D
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How, and why did he get elected?

Seriously? Look around.

Yes, look around
Al Franken is a senator from Mn
Betsy Hodges (Minneapolis mayor) just was voted second worst mayor in the USA
Dayton the governor of Mn can barely construct a multi word sentence.
Jesse fits right in with those idiots, only is he more brash.

NRA Patron

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He was vindicated in court. It didn't happen.

Thought you went to law school?

You gotta be smart enough to know the former does not necessarily equal the latter.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by KFWA
If Chris Kyle lied to sell a book then he should have been sued.

Ventura's name is not in the book.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Wasn't Jesse a Navy Seal?
Yeah, but they didn't go by that name at the time. I think they were called Navy Frog Men, then.

SEALs today still refer to themselves as "Frogmen." In fact, there is (or was) at the entrance to the Navy's BUD/S School in Coronado, Calif., a very large replica of the "creature" from the old movie, "Creature From The Black Lagoon." The "creature" is holding a large sign that reads, "So you want to be a Frogman, do you?"

Ventura went through BUD/S and graduated, no easy feat. At that time there were two different parts of the Navy's "special operations," one being SEALs and the other UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams). All candidates went through BUD/S.

At that time, some of the BUD/S graduates were assigned to SEAL training and either Team One or Team Two, and the other graduates were assigned to UDT training and Teams. Ventura was assigned to UDT training and an UDT Team.

Ventura served aboard a couple of ships off the coast of Vietnam but did not ever serve on a SEAL Team.

I believe it was in 1984 (??) that the UDT operations were melded into the SEAL program, therefore all graduates were designated "SEALs." Previous UDT members could thereafter call themselves SEALs and could wear the SEAL Trident.

Although Ventura served in UDT, not SEALs, he today can officially call himself "a SEAL."

This is what I've read and also been told by a good friend of mine who is a retired SEAL, Vietnam service.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
He was vindicated in court. It didn't happen.

Thought you went to law school?

You gotta be smart enough to know the former does not necessarily equal the latter.
He proved in civil court, by a preponderance of the evidence, and to the satisfaction of the trier of fact, that the claim was false. That's ordinarily referred to as vindication, i.e., as far as our system of civil laws are concerned, it didn't happen, which is why the estate was held liable.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Former Governor of Minnesota, among other things.

Thoughts on the man, and his job as governor?

He wasn't my problem, I have enough problems here in CA.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The man thinks storm drains are part of a plot to hide aliens from Alpha nowhere.
That's all I need to know.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
The terms sleaze, sewer seepage, douche, don't begin to describe him.

He might be all those things, but he's still better than the current Senator from that state.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Douche bag comes to mind!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Seriously? Look around.
Exactly. I sure as he11 didn't vote for him.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Young people made the difference, came out in droves. It was all about Jesse, all the time. Other than lowering the price for our license tabs on our vehicles, thats about all he did. Oh and squawking about a unicameral form of government.
His biggest accomplishment was repealing the helmet law. What a joke!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kind of neutral on the man myself.
The Chris Kyle incident didn't happen.
The "incident " did a lot of damage to Jesse's rep, not only the getting cold clocked part it. The part where he said
jesse said a seal that was killed deserved it.
The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife. Another fabrication that hurt.
Chris Kyle did a hell of a job for our country and protected his fellow seals and others that served. A great man.
Why he felt the need to embellish his life story at the expense of a fellow seal is troubling as are a couple other fabricated things he told.

Last edited by FVA; 04/20/17.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FVA
The "incident " did a lot of damage to Jesse's rep, not only the getting cold clocked part it. The part where he said
The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife. Another fabrication that hurt.
Chris Kyle did a hell of a job for our country and protected his fellow seals and others that served. A great man.
Why he felt the need to embellish his life story at the expense of a fellow seal is troubling as are a couple other fabricated things he told.

Well said. Spot-on.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by FVA

Well said. Spot-on.
Yes indeed. Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Wasn't Jesse a Navy Seal?
Yeah, but they didn't go by that name at the time. I think they were called Navy Frog Men, then.

SEALs today still refer to themselves as "Frogmen." In fact, there is (or was) at the entrance to the Navy's BUD/S School in Coronado, Calif., a very large replica of the "creature" from the old movie, "Creature From The Black Lagoon." The "creature" is holding a large sign that reads, "So you want to be a Frogman, do you?"

Ventura went through BUD/S and graduated, no easy feat. At that time there were two different parts of the Navy's "special operations," one being SEALs and the other UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams). All candidates went through BUD/S.

At that time, some of the BUD/S graduates were assigned to SEAL training and either Team One or Team Two, and the other graduates were assigned to UDT training and Teams. Ventura was assigned to UDT training and an UDT Team.

Ventura served aboard a couple of ships off the coast of Vietnam but did not ever serve on a SEAL Team.

I believe it was in 1984 (??) that the UDT operations were melded into the SEAL program, therefore all graduates were designated "SEALs." Previous UDT members could thereafter call themselves SEALs and could wear the SEAL Trident.

Although Ventura served in UDT, not SEALs, he today can officially call himself "a SEAL."

This is what I've read and also been told by a good friend of mine who is a retired SEAL, Vietnam service.

L.W.
[Linked Image]

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ventura is such a liberal conspiracy nut jack wagon it's easily believable he would say that.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ventura ran on basically no platform. His only issues that I remember were light rail and legal weed. The weed thing wasnt going to happen. People let their imaginations get the best of them. Students thought he'd get them free tuition. Some people thought he'd lower taxes. Potheads thought he'd legalize weed. In reality he had no plan and his negotiating skills consisted of throwing tantrums when he didn't get his way. He's a bigger moon bat than Dayton.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ventura is such a liberal conspiracy nut jack wagon it's easily believable he would say that.

Not really.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
If Chris Kyle lied to sell a book then he should have been sued.

Ventura's name is not in the book.

It didn't have to be, Kyle mentioned Veturas name as part of the alleged incident, while officially promoting his book on
a radio program.so in effect it was still put on the public record by Kyle as being the truth. In court action, publisher
Harper Collins said it would act to remove the offending page in question from the publication, even though the name
Vetura didn't even appear in the description of the alleged incident... it just referred to a 'celebrity' character named
'Scruff Face'. .. grin

Originally Posted by FVA

The books publisher was responsible for any payment resulting from the law suit. Not Chris's wife.

I was of the understanding that the Kyle estate was found liable for the defamation part of the damages awarded( $500,000?)
and Harper Collins liable for the much larger awarded sum, for the 'unjust enrichment' factor.

anyway the latest is that the saga is not over yet!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/10/jesse-ventura-appeal-in-chris-kyle-defamation-case/

quote:

"Last June, however, a three-judge panel of the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals outright reversed the unjust enrichment verdict and vacated and remanded the defamation judgment
after agreeing that Mr. Ventura’s legal team damaged the defendant’s chance of a fair trial by telling jurors an insurance policy would cover the cost of damages awarded in court.
The appeals panel’s ruling will now remain intact as a result of the high court’s decision this week, meaning Mr. Ventura may pursue the defamation allegations in District Court again."

-remanded means to return the case to a lower court for re-consideration.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JOG

Ventura was the Independence candidate in a three-way race. He pulled enough votes away from the Republican, that had a 6 point lead over the Democrat, to win the election.

Dayton was elected in a similar way, except in that case Dayton was running against two Republicans. Dayton won by 0.4%, 11.9% voted for the 'other' Republican.

Dayton was running for governor when I moved to MN, way back in 1980...and it seemed he ran every time an election was there when I lived in MN....how many high price runs did he make before finally getting elected?

If he wasn't attached to all of that Dayton Hudson money, he'd have never been elected.... I think he spent $7 million on his 1980 campaign IIRC.....

Dayton always struck me as being the kid we use to kick their ass on a regular basis when we were in Grade School... just with the hope of knocking some sense into him...

if he was that kid... we all failed... he hasn't got an ounce of common sense in his entire cinder block for a brain...guy gives being a moron an entire new dimension...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (160user, 16gage, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,249 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,542
Posts18,510,140
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.