Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
We're about done with W Washington. Been cogitating on some moves in the near future. Both literal and figurative.

Have been working on an opportunity in Walla Walla, but as of late I've been thinking about moving all the way back to the southeast.

Folks are in E Tenn and not getting any younger. Thinking a move to the Chattanooga area may be where we go?

Thoughts on the Chattanooga area?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Have been working on an opportunity in Walla Walla,..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Bro.....Its got MILES of cable!!!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Lots of choices there. I am an hour north of Chattanooga and really like that I am that close to a metro area and still able to live in a rural area. Chattanooga has really come a long way since I worked there in the early 70s. It used to be one of the most polluted cities in the country and now it is one of the cleanest. There are lots of opportunities for outdoor activities with the Tennessee River and the Smoky Mts. nearby.

Lots of folks live in surrounding counties for lower taxes and still commute to work in Chattanooga. When highway 111 was finished across Walden's Ridge, people started a land boom on the Ridge as they got away from the high taxes, but were still close to work. The downtown area has completely transformed itself. Now there are condos in areas that used to be abandoned business buildings. Many small businesses have cropped up in the downtown area neat the Aquarium and the Lookouts ball park. There summer concerts in the downtown area almost every weekend during the summer.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Its really beautiful at Christmas time.
I love the area, and actually wish I could move there.
My other choice would be Kentucky, near Daniel Boone National Forest, on the Southeast corner.

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/22/17.
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Figured it was just a matter of time before you returned. No Georgia huh?

I've been looking in that same area of east TN as well as South West Virginia. And lately areas around MT Mitchell, NC.

I like the tax benefits of TN but it does take on some extreme weather. SW Virginia is absolutely beautiful. NC has some weird laws and strange people. Think they all came from Walla Walla. wink

Headed down to the Chattanooga/Cleveland areas over the next 3 weeks. Also looking at a nice home with 60 acres in Turtletown for 499k. Probably take a look at Old Fort and Dalton as well. Will let you know what I learn.

BTW Greenville, SC is still a great town. BUT just not the same Greenville that I was born and raised in. It has been discovered by many from all over the globe!!

Last edited by byc; 04/22/17.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Its really beautiful at Christmas time.
I love the area, and actually wish I could move there.
My other choice would be Kentucky, near Daniel Boone National Forest, on the Southeast corner.

well comon' down!! grin

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

I've been looking in that same area of east TN as well as South West Virginia. And lately areas around MT Mitchell, NC.

I like the tax benefits of TN but it does take on some extreme weather. SW Virginia is absolutely beautiful. NC has some weird laws and strange people. Think they all came from Walla Walla. wink

Headed down to the Chattanooga/Cleveland areas over the next 3 weeks. Also looking at a nice home with 60 acres in Turtletown for 499k. Probably take a look at Old Fort and Dalton as well. Will let you know what I learn.

Hah! It's in my blood!

My folks have some acreage over looking the mountains just up from the Hiawassee river and 411. Beautiful place. Wheat fields are leased out, mom raises some sheep and alpacas, pop rides around on his tractor hauling wood and tending his chickens. Nice way to live!

Hell, shoot me a PM and I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you!

Forget Atlanta. Been there and done that. Lol. Chattanooga is close to the folks, my main reason for wanting to move back, and seems like a great place for work and kids.

Walla Walla would keep me next to the Mountains and western hunting, but very limited opportunities for my wife and schools are lacking.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Very bad housing market right now in my area. No jobs.
Can't sell the house.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by byc

BTW Greenville, SC is still a great town. BUT just not the same Greenville that I was born and raised in. It has been discovered by many from all over the globe!!

Funny. Many years ago, I lived in Greenville, SC for 2 years. I worked at the old Greenville General Hospital. I lived right near Old Easley Bridge Road.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I would like to live in Georgia. I liked it when I visited friends. I like pine trees, most people don't.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was born in that hospital!!!!

OEBR is still there.

Small world.

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
mom raises some sheep and alpacas, pop rides around on his tractor hauling wood and tending his chickens. Nice way to live!

Sounds like my kin in Greenville and Asheville!! Aren't there some great tax breaks for raising alpacas?

I will indeed drop you a note.

Thanks,

David

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You should move to Texas. We got deer, beer and fish. You could then enjoy cowboy and indian games. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Byc,I mighta been your mama's nurse, maybe even powdered your baby butt, back in the mid 70's. But I'll bet you're older than that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
mom raises some sheep and alpacas, pop rides around on his tractor hauling wood and tending his chickens. Nice way to live!

Sounds like my kin in Greenville and Asheville!! Aren't there some great tax breaks for raising alpacas?

I will indeed drop you a note.

Thanks,

David

I should of typed "alpaca" as she is down to one. Being in their 70's and 80's, they don't chase the animals around like they used to!

Don't know anything about tax breaks for the animals, but I think the Feds send a check for not planting tobacco? I'd have to ask.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Byc,I mighta been your mama's nurse, maybe even powdered your baby butt, back in the mid 70's. But I'll bet you're older than that.

HA! So that's what went wrong and sent down this path I'm on!! eek

How on Earth does one wind up in Greenville many years ago when it was nothing?

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by byc

HA! So that's what went wrong and sent down this path I'm on!! eek

How on Earth does one wind up in Greenville many years ago when it was nothing?

Followed a boyfriend.
Don't blame yer path on me. It was just a fluff an buff. smirk
If you need to, blame it on that nurse Opal. She was a nonstop talker and hugger with red hair. grin

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hey, Greenville wasn't "nothing."

It was the buckle of the Bible Belt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very bad housing market right now in my area. No jobs.
Can't sell the house.

Where in Wyoming are you located?
Maybe it's time for me to go house shopping.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, AnthonyB, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 18 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,894
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.