Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bangeye
Brother had a mahindra that he got as a demo holdover for half of a Kobota . Not a big time farmer as in row crops so mostly used to mow/ bush hog 150 acres And plow a few food plots and dove fields. It gave good service for the 10 years he had it before he sold the farm and equipment. I can only assume it's still going strong.

My 45hp 4x4 Mahindra has been good so far. Strong loader, good extras like hydraulic connections. Got a new shredder for it I needed 3 fittings to run it with. No problem. A LOT of small. economy tractors don't even have hydraulic fittings anymore. They have to be plumbed in at extra cost. (Looked at a 65hp JD that had none... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've worked this 3320 like a dog since it was new. Not one single issue with it. I did accidentally run a stick thru the oil filter but that was easily remedied. Go with a top brand and never look back!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the Kubota B series and so far so good. I really looked and for the mid size you pay as much new as used and the new have great financing. Good luck, its fun, once your decision is done.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Couple good points, some not so good from comments.

Bigger used tractors go cheaper, but harder to maneuver in tight places. A 50-60 Horse Kubota new is in the $40000 range. A friend has almost $60k tied up in his.New, 55HP,cab,Snow plow on front and several other implements.

Like someone found put, pushing snow with a plow is not the way to go.You run out of places to push snow. A blower is almost a must, but a 25 horse tractor will blow that snow., but it won't move packed down snow. A bucket won't either unless you have good down pressure hydraulics.That is pretty much a blade operation. My neighbor has about the smallest Kubota I have seen. It think it is 15-16 hp,with a 5 ft blower. It goes thru 2-3 ft deep drifts without struggle and it is at least 20 years old. The 25 Hp is a nice small farm tractor and it has 1800 psi hydraulics. The 35 HP Kubota is the same engine ( at least new ones) but tuned/fitted differently, mostly to comply to CA emissions.

Around here, from what I have seen in my shopping for one, a blower will go for $2000 min, probably more like $3500+. They are a little harder to find used.

Those Ford 8-9N's do not have the front end to work a heavy Front End loader.I fixed up the trip bucket on mine with hydraulics so it would tilt.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
sold it and replaced it with a New Holland, simply because the NH had remote hydraulic hookups and the Kubota did not. Stay away from the "off brand" tractors, because while they might run okay, parts can often times be a nightmare to get. The one exception to brands might be the LS tractors that are now being sold here. We have a local dealer selling them, and from what I've seen, I've been impressed.

LS tractors make Kioti, New Holland, McCormick, Montana and their own LS brand now.
All made in S. Korea in the same factory.
The Boomer is an LS with New Holland decals.
My good friend just got a 50hp LS with cab, air, heat etc.
He priced them all and JD was 49,000. New Holland was 46,000. Kioti was 35,000 and the LS was 31,000 with delivery, a bushhog and a box scraper.
Call one of those guys in the link Redneck gave you....
that's where Mike found his. They deliver anywhere and have smaller HP tractors with no cab purty reasonable.

DO NOT buy the rhino, satoh or any other chinese brand. You will be sorry. If I was dead set on a chinese tractor I would call Northern Hydraulics and ask them about their parts supply.....they might stock something for it.
I have an Agco/Massey 47hp. 4x4 that is made by Iseki. It's nice, but wasn't cheap.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
There was a neighbor who has a 45hp Kubota. He has the backhoe attachment and a blower for it. It did all we needed it to do around here as far as widening out the road. The problem is, hes moved up to Jackson and even though he still owns the house down here, his tractor has gone to Jackson with him. I used to be able to just go over and get the tractor anytime I wanted. Now I can't. He got a box blade for the tractor just before he moved.
He'd sell me the tractor and all the implements for $23,000 it's a fair price but I just don't think I can swing that right this minute.
[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a fair price including a backhoe, blower, front loader and good box blade. A backhoe is alone $6500.

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Toddly
I've worked this 3320 like a dog since it was new. Not one single issue with it. I did accidentally run a stick thru the oil filter but that was easily remedied. Go with a top brand and never look back!

[Linked Image]

Same tractor my brother and I bought about a dozen years ago. It's given really good service in almost daily use. It has been back for repairs a few times but all of the problems with it are a result of the way my brother abuses it. More than once the Amish neighbors have come over with a team and pulled him out of the swamp. I am surprised he has not killed himself with it. Can't tell you how many times I've answered the phone to hear, "Can you come out and look at the tractor....."

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a L3130 Loader series by Kubota. It is a larger frame meant for backhoe work. If I were to get another, I would get something in 45+ HP.
Snow blowers re nice, but I prefer one in the front, and a trailing blade. I don't like looking over my shoulder and driving backwards.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Go Orange, and you'll never be sorry.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I'm looking to get a small tractor. I'll need a loader and a 3 pt hitch. What I need to do is maybe 2 times a winter I'll need to push the snow banks back along about a mile of road. We have a guy who plows the neighborhood with his truck but he can only keep the road so wide, and eventually the banks need to be pushed back. I'll also use it with a box blade and or a swing blade to maintain the potholes in the road when there isn't snow on it. Most likely I'll get a snow blower for the 3pt at some point. There is an older gentleman that currently clears our driveway with the blower on his skidsteer, but his health is bad and I'm afraid he won't be able to keep this up for long. He has also been working on the potholes but a skidsteer isn't really the right tool for that job.

There is a little Chinese made tractor, a Rhino, for sale locally. It's a 32hp diesel with the loader and 3pt with pto. It's 4wd. It's got about 400hrs on it, and just had some maintenance done on it. The owner has been doing the same snow work that I'm interested in and says the tractor does well with it.
I'd like to get a Kubota, Mahindra, or John Deere, but the cost on those is prohibitive; especially considering the limited use I'll be getting from it.

He's asking 6300 for the tractor.

Thoughts?

I've run skidsteers for 30 years. They make whatever attachment you could dream up including angle blades and road grading type blades. Your budget may be a deal killer. But don't think they aren't used for everything under the sun. They are much faster and more stable than a tractor. How many guys get killed when their tractor rolls over on them, as they are prone to do, vs. skidsteers? With a skidsteer you are surrounded by a cage.

Have you considered offering to buy the neighbors machine since his health is failing? Or offer to do the road work if you can use his machine? Win/win?

I use mine for everything. I bet if you had one you would realize they are more versatile than you could imagine. As a side benefit, once the neighbors know you have one they want to hire you for their little projects, so you can make quite a few bucks with it and feel good about the purchase.

Can't help you with the tractor, but I can guarantee you a skidsteer is a work-doing, money-making machine and how. BTW, I plow a mile of road with mine each winter. Good luck in your search.

LOL
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like more HP in a tractor the little ones make you think can do something with them. Current one of 2 is a JD 70 hp 2640 it works well

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Strangely enough, a small bobcat with bucket and blower showed up at the end of the road for 22500. Wish I had the dough.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
. . .But don't think they aren't used for everything under the sun. They are much faster and more stable than a tractor. . .

^ ^ this ^ ^ ^
you can about do anything with one. trouble is just as with tractors,
many don't know how to operate one correctly to get the job done
right and not tear up machine or operator or both. i know a couple
that were raised on farms and can't even mow correctly without hitting
fences or digging a furrow or running the implement at the correct
speed to do the job right.

buy whatever you can get parts or service for local (meaning a
non- chinese something) and don't buy too small of one unless
you like sitting on it all day. spend enough that you can have
something you won't have to work on it all the time or keep it
in the shop all the time. if it's not usable it's useless.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
SRM, I just went through this very thing, and it is tough to find a decent used small tractor here(I'm in Riverton)
I did luck out and bought a JD 4105 off a rancher I know who was wanting to upgrade.
You might check with the JD and NH dealers here and let them know you are looking. According to them the small used units don't stay on the lot long. Wouldn't hurt to have them watching for ya.

Good Luck, Byron

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be looking for an old JD.

It'll be worth as much if not more when you decide to sell it.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
That is a fair price including a backhoe, blower, front loader and good box blade. A backhoe is alone $6500.

Ditto. Buy it and selloff implements you don't need.Probably get it down to under $16K out of pocket or so after that

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Terryk
Snow blowers re nice, but I prefer one in the front, and a trailing blade. I don't like looking over my shoulder and driving backwards.

Good idea.I'd have one,but the extra hydraulics etc, put it out of my range for how much I need it

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
[quote=Fireba

I've run skidsteers for 30 years. They make whatever attachment you could dream up including angle blades and road grading type blades. Your budget may be a deal killer. But don't think they aren't used for everything under the sun. They are much faster and more stable than a tractor. How many guys get killed when their tractor rolls over on them, as they are prone to do, vs. skidsteers? With a skidsteer you are surrounded by a cage.
[/quote]

I run my buddy's a bit.Bigger JD skid. One thing,he can lift big bales off the top layer of a semi,I can't reach that high.However,he has a long hilly lane and has little problem with traction when he has his blade pushing snow. For running a brush hog, disc,and a plow my tractor works better for me.Moving snow,it's about equal. These new tractors with the Roll Over Protection Bars are safer IF the operator wears his seat belt.

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/12/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'd be looking for an old JD.

It'll be worth as much if not more when you decide to sell it.

Green does hold it's value well, no question.
They do rape you in the process, though. smile
I spray and till ground with mine......
skid steer gets a fail there.
Wish I had one though, for movin' dirt.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (2500HD, 808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, BALLISTIK, 11 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.