Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I honestly hate seeing this kind of BS talk going on all the time. I have lurked on this sight daily for a long time and don't usually give my opinion on much. Jesus, the other day I started writing a long assed story to try and stifle all the arm chair quarterbacks and other types of war whiners. If the military don't bitch, then why the hell is anyone else bitching.

If you believe for one second that there are more of us dieing than them then you are truly retarded. If there could be an accurate account of bodies from afghanistan and Iraq you would be astounded. For some reason, the press never finds their deaths important unless it was a wedding or hospital that got blown up.
I find all these horseshit, "war hating" "Bush hating" statements disrespectful to me, my service and my country. If you feel so strogly that everyone is [bleep]' it up then go enlist or join the guard or get a plain ticket. Until then, shut the hell up and enjoy living in the US. The warfighters will fight the war.
And another thing, if you were to go to heaven and ask all those men and women who have died for our country I doubt you would find one who regrets it. We hate to leave our families but it is what we are trained to do and we sometimes just need to go do it for real. How would you like to spend 10 or 12 hours a day training to sweep the floor but never get to actually do.
I apoligize for the rant but this topic forced me to make my 39th and 40th post in about 2 years.

-Piss into the wind.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First Rule "Mind on the game,eye on the ball"

The special ops were pulled to prep Iraq,OBL sipped away.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, 284 TELL US HOW IT�S DONE.

You are in charge, your intelligence tells you that OBL is hiding out in OBL friendly villages in Pakistan. President Musharraf who for the most part has been a supportive leader, tells you he can�t allow U.S soldiers on Pakistani soil, or it would create civil unrest, maybe even a coup attempt. Musharraf can�t send troops in for risk of sparking a civil war, or yet another coup attempt.

OBL for the most part is isolated, and dying. Given the volatile relations with a nuclear India, do you risk an overthrow of one of the only stable leaders in the region to get at OBL, do you risk a coup, then bringing Pakistan into the war so that you can feel vindicated getting OBL?
Most experts believe that he is in Pakistan along the Afghan border, but yet we have not gone in to look�.ever wonder if there might be a reason for that, or do you think George Boy just lost interest? Do you think W might have more important reasons for restraint than appeasing the whiners?
Seems to me you are advocating the same �cowboy stupid� decision making that most accuse Bush of.

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Barkoff,See the above post.It is my humble opinion that something stinks and we as mere citizens will never know the truth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Screw it then, let's quit because YOU say the Boss is an idiot....

I lost 343 Brothers on 9/11, Patriotism is tough to quit on........
Did I say quit? NO, I said do it right or quit. And I am sick and friggin tired of the 9/11 attack coming up in reference to Iraq, THEY ARE NOT THE ONES RESPONSABLE FOR THAT, AL QUEIDA IS! You know, Osama and company. And many of those killed in the 9/11 attacks were also brothers & sisters of mine, as I am a retired Peace Officer/Paramedic AND volunteer Fire Fighter.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In comparison Terry, how many enemy dead do you think there are?? Funny how MSM just reports our casualities with such vigor!!

I don't care how many enemy dead, my only concern is for our people.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a couple of questions about this debacle going on.
First, I am young and not as experienced in wars and politics ect.... but why did President Bush use the excuse that we were saving Iragies (sp) by eliminating Saddam, he killed mercilessly some not sure of the numbers but I think it he was convicted of only a couple hundred kurds, but by implementing this war President Bush who represents us has over 600,000 Iraqies have been killed. My second question is why is it costing so much I read a figure today that said that the bill to date is 500 billion dollars, sheeesh, I dont know about where you guys live but where I live a few hundred thousand would go along way into helping families out of work here at home. I guess I understand that in a war, soldiers lives are lost, and soldiers are made very much aware of that going into the service, but at what point is losing to many young people enough, kids that would maybe have made great doctors or fathers, or community leaders. I hate the fact that if we left now that so many lives were wasted, and screw the world if they called us losers, not to mention the fact that I think it would give bad guys more courage thinking that we cut and run, but at what point do we tap out? And where the hell is Osama anyway?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clueless is, as Clueless posts.....
Dude....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Oh not as much as you might believe. Simple questions require simple answers. Got any?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Vote Democrat??? Hell no!!!! I'm a registered Republican
I keep hearing this [bleep]. Where In the hell do you register to be a Republican, or a Democrat? I keep looking for the place and I can't find it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh not as much as you might believe. Simple questions require simple answers. Got any?

Got any what?
I think that you are clueless....
I've been around the world and have served during wartime....
I've seen hate...Have you?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 600K Iraqi deaths (which is highly in dispute) is not the number of Iraqis that the Coalition has killed. It is and estimate of how many more Iraqis died (2.5% more) than would of if there had been no war. So in other words, all the Iraqis killed because of sectarian violence and Iranian/Syrian insurgents are included in that figure.

BTW, It is estimated that Saddam killled 2 million people during his lifetime.

The war costs so much because war is expensive. However, it is a drop in the bucket compared to what has been spent on social services, many--if not most--of which are of questionable value.

At what point are we losing too many soldiers? I don't know. How much is freedom worth?

the problem with the way we have to fight war nowadays is NO ONE lets us do it "all-out" any more. No one is willing to take the heat for all the collateral damage that is casued by an all-out war, but to be honest, and all out war that achieces totoal victory is the most humane war for both side.

However, there is no way to tell if we had fought that way in 2003 if the result would be any different that it is now. It wasn't any better after WW II in Europe that it is in Iraq now, and we did fight and win an all-out war then.

Last edited by Blaine; 01/17/07.
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
miles.At my county voter registration office.In Pa.party affiliation can be changed or omitted when our drivers licences are renewed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, mtblackdog, a few hundred thousand of the money we spent in Iraq would probably help a lot of families out. So what? I had this discussion once with a Clintonista who had been appointed to a Stategy Forum at the Naval War College the summer after Slick was elected. I had been selected the previous fall by the good guys, before the election. Anyway, that was shortly after we put the last Iowa class battlewagons back in mothballs after Desert Storm, and the discussion was about the cost of adding and/or maintaining carrier battle groups.....how many do we need post-Soviet Union etc etc. This broad came up with some goofy number about how many homeless shelters you could build for the cost of one Nimitz-class carrier, and I almost made her cry when I asked her how many winos we'd have to drop on North Korea to get the same destructive effect as that carrier's air wing could deliver?

Point being, there's all kind of nice things for the government to spend my money on, but one of the few that are in the Constitution is providing for the common defense. If we're not spending it there, give it back to me.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why are we in Iraq, does anyone understand the concept of hunting over a food plot?

Ultimately that is what I can see it being about, get all the fanatical ragheads in the region to come to us on their turf, vs ours.

Yes, we certainly have misjudged what it would take for Iraq to take care of themselves sans Sadam, but they can handle it for themselves if we have the fortitude to stick it out until they get on their own.

Yes I'm saddened at the loss of every one of our fine men and women, but compared to previous wars we have achieved wonderful things with a relatively small cost in lives, though I'll freely admit even one life lost is a high price to pay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
miles.At my county voter registration office.In Pa.party affiliation can be changed or omitted when our drivers licences are renewed.
Where I vote in Arkansas, you pick which ballot that you want in the Primary's. In the general election (in November) there is just one ballot. On that ballot, you can pick any person that you want. It is supposed to be a secret who you choose. That being, that you can tell if you want to, but the government should not know unless you tell. If you want to give your vote to someone else to cast, who am I to say no? So, My question is, If I could regtister, "Why" ??. Miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Blaine-Thanks for the reply. Im still a little confused. Im just not sure that are president and for sure our vice presidents priorities are really with the welfare of the people of our country. But what the heck do I know, and really in the end what the hell does it matter what you and I and the rest of us really think. Merely fish, merely fish.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If terroism is allowed to become a viable way to influence governments, then the welfare of all of us is out the window.

Letting Saddam remain in power was simply too big of a risk. He was willing and able to put WMDs and funding in the hands of terrorists, and had already shown the world he was willing to use WMDs and funding against those he opposed.

The stakes in Iraq are high. Regardless of what you think about what got us there, the terrorists have decided to make Iraq their battleground. If it is allowed to appear the terrorists have defeated the US Military, then our world will become a very unsafe place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gee, where were all you guys when all the candyazz, war dissenting, chicken [bleep] on this forum were jumping all over my azz for saying the same things you people are?

Well, anyhow.............kudos to all.

There are some well written and well thought out posts on this thread that echo my sentiments exactly.

All we need is a couple of breaks in this war and all the naysayers will crawl back under the rocks where they came from.

Once again, nice job on the posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life, he spit between his boots and he replied:

"it's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money"

Dan

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
... This broad came up with some goofy number about how many homeless shelters you could build for the cost of one Nimitz-class carrier, and I almost made her cry when I asked her how many winos we'd have to drop on North Korea to get the same destructive effect as that carrier's air wing could deliver?....

�I don�t care who you are�that�s funny right there!�

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,957
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.