-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's all a racket in my thinking, but a necessary evil.

Wife has Geico, no issues so far but no claims either, when she relocated once AAA tried to charge her way over what she had been paying so she made the switch to Geico.

I use an independent broker who had me switch from Progressive after a number of years with them, to Safeco. Had a deer run into the side of my truck, ran right off a road cut into the front fender. Didn't have one issue collecting with them, take it to the repair place, get it done, here's your check, thank you very much.

Good luck whoever you end up with. Hope you never have to use them.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years ago I called them to check their rates. After all they said 15 minutes could save 15%. They quoted about 140% of what I was paying. So I never checked again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here in Idaho we saved $2000 a year on our 3 vehicles over previous premiums with Allstate.
It's been 3 years since we switched, $6000 saved with Geico!

Sounds crazy but it's the honest truth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife has been with GEICO for about 40 years. We have been married 24 years now, and I switched to them from State Farm when tied the knot.
No problems, and a lot of good things to say about price, service and attitude.

Sam......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's funny how many consider PRICE the most important factor.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 79S
Gieco all the way been with them since I was a lowly e4, 17yrs ago easy.

Times have changed. 50 years ago they wouldn't insure enlisted men. When I graduated college they offered to cover me. I told them they didn't want me then, I don't want them now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I was 24, with completely clean driving/accident records, I went to Farm Bureau. They were well recommended at the time. They turned me down. They wouldn't take any single person under 25, no matter what their record. I told them that it was their one chance for a good driver because if I left, I'd never be back. They would have made a lot of money off of me.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
30 years with Geico, no problems. They have a good 100K extended warranty on new vehicles as well.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
My wife has been with GEICO for about 40 years. We have been married 24 years now, and I switched to them from State Farm when tied the knot.

I will second the service and attitude. That's getting hard to come by.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All I know is they spend a heck of a lot on commercials. Someone's paying for it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They saved me around half of what I was paying to Allstate, and after several claims with deer strikes, excellent service...no complaints here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think people need to shop for insurance every 2 years to know how they are doing. They all start low and go up from there. Just my HO

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I've got Geico and never had a problem. Car insurance only.

I took my old policy to Geico, Progressive, State Farm and Allstate and had them give me a quote. Each got to see the same declaration page from my old policy and each gave me a quote for the exact same coverage.

Geico was just under $700/6 mths
Progressive was $1,100+/6 mths
Allstate and State Farm were $1300+/6 mths

Shop around.

This has been my long term experience and that includes some small claims. I once had an ACURA that got hit three times while it was parked in three different places. No problem.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

β€œIn Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's funny how many consider PRICE the most important factor.

^^^ This!
The few bucks you save with some company's will come back to bite you when you need to submit a claim.
As a repair shop owner I will not even deal with Allstate or Auto Owners insurance.
If you want a check cut fast without any hassles use Geico or Progressive. I can have a check cut within 24 hours after submitting my estimate. Hidden damage that wasn't found during the estimate, no problem, I send them a photo from my phone and they have a check in my hands the next day.
I have Geico.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I deal with lots of different insurance companies on a daily basis and know who pays claims in good faith and who does not. Although GEICO generally pays what they owe, their claims force has not kept up with their number of policies. Too much advertising and not enough claims hiring. Their service is among the worst in the business currently.

Price is not everything. You usually do get what you pay for, especially with auto insurance. Anyone who wants the skinny on which companies to go with just shoot me a pm.

Last edited by TnBigBore; 04/18/17.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I agree with Sam.

Car and truck coverage with Geico, 11 years, so far, so good.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
AMICA is the one I settled on after looking at all of them. Great prices but more importantly - great service! Had someone back into a rental carI was driving and they took care of everything and never raised my rates..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 22 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.