Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Tough one. I've caught all five species of salmon on rod/reel in a day. That was cool.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
Tough one. I've caught all five species of salmon on rod/reel in a day. That was cool.

That's better than the five chicks story, and no chance of offspring.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Backed up Sandy Nelson on stage one night.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Whooped some big guys and out fought several at once. I'm the honey badger and I don't give a chit. 😉

The last fight I got into in HS was 2 on 12. We had 9 of them laid out and the last 3 ran away.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by las

Caught a 5.5 pound rainbow that had been leaping up onto dry land to catch passing voles, then she would flop a couple times down slope to regain the water. She had at least 5 in her stomach, gullet, with a tail hanging out the corner of her mouth. And she took my spoon. greedy!

That is a whopper of a fish story right there! grin

The best part? Hardly anyone believes it, but it is true. Tickles the heck out of me.

It was about 17 miles up Goodnews River, from the village. That is one heck of a fishing stream- 5 species of salmon, rainbows, dolly varden, grayling and assorted other dink/bait fish. Three of us were establishing a first ever ADF&G salmon counting station there that summer. I fished almost every day for several hours, usually catching several to many rainbow. The last day there I finally caught one under 14 inches (12), but that she-male "Jaws" was the biggest.

Even my 100 lb Lab learned to catch fish after a month of trying. He would sit on the 3 foot high bank below the tower, and watch into the water- also about 3 feet deep. He finally learned to correct for difraction, and to dive in on passing salmon with front legs outstretched. The fish would ride up his legs into his mouth. The day he tied into a 35 lb king I had to hold unto the tower rails to keep from falling out, I was laughing so hard. The fish got away, but it was a heck of a 30 second circus.. He got out, sneezed a few times, shook, and looked up at me with this chit-eating "WOW!" expression.

I had to tie him up after that when I was tower watch- wouldn't have looked good to the public... He only went fishing when I was tower watch.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Saved 3 kids from drowning at the same time.
Was part of a 4 man crew very hastily put together to search for a girl that was swept away in a remote mountain creek. We were too late.
Day hiked round trip, Mt McGregor in north central Washington state.
A brutal 6200 ft elevation gain in 8 miles, topping out at 8122 feet.
Been in excess of 180 mph on a motorcycle at night.
Went from 80mph to zero on a motorcycle in about 1 foot and lived to tell about it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Saw 5 mountain lions nose to tail heading up a ridge.
Killed two bull caribou with one shot at 693 yds (not on purpose but I did have two tags).
Lived through two engine failures in helicopters.
Had a client "lose" his rifle off his shoulder in an Alaska alder patch (I went back and found it).
Watched my Dad shoot a 226" mule deer.
Married the girl I had a crush on in Kindergarten (we just had our 20 year anniversary).

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las

Caught a 5.5 pound rainbow that had been leaping up onto dry land to catch passing voles, then she would flop a couple times down slope to regain the water. She had at least 5 in her stomach, gullet, with a tail hanging out the corner of her mouth. And she took my spoon. greedy!

Caught a greedy interior whitefish on a pixie that had the tail of a smaller whitefish sticking out of it's mouth.

Have seen pike grab ducklings off the surface of the river.

OT relative to the thread, just following las' lead.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las

Caught a greedy interior whitefish on a pixie that had the tail of a smaller whitefish sticking out of it's mouth.

Have seen pike grab ducklings off the surface of the river.

OT relative to the thread, just following las' lead.

Gaffed a largish lingcod gently in the mouth per my normal and saw something peculiar in the gullet... turned out to be the crossed wingtips of a gull.

Not gonna eat nuthin that would eat a gull!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
been married to the same woman for 49 yrs.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Beat on a C-130 starter control valve while the pilot pressed the starter button. It was on my first cross country flight without an instructor. A prop turning that close gets your attention! Once the prop started turning I had the pilot stop start, closed the cowling, and got the stand out of the way. Luckily the engine started the next try and at the next stop.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Scratched my balls.

Its more better when a woman does it. Try it. You'll like it. laugh

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Someone mentioned Secret Service. One time I had a bunch of Secret Service guys hanging out in my closet. True story.

Tom

You came home early? wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 1996, I ran in the Olympic Torche relay. Still have the torch ant outfit. Passed the flame on and it eventually got to Muhammed Ali.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Married a lady 52 years ago that was born the same month, day & year that I was. She is two hours older than me. Seems to cause confusion on insurance paperwork. GW

Yes were from Missouri and not cousins! grin

You ever call her "old lady"? wink

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How did you do for the whole winter?
95, and you?

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by helidriver72
Saw 5 mountain lions nose to tail heading up a ridge.
Killed two bull caribou with one shot at 693 yds (not on purpose but I did have two tags).
Lived through two engine failures in helicopters.
Had a client "lose" his rifle off his shoulder in an Alaska alder patch (I went back and found it).
Watched my Dad shoot a 226" mule deer.
Married the girl I had a crush on in Kindergarten (we just had our 20 year anniversary).

My longest game shot to date is a caribou bull at 802 yards. I figured many had done similar. So its not really a big deal. 693 is out there too a bit!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Barrel-rolled a motorcycle after dropping the front wheel into a 45 degree railroad rail cut while starring at a pink, 3/4 life-size, plastic elephant that had just come into view around a curve.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
5 time state champion in high school

Survived a direct hit by a tornado in 1987

Scored a double eagle in golf twice

Swam with a whale shark for an hour

Caught two bass on the same lure on the same cast, one on the front treble and one on the back

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
5 time state champion in high school

Survived a direct hit by a tornado in 1987

Scored a double eagle in golf twice

Swam with a whale shark for an hour

Caught two bass on the same lure on the same cast, one on the front treble and one on the back

Jealous!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÃœCK PUTIN!
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,983 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,614
Posts18,532,896
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.