Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Heckler & Koch is building a US factory in Georgia, a welcome surprise for US gun buyers. The German arms manufacturer is building a 23 million dollar facility in Columbus, Georgia to built pistols, sport, and hunting guns. At this time we are unaware of exactly what lines are to be produced in the new stateside facility, I assume that it will be models that were previously affected by import restrictions.
So does this mean that HK no longer hates you and we don’t suck anymore? We won’t really know how this will affect the lines offered to US citizens until they tool up and get product rolling out the door. Heckler & Koch couldn’t continue to ignore the market here in the US as a result of the United States being home to the largest civilian arms market in the world.
HK stated that nearly 40 percent of the guns produced in 2016 were not only bound for US shores but were purchased by civilian shooters.
This is a huge step for a company that previously ignored the civilian market largely and resisted the idea of introducing popular designs thanks to strange and hard to understand import laws. Heckler & Koch did want to clarify that the Georgia plant will not be producing and weapons for the US military and is only producing civilian focused firearms in the new facility.
I imagine it will take some time to get the plant built and spin up production, I will be interesting to see what product lines HK designates for civilian buyers. Could this mean we will get a US legal MP7 for the civilian market? Maybe expanded SP5 choices? Only time will tell.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...05-09&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please bring back an affordable HK 91 and i will perform oral sex on Hillary....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No firearm is worth that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by krupp
Please bring back an affordable HK 91 and i will perform oral sex on Hillary....

Yeah, I'd like an old style 91, too, but it would be nice if they added some way to attach rails to them for sighting systems, lights, etc. Same with the MP5.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I don't want to lose my breakfast.

IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

you going to throw Bill in there too for your 91?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Let's not get carried away ... you can always get a PTR 91.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it interesting that foreign manufacturers have turned to the former texile belt to invest $billions, and continue to do so, while US manufacturing has left the South. Reason? Largely Unions prevent the US companies from investing in the South, while foriegn manufacturing sees affordable American labor readily available, reasonable land prices, and attractive tax structure.

BMW is in Greenville SC, Mercedes in B'ham and are now moving corporate to Atlanta. Porsche has a huge US headquarters at the old Ford site in Atlanta. Kia has build a monster assembly plant in LaGrange, Georgia. Hyundai has the same in Montgomerie, AL. The Ports of Savannah and Brunswick GA have been expanded and improved. JAX is another major port.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, I'd like an old style 91, too, but it would be nice if they added some way to attach rails to them for sighting systems, lights, etc. Same with the MP5.

Take a look here:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idcategory=118

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would love to see the reintroduction of the SL 7.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you sure about that???

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175

you going to throw Bill in there too for your 91?

Not that desperate.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That's good

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's great news, hopefully bring the price point down also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ya know man, we appreciate you being willing to take one for the team but some things just go too far.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You would need to push Huma out of the way to perform that odious task.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
You would need to push Huma out of the way to perform that odious task.

Do I see the possibilities of a threesome here? Even the Russian hackers would be reluctant to post that video!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What does/will H&K produce that will actually be desirable? They are behind the curve at this point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
What does/will H&K produce that will actually be desirable? They are behind the curve at this point.

What/who's curve are you referring to ?, what mfg. has passed them up as a premier product ?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
PTR already makes the 91.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I wouldn't do that if you gave me the new HK factory.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How would you guys rate the HK compared to a similar Glock or M&P?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
HK's problem is not their product or their pricing, it's customer service. It's not that their customer service is bad, it is that it is non existent. They are supported by subsidies in Germany and apparently don't give a rat's rear about providing any sort of support here in the US. I've been involved in the law enforcement firearms industry for years and know of dozens of agencies that switched from HK to Glock or S&W because both of those companies provide support.

HK will need to establish a reliable distribution network and customer service department if they want to expand their US market.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Which model...... P7.... USP....,VP9,,,,,, P30..... ,P2000 ???

I luv my USP and have never had a problem with it but it is big handgun and expensive. Personally I think it boils down to nothing more than a cult following.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by hatari
I find it interesting that foreign manufacturers have turned to the former texile belt to invest $billions, and continue to do so, while US manufacturing has left the South. Reason? Largely Unions prevent the US companies from investing in the South, while foriegn manufacturing sees affordable American labor readily available, reasonable land prices, and attractive tax structure.

BMW is in Greenville SC, Mercedes in B'ham and are now moving corporate to Atlanta. Porsche has a huge US headquarters at the old Ford site in Atlanta. Kia has build a monster assembly plant in LaGrange, Georgia. Hyundai has the same in Montgomerie, AL. The Ports of Savannah and Brunswick GA have been expanded and improved. JAX is another major port.

Nail hit square on the head!! +1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I luv my USP and have never had a problem with it but it is big handgun and expensive. Personally I think it boils down to nothing more than a cult following.

I have a P2000 that I absolutely love. I've never been a fan of striker fired pistols so obviously I like it a lot better than a Glock or M&P, it also feels much more solid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please do NOT post plx. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lighter P7ish pistol that doesn't cook your hand. If possible.

Won't hold my breath since everyone prefers making a Glock.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jnyork

Please do NOT post plx. eek

No reason to panic...he just miss-spelt 'aural'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should be tooling up for US military orders. They just bagged the M27 contract with the Marines (can't believe that didn't have a stipulation that they be made in the US), and the Army gave them the contract for the M??? (whatever they're calling it); replacement for the M110 which is the H&K 417 in sniper configuration with suppressors and lots of other junk to go with it. Now the Army is looking quite seriously at the M27...so the future is VERY bright for H&K in the USA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Anytime sweetheart!

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
They should be tooling up for US military orders. They just bagged the M27 contract with the Marines (can't believe that didn't have a stipulation that they be made in the US), and the Army gave them the contract for the M??? (whatever they're calling it); replacement for the M110 which is the H&K 417 in sniper configuration with suppressors and lots of other junk to go with it. Now the Army is looking quite seriously at the M27...so the future is VERY bright for H&K in the USA.

Maybe. M240's are still in big command.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Gee, I wonder why they aren't building it in Massatwosetts or New York?:-)

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

naw, not even for a hk 91, which i know where there is one that could be bought, reasonable might be in a little doubt.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
trust me friends, Georgia is one urbanized state, looking for investment income, and jobs for it's hi-tech trained, willing workers.

Georgia is not an agricultural state any longer, although there is a bit of agriculture still going on. "people still have to eat."

glock runs a factory in the exurbs of hot-lanta. wonder why?

numerous satellite gun & ammo factories.

people need & want jobs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Gee, I wonder why they aren't building it in Massatwosetts or New York?:-)

We have quite the firearms industry here. Glock, Daniel Defense, Tapco, Honor Defense, Advanced Armament, Bergara, and now HK. Probably others I've forgotten.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 06/22/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unions, really. I used to listen to the brainwashed unionistas and be amazed at the zealot based stupidity. Now it is the anti union folk. The unions are not going to try to keep manufacturers out, they represent a desperately need potential membership. Of course, as long as these new manufacturers keep paying decent wages, and respecting the workers and safety, the unions won't have a chance. The employers will, of course, take care of the employees. To keep the unions out. But, of course, those employees will hate unions, after all "they weren't needed here".

Yes I am a union member, luke warm about it. I do have one of the highest paid factory jobs in our county, and the plant owner has often made it clear that if there were no union, we would make much less.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't hurt that Columbus is Ft Benning the Army Infantry training post.

I think they already have a plant there this is 2nd one.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here

Been here since the XM-8 or whatever that project was called to replace the M-16.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Heckler & Koch couldn’t continue to ignore the market here in the US as a result of the United States being home to the largest civilian arms
market in the world.

They ignored the US market in part because of worries to possibility of changes to more restrictive US gun laws
but they also had very lucrative weapon sales to the middle east region which sustained the Co. very well - before
the German gov. clamped down on exports to M.E.

Im sure they wound rather be selling container loads of contract military assault rifles and accessories to oil rich Arab
states rather than self defence pistols and a HK cap to suburban westerners.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Im sure they wound rather be selling container loads of contract military assault rifles and accessories to oil rich Arab
states rather than self defence pistols and a HK cap to suburban westerners.
H&K’s “NATO only” policy will be interesting to watch. For now, they have little to fear. The US is buying H&K 416/417 series rifles at a rapid rate. Marines are taking delivery of their M27. France will begin taking delivery of their new service rifle this year (H&K 416) and in 2019 Germany goes out to bid for a replacement for the G36, and I think most expect the Germans will adopt the new G433 from H&K. So the next 5-7 years are looking good for H&K. I imagine the reason H&K is building the US factory is so they don’t screw over the US shooting public yet again due to large military orders. They very deservedly garnered a horrendous reputation for hating on their civilian customers by cutting off all support for civilian customers when they were working to fulfill their military orders. So I’m thinking the US factory will feed the civilian market so H&K Germany can go about their business as usual.

Beyond the next 5-7 years, I wonder about the “NATO only” policy though. Most of NATO is basically bankrupt where their militaries are concerned. Even while buying new rifles, France & Germany (and the UK) are downsizing their militaries even more. And the rest of NATO sure isn’t spending money on military equipment during these interesting times…everyone is quite content to just let the US shoulder all the responsibility.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
All of NATO is spending more.. they started after Putin invaded Ukraine.

The US in the last 40 years:

Socialism for big corporations and military industrial complex

&

Rugged individualism for the individual.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have military contracts to fill.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

For me it is fit.

The grip angle of the HK handguns suits me much better than Glocks.

Love my USP and compacts. Especially love my P7s. A bit heavy but tremendous weapons.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

For me it is fit.

The grip angle of the HK handguns suits me much better than Glocks.

Love my USP and compacts. Especially love my P7s. A bit heavy but tremendous weapons.

Montana MOFO
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Their 22mag semi auto (990?) as well as the 660, 770, 880 would be welcome.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.