happen with any mfr. The facts are, that all mfrs. have parts of their optics made by many
companies all around the world.
It is not all about costs, but about where those services are available.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One of the reasons they are not completely forthcoming is that most of the big, quality capable OEM's like Kamakura have NDA agreements in their contracts with the companies they deal with. For whatever reasons they prefer to stay quiet. Country of origin is the most you will get without hiring or becoming Sherlock Holmes. The other reason is that since everyone seems to have an infatuation with "where is it made?" or "who makes it?" Somebody like Zeiss or Leica or Minox, or Steiner have it well figured out that "Made in Germany" has a strong positive association and they know full well that if they advertise the Asian connections they use in binoculars like the Conquest HD and Trinovid, that knowledge will not boost sales. Make no mistake the big names have spent tons of money on marketing efforts to promote this idea. They will not willingly give up that advantage. They seem to think that "Made in Germany" on a $500 or less binocular is all they need to go along with a German name, particularly if it is a long term established name, will sell it based on the MIG advertising. Truth be told technology transfer has pretty well occurred and the technology advantage once held by the top end is not what it once was, by quite a ways.

Last edited by SteveC99; 05/10/17.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.