Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigNate
I'm one of the unlucky ones I guess. I never recommend it to anyone, and regret it daily.

I did it for much the same reasons as the OP was discussing, along with some of my own. To do over, I'd never have done it and I recommend to them considering it not to. My stuff still works, honestly as well as it ever did. But it did change things. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I started putting on the lbs, lost motivation etc and never got it back. I can't say I regret it daily though.

I can still feel the string pulling on my guts when he tugged it, and smell the burning as they cauterized the ends.

I had it done 10 years ago or so. Drove myself to the office, had it done, drove over to Murphy's in Tucson and perused the guns, then drove an hour home. Shouldn't have walked around after lol. Was riding a horse a week later that got to crow-hopping, I brought my knees up into the fetal position, bailed off and prayed I'd not lose my temper and shoot the SOB when I could straighten up.

MAGA

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Did it ten years ago, played baseball same night. Was tender for a couple days, no problems. Everything works, worst part was having to turn in samples to make sure everything was disconnected.

Old70

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had mine done at the ripe old age of 26..no complications or long term pain. Best decision Ive ever made in my life. I wanted to make good and sure I never spawned any children, and that did the trick......women be damned, they all want kids..they just had find another 'donor'! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by WRO
My wife wants me to get snipped but I'm scared Schittless of both needles and don't trust the medical profession as a whole..

I tried to to do it last week, but when the needle came out, I put my pants back on and hauled ass out of the office..

That being said, I did some research afterwards and it seems that there is chance of long term pain, early onset ED, etc associated with the procedure..

Anyone have any words of advice or have any complications?

That needle hurts worse than a flamethrower being inserted into your penis and you smell your flesh burning as the knots are cauterized. If they don't put enough freezing in, which they didn't with me, you feel them burning the ends of the knots, and have to go through the needles again. Was not nice. One last note... two years later I was still dangerous. Have fun and don't be a wuss. It hurts for an hour. Your wife went through a lot worse and you stood there watching. It's the least you can do:)

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ranger99
it may be a huge coincidence, but the half-dozen
or so i've known that got gelded all had prostate
issues later on

Tis my understanding, we will ALL have prostate issues, if we live long enough.

The only reason I can think of to avoid a vasectomy, is if YOUR vasectomy would fail to keep YOUR wife from getting pregnant. That happened with a friend at work, and also with my sister's son in law.

Mine was done Dec 31, 1984 when my daughter was five weeks old.

Performance issues? Absolutely none. I am 61 and Momma is still praying for some form of ED to arise.

Medical issues? Probably not. I have been affected by epidenimitus several times in the years since. But there is no evidence that it has been related to the vasectomy.

Sex is much more care free, and a lot more fun when one is not fearful of or trying to avoid pregancy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WRO
My wife wants me to get snipped but I'm scared Schittless of both needles and don't trust the medical profession as a whole..

I tried to to do it last week, but when the needle came out, I put my pants back on and hauled ass out of the office..

That being said, I did some research afterwards and it seems that there is chance of long term pain, early onset ED, etc associated with the procedure..

Anyone have any words of advice or have any complications?

Just tell her that your next wife might want kids!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A couple of things about the actual procedure if I may. Throwing it on your wife as some are want to do is not an close to an even trade. For her it involves a real anesthetic in an OR (general or "spinal" depending on the specific surgical procedure used) with "real" surgery; it's also a much more invasive procedure for her with a commensurate exponential leap in costs. And risks. Get it done yourself; false pride is a ridiculous motivator.

If a women is having another abdominal procedure done anyway, then an incidental bilateral tubal fulguration makes sense as almost all the risks and extras and expense have been met anyway. But IMO, all things being equal, that is the only time it makes sense or is justifiable for a husband to forgo the procedure only to have his wife have it done.

There isn't anybody that "novocaine" -- usually lidocaine or xylocaine -- doesn't work on. If it "doesn't work" the guy injecting it is not using enough or in the right area which is actually not that uncommon among many doc's. Local anesthetic are really miracle drugs. Hence, go to somebody well-practiced and patient. Generally (not always) a general surgeon would be a better bet. Generally of course, not in every instance.

Actually, actual Novocain is chemically an ester and there are cholesterases in the blood such that it can render the drug (and any local anesthetic that is an ester) ineffectual as an anesthetic. Lidocaine, bupivocaine and the like are chemically amides and are unaffected by blood.

"Verced" is Versed and is not a pain-killer; it is a benzodiazepine which is a short-action cousin to valium; it's a very good drug that can give you the relaxation you need and even some amnesia so that you might not even remember parts of the process.

A vasectomy is a rather simple procedure as the cords are rather superficial but as in anything a lot depends on the operator even for this simple procedure. Go to a guy who does a lot of them. Another thing, as with about everything else surgically or medically, the more insulation you've padded yourself with, the much more difficult this little procedure becomes requiring the operator to do a fair amount of searching which of course can add to the thrill of it all.

Relax, ask for a pre-procedure oral sedative; Versed or anything else injectable really requires an IV which most PCP probably will not offer.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 04/18/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Can't believe folks are scared of a simple procedure... The fact that I watched all of mine being done, means there isn't much to it.

In fact Doc asked me to speak in a high tone when the wife came back in for a joke, like I'd inhaled helium. We all had a good laugh.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The evening after a friend had it done he was kicked back in his underwear, spread legged, watching TV with his bag laying on a ice pack trying to get some relief.
His two little preschool sons were romping, wrestling and chasing each other around the house.
One boy threw a toy or something simple at this brother whereupon the other boy retaliated by throwing a big hard cover book.
The book missed his brother but not dad.
It landed dead center hard cover edge first.
Said he thought he was going to pass out from the pain.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd think I"d have passed out from pain even without the procedure....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Had it done in Sick Bay on the USS Grand Canyon in 1973. Had it done on a Friday and was back to work without any real problems on Monday. I have never looked back and everything seems to still function.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

There isn't anybody that "novocaine" -- usually lidocaine or xylocaine -- doesn't work on. If it "doesn't work" the guy injecting it is not using enough or in the right area which is actually not that uncommon among many doc's. Local anesthetic are really miracle drugs. Hence, go to somebody well-practiced and patient. Generally (not always) a general surgeon would be a better bet. Generally of course, not in every instance.

Actually, actual Novocain is chemically an ester and there are cholesterases in the blood such that it can render the drug (and any local anesthetic that is an ester) ineffectual as an anesthetic. Lidocaine, bupivocaine and the like are chemically amides and are unaffected by blood.

I can only speak from my own personal experience from dental and local surgeries (such as my vasectomy) that while the local anesthetics do work on me, it's just that I need a larger dose and longer time for it to take effect.

My dentist has finally figured it out after the few times I've planked on him while getting a filling. Now he hits me twice and waits about about 30 minutes before he starts to work.

Was the same thing with the vasectomy. The doc injected both sides. The first one was pretty sensitive. He hit the second side again before doing it and I didn't feel a thing.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm 42 and the wife just gave birth to our second.

We talked about it. I ain't going to do it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It sure takes the worry of more kids out of the equation!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did it

Wouldn't do it again

I like riding bareback and no worries about fertilizing an egg

Read all the warning pre surgery, hah none of that stuff happens to me

Well it did for about 8 mos to a year every time I came it was like molten lava being hammered out those tubes, I'd sweat from the pain

But I was only 41 and I was willing to suffer a lot to empty the twins

That was the worst part, second worse part was the Valium really ah relaxed me. I can recall everything about the procedure including my running dialogue

Told the nurse as she was rubber banding lil Leroy to my tshirt so she could shave me

You've prolly lassoed bigger broncs but that's one bucking sob you got yer hands on there missy Don't think she was all that impressed, she never asked to ride it????

When doc was cauterizing ( mind you I been jabeering thru the whole procedure) he got around to cauterizing. Wisps of smoke rose

I commented well I'm not use to smoke signals from my nuts but you don't look nervous so guess I won't be either

He turned to look at me and deadpanned it's not my nuts on fire 🔥.

Oh? That shut me up for a bit

Bil. Is the smart one. Got dropped off after takin the Valium, said f it I'm just here for the free drugs and left

Good move

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I had mine done several years ago, the Doc used an electric thing like a soldering iron to burn through, rather than cut. Only thing that wasn't easy was I made the mistake of having a conversation with him about stuff unrelated to the procedure and he looked up to answer a question, hit my scrotum with that little cattle prod he was working with! Actually raised me off the table! He was evidently scared he had done major damage, got me out of there as fast as he could - not sure I even had a follow-up visit scheduled?

Never had any problems after the swelling went down and the soreness went away.

Mike

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
My procedure was much the same. I was lying back and started smelling burning flesh. The something burning was me. I still chuckle at the thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
My procedure was much the same. I was lying back and started smelling burning flesh. The something burning was me. I still chuckle at the thought.

Have had some cysts cut and cauterized out. Smelling ones own burning flesh is an interesting experience..

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got put under to get the big snip, it's way less traumatic.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm 42 and the wife just gave birth to our second.

We talked about it. I ain't going to do it.

42 and a child birth. I"d be ready to hang myself.....

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,622 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.