-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was at the Oilers game last night. Pretty crazy game! Let's go Oil!

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm a Die-hard Chicago fan. Saw my first game in 1947. A little disappointed in them this year, because they stunk up the first round, but I like their style of play. Speed, skill and heads-up Hockey and not the St. Louis Goon hockey style. Glad to see the Pred's knock off St. Louis. Go Nashville!

Better to be over the hill than under it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like watching Nashville. I'd like to go to a game there.

The Caps should be out tonight.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rondrews
I'm a Die-hard Chicago fan. Saw my first game in 1947. A little disappointed in them this year, because they stunk up the first round, but I like their style of play. Speed, skill and heads-up Hockey and not the St. Louis Goon hockey style. Glad to see the Pred's knock off St. Louis. Go Nashville!

St Louis is a big team but that doesn't make them a goon team.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hitchcock was a goon Coach. He encouraged his players to hit, hit, hit. As a result his good players like Shattenkirk sat in the penalty box while the opposing team was scoring goals. History has shown, The Montreal Dynasty as one example that Stanley Cup winners are composed of skilled, and well-coached player, not goons, like the Blues have had for the last few seasons. All the great players did not have to try to put their opponent's head into the boards to win games. Hopefully Yeo will change that.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamSteele
I was at the Oilers game last night. Pretty crazy game! Let's go Oil!

Sam, you're a lucky man. That was a classic.

They beat the Sharks, so I hope they take care of the Quackers too! (I sorta hate the Ducks, just sorta, only a little that is. well, maybe more than a little laugh )

Oh, if people think they are a fluke, they're not taking into account the coaching staff. McLellan and his folks took the Sharks to quite a few playoffs. He kinda' knows what he's doing.

Geno

PS, you folks are lucky to have Drew Remenda back up there too. I miss him.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Valsdad,

I got to go to Game 2 vs the Sharks too. The only game where Kassian has heard his name chanted I'm sure. It's been great to break the drought with a deep playoff run.

If you guys want Drew Remenda back I'm sure there are a few thousand Oilers fans that would ship him back to you. His commentary on how good all the other teams are and how bad the Oilers are playing wears thin for the Oilers faithful around here.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Comon' CAPS!!

Fight back!! Skate hard!!

Bring it back to DC!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin grin grin

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin grin grin grin

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin grin grin grin grin

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I hoping the Pens got it all out of their system. Game 7 here we come.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouch !!! that one hurt

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ouch heck. Maybe for you Pens fans.

For those of us who's teams are out of the running, it just means more hockey to watch.

And we all know how exciting a game 7 is (usually? hopefully?)

You and BYC are going to have heart issues if the game lives up to expectations! eek

Now, if only the Rangers can win game six we fans get 3 game sevens out of the second round. Hurray Hurray, let's go Rangers!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Valsdad,

I got to go to Game 2 vs the Sharks too. The only game where Kassian has heard his name chanted I'm sure. It's been great to break the drought with a deep playoff run.

If you guys want Drew Remenda back I'm sure there are a few thousand Oilers fans that would ship him back to you. His commentary on how good all the other teams are and how bad the Oilers are playing wears thin for the Oilers faithful around here.

SS

I haven't been to a playoff game since 1996 or so in SJ. And that was a 6 hr drive to get to. Again, I'm jealous!

Drew has been badmouthing your team? This year even? That doesn't really seem like him. He used to give credit where credit was due and vice versa. He was never afraid to question management decisions, especially from above the coaching level. I watched an awful lot of Sharks games and was happy to hear him calling it the way he saw it instead of just toeing the party line. As I understand it, that's kinda why you folks have him up there. Wilson didn't want him around any more. I've heard a lot worse commentators, that's for sure.

I wish your team the best. I think it would be great for the youngsters on that team to get to the final, even win it. It would give them the added incentive to keep playing their best to try to get back, even with a relatively "weak" team, for the rest of their careers. And good for hockey in general to have a Canuck team. If Ottawa wins, to have two Canadian teams in there would just be too much!

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ottawa thru!!!!

Now, it's a two game seven type of day today. That's kinda special. What more can a hockey fan ask for!

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm either going to be in a real good mood or a really pissed off mood. Go Pens !!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is what it's all about men!!!!

GO CAPS!!!!

[Linked Image]

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Caps are missing way too many scoring opportunities. Shots on goal have to be 3-1 Caps.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Pens up 1-0 mid 2nd period

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (257 mag, badwolf, 35, Beagler410, BABore, 9 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,061
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.