Print Thread
Hop To
W
wsmnut Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Forests to oil, gas and mining. And lock us out.

Trump’s Interior Secretary: We Can Make Land ‘Better’ Than Before It Was Drilled
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ryan-zinke-resource-extraction_us_590902b2e4b02655f841dc06?9a

Better than before it was drilled. Brilliant. Guy must have a lobotomy scar.p

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt it, even though that's what basically needs to be done. There are 2.27 billion acres in America and the Federal Government now "owns" 28%. I can't count that high, but they can drill on my little part.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The law says "multiple use".

That means drilling, mining, logging, recreation, hunting, grazing, etc!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wsmnut

I guess I missed the part about "locking us out" in the article.

The same Multiple Use Act that allows drilling, mining, logging, and ranching also keeps YOU in a place to hunt free.

I'd be careful about trashing that act...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did you sign their little treehugger petition at the bottom of the article?

Hold Trump and the GOP Accountable
Target: Every American

The Democratic National Committee believes it’s on all of us to push back every time Donald Trump acts against our values and the best interests of the American people. Democrats are fighting for every American to succeed, because we believe that America works best when it works for all of us.

Paid for by the Democratic National Committee, Democrats.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not tax deductible.

This petition is hosted by The Action Network. By adding your name, you are sharing your information with The Action Network, whose Privacy Policy (https://actionnetwork.org/privacy) applies.

I have news for you.

It the democrats that want to keep you off of public lands and prevent it's multiple use.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huff Post, fair and balanced, LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Trump’s Interior Secretary: We Can Make Land ‘Better’ Than Before It Was Drilled
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ryan-zinke-resource-extraction_us_590902b2e4b02655f841dc06?9a

You're actually quoting something from the Huffington Post?

I didn't read the article throughly so this may have been covered, but the Forest Service is under the Department of Agriculture, not the Department of the Interior...which further makes me wonder about this article's credibility.

And finally, federally managed lands that have been leased to O&G companies are not off limits to the public...Hell I shot 3 antelope last year on BLM lands that were leased for O&G...the well pads themselves have rules for safety purposes (hard hats, safety toes boots and other OSHA requirements) but the lands are not off limits to the public.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no problem with national forests going back to multiple-use and proactive management.

Do yourself a favor and not quote enemy sources such as HuffPo. It damages your credibility and makes others suspect your mental state.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I grew up in Wyoming. It was common for the land of reclaimed coal strip mines to be better habitat then before it was mined.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And as far as reclamation...in some areas (especially SW Wyoming) the reclaimed areas that used to be well pads or had pipelines constructed are about the only places that actually have decent grasses growing...besides sandberg bluegrass and cheatgrass, which has next to no nutritional content.

It'll amaze folks how many antelope, deer, elk and "wild" horses flock to reclamation to feed. It's like a McDonalds in the middle of a sea of concrete. Proper reclamation is much more effective in restoring the surface than many folks think.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Where's the part about locking us out? Good thing you're in Washington. Plenty of trees to hug.

Past policies wasted billions of board feet of timber, allowing all that lodgepole pine to die and rot, rather than harvest. Obama has really hurt the economies out West. Time to get the money rolling again.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I grew up in Wyoming. It was common for the land of reclaimed coal strip mines to be better habitat then before it was mined.

Yup. I grew up in WV and it was the same with the reclaimed mines there too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Where's the part about locking us out? Good thing you're in Washington. Plenty of trees to hug.

Past policies wasted billions of board feet of timber, allowing all that lodgepole pine to die and rot, rather than harvest. Obama has really hurt the economies out West. Time to get the money rolling again.

I get a chance every couple of years to hunt and visit with Ryan he is a true sportsman and a good friend and I believe he has our best interest in mind!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
look, genius. Obama grabbed millions of acres of land and put them under federal protection NOT so you and I could hunt and fish but to make them politically off limits to energy production FOREVER!

Trump is undoing Obama. You ARE good with that concept???????

Jeezus

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw that article on my FB feed today.
It was shared by BCH and they agreed with it.......

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.