Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Has anyone had either positive or negative experience with one of the current editions of the Colorado?

I'm asking about the 6cyl, 4 wheel drive, 4 door version.

Thanks,

Bob

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A friend has had one for about a year. He loves it. However, for him, it's just a family car with a large open air trunk.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at them. They are nicer than Tacoma's, but felt smaller inside. I ended up with a Tundra.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yep, they make a great car, capable of light towing.

My buddy has two, 1'st gen, with the inline 5 cylinder. That engine, in its early days, had a head issue, not shared by other engines in the model.

When shopping for a new four door light duty truck for his wife's commuter rig two years ago, they decided the Toyota Tacoma was much more solidly built than the Canyon/Colorado.

So she drives the Taco, he drives the older Canyon, their son drives the other identical Canyon, and the '02 K2500 HD sits in the carport until a job comes along worthy of its merits.

Personally, I would look long and hard at the Chevy/GMC K1500 with the new direct injection 4.3, if it is available in the configuration you are looking for. There are scant inches of difference in dimensions between the full size and the Colorado.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I looked at them. They are nicer than Tacoma's, but felt smaller inside. I ended up with a Tundra.

Now, that one ain't small inside... grin

I was dealing with the local Toyota dealer, my wife wanted a Highlander. So, when visiting SIL and daughter in Metairie, I visited their dealership. SIL and his Dad are long time customers.

Was dealing with a young salesman, then the "closer" came out, a real slick dude. He was putting on the pressure. He finally asked what I drove. I said, a Z-71. He asked, have you driven the Tundra. Yeah, that's why I'm driving a Z-71.

Smartazz, sure, but fitting the situation. He laughed, my SIL laughed, it was pretty funny.

But no, I haven't driven a Tundra. People that have them seem to like them. Gas mileage is the biggest complaint, like 16 mpg tops. My Z-71 is 17.5. The new Ford Eco V-6 is over 20, unless you're pulling something, then it takes a dive.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just sold my 10.5 yr. old 2006 Colorado. It was a crew cab with the in-line 5 engine. I was completely happy with it but have to say it was not used for heavy duty service. I would gladly buy another one if I needed a truck. I am in my early 80's now so have decided my need for a truck is limited.

Jim

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks guys.

This vehicle would be used for light, 1 ton, short haul towing and bird hunting trips with dog and bud. Back roads in northern Maine and VT can frequently require clearance and 4 wad.

Bob

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think it would be a great option. I test drove them. Interior didn't impress me too much but I like the look. I'd like the new ZR2!

I ended up with a great deal on an F150 I couldn't turn down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
[quote=WyColoCowboy]I looked at them. They are nicer than Tacoma's, but felt smaller inside. I ended up with a Tundra.

Now, that one ain't small inside... grin

I was dealing with the local Toyota dealer, my wife wanted a Highlander. So, when visiting SIL and daughter in Metairie, I visited their dealership. SIL and his Dad are long time customers.

Was dealing with a young salesman, then the "closer" came out, a real slick dude. He was putting on the pressure. He finally asked what I drove. I said, a Z-71. He asked, have you driven the Tundra. Yeah, that's why I'm driving a Z-71.

Smartazz, sure, but fitting the situation. He laughed, my SIL laughed, it was pretty funny.

But no, I haven't driven a Tundra. People that have them seem to like them. Gas mileage is the biggest complaint, like 16 mpg tops. My Z-71 is 17.5. The new Ford Eco V-6 is over 20, unless you're pulling something, then it takes a dive.

Son drives new ford Eco-6 with the two sets and getover 22MPG on trips really likes it after a Tacoma. CheersNC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Setterman,
I have a 2015 GMC Canyon same truck like you describe v6 4 door. Rear seats are a little cramped for an adult kids get along o.k. The truck has pretty good ground clearance that is hampered by a front spoiler under the bumper. The v6 is pretty peppy and tows my aluminum fish boat and trailer o.k. The truck is rated to tow over 3000 pounds and I don't think I would be happy with that much weight at highway speeds. If you put your self in granny mode it will get the EPA rated fuel economy. But many full sized pickups will do as well. Been off road a few times and it does get around pretty good but you will hear that spoiler drag frequently in the rougher terrain. I am still running the oem tires which on mine are pretty much highway tread. But it did get around very well in this past winter deep snow and ice without going into full fledged 4 wheel drive just used the auto mode. All in all I am happy with it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Setterman
Has anyone had either positive or negative experience with one of the current editions of the Colorado?

I'm asking about the 6cyl, 4 wheel drive, 4 door version.

Thanks,

Bob

I've known 2 or 3 guys that bought the Colorado or Canyon V6. They all wished they'd have just bought a real truck. They didn't get better mileage, can't tow much and are inferior in every aspect. I don't understand why someone would spend that kind of money on a handicap like that. They don't retain their value as well either.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.