Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
A bunch of criminals, the whole lot of them.....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What would Bricktop call them?

Schitbirds!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So will there be an income tax? Is it going to go all the way? What about your guys' PFD? Is it a goner?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So in the need that exists to cut govt spending we're NOW gonna have two govt entities

One giveth

One taketh away

They're almost Godlike those legislators

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 04/13/17.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just fuggin great... I"m always day late, dollar short...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a great bumper sticker last night.

Make Alaska Great Again, Impeach Walker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
So will there be an income tax? Is it going to go all the way? What about your guys' PFD? Is it a goner?

Senate you're our only hope.

Who knows if we'll have in income tax. PFD is taking a hit, and personally I have no problem with that because the gimme dat crew needs to have tooth in the game.

My biggest concern is that oil taxes will be raised, and that will very likely put a stake in the heart of the oil industry for a long time to come. The oil industry and all the companies that support the oil industry are the bulk of the states private economy. They've been hit hard for the past two years and are just starting the limp back. I'd say there will be at least another year before we start to see a recovery in the industry and an uptick in investment. If taxes are jacked, you'll see investment dry up, more workers laid off, and a run to ruin mentality of the facilities which will lead to oil spills and possibly fires and explosions.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm good with the PFD gone and an income tax if the budget is cut to 1976 levels - what it was when that was the situation.

Adjusted for inflation and population.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The structure is complete BS. They plan to cut our PFD to $1200 then implement an income tax that will cost most people roughly $1000. Meanwhile, incurring the increased costs of implementing an income tax, staffing and necessary systems. I'm for reasonable cuts and willing to pay my share but don't play a shell game. Take the whole pfd and skip the income tax.

Deal with it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKBoater
The structure is complete BS. They plan to cut our PFD to $1200 then implement an income tax that will cost most people roughly $1000. Meanwhile, incurring the increased costs of implementing an income tax, staffing and necessary systems. I'm for reasonable cuts and willing to pay my share but don't play a shell game. Take the whole pfd and skip the income tax.

I agree completely with the sentiment but the argument made by Hammond is without the dividend we have no skin in the game and will not fight to keep the bastards from blowing the whole wad...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'm good with the PFD gone and an income tax if the budget is cut to 1976 levels - what it was when that was the situation.

Adjusted for inflation and population.

I would like some of whatever you are smoking! A serious budget?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DRAIN JUNEAU

MAKE ALASKA GREAT AGAIN

Any body having caps made up?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by AKBoater

I agree completely with the sentiment but the argument made by Hammond is without the dividend we have no skin in the game and will not fight to keep the bastards from blowing the whole wad...

Option B: Don't touch the pfd and implement an income tax. Regardless of the option, how much are we actually saving when you'll have to pay staff to track and manage the tax program. Including Salary and benefits each staff person costs the state $100K+/year.

Deal with it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as a talk show host so succinctly put it, until the state is willing (and it isn't) to stop paying people to live in places they can't afford to live, state spending is never going to get under control.

I don't have an issue with paying taxes or giving up part or all of my PFD it it's to cover essential services. But IMHO and with some knowledge of the facts, the state spends billions on the bottom dwellers of society and a goodly portion of government positions exist for the sole purpose of coddling and catering to them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One better get in touch with their Senators ASAP.

1Minute
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Meanwhile the D house still has their chef.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And Ledoux has BD parties thrown by the Teamsters.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
And Ledoux has BD parties thrown by the Teamsters.

Whaddayagotagainst bd parties?

Entertainment Nazi!

Last edited by Sitka deer; 04/13/17. Reason: Auto-correct sucks!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Taxes — more than $1 billion worth — are now a game of chicken between the Democrat-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate.

And the Democrat-controlled governor.

Senate Bill 26 came out of the House of Representatives today on a 22-18 vote — and its new tax language found immediate approval from Gov. Bill Walker.

The legislation lined up House lawmakers on one side or the other of a proposed income tax that would generate between $650 million and $700 million from Alaskans’ paychecks.

Another several million would be generated by new oil taxes.

Although Senate Bill 26 doesn’t deal with the income tax except as a condition, it was laden down with what senators called a “poison pill.”

“The House continues to attempt to find ways to pass an income tax and change our oil and gas tax structure, and their latest version of Senate Bill 26 is a poor attempt to do so,” said Sen. Anna MacKinnon. “We are part of a bicameral Legislature that should work independent of each other, properly vetting and improving ideas and concepts as we work through the processes laid out in our respective bodies.”

The bill says that either senators agreed to pass House’s Democrats’ $650 million in income taxes (HB 115), and $350-$900 million or more in brand new oil taxes (HB 111), or SB 26 dies. SB 26 restructures the Permanent Fund so earnings can be used more effectively to pay dividends to Alaskans, and pay for state services.

Democrats said: It’s all or nothing.

Gov. Bill Walker sat in the House Gallery while the bill was being debated this afternoon and smiled broadly, visibly pleased when it passed. His office issued a press release stating his satisfaction at the House’s “courage.”

The courage was that the majority caucus, with help from five non-Democrats, is holding the Senate’s feet to the fire on taxes. Walker has sent word to legislators that it’s all or nothing for him too — he wants an income tax and higher oil taxes. And that means using SB 26 as a high-stakes bludgeoning tool.

Except that this Republican-led Senate is as hard against an income tax as the Democrat-led House is in favor of one.

The $650 million in income taxes, which is the government take currently outlined in a bill that has not yet passed the House, averages to $2,600 per actual Alaska worker.

House members that voted in favor of the SB 26 income tax are now on the record. That includes some for whom such a vote will factor into their next election in 2018: Rep. Jason Grenn, an undeclared freshman from Anchorage, and Rep. Daniel Ortiz, an undeclared representative from Ketchikan. Also voting for income taxes were Rep. Louise Stutes of Kodiak, Rep. Gabrielle LeDoux of Anchorage, and Rep. Paul Seaton.

http://mustreadalaska.com/house-democrat-majority-1-billion-in-new-taxes-or-else/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.