Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My laptop with Windows 10 refuses to download any updates and so far I have not figured it out after much Internet searching. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a fix that will work? Thanks...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This has worked for me on several machines. http://www.networkworld.com/article...d-up-windows-7-update-scans-forever.html

Oops, sorry. I misread your question as windows 7.

Last edited by gwrench; 05/14/17.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by model70man
My laptop with Windows 10 refuses to download any updates and so far I have not figured it out after much Internet searching. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a fix that will work? Thanks...

Mine downloads the updates as they come out. Whether I want the update or not. It just does it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I had this problem for a long time and went to the Microsoft website and got on a chat service and they re-installed windows 10 from scratch. Make sure you have anything saved to a disc or usb to make sure you don't lose it. It took a long time, maybe 3-4 hours for them to get it to down load but I think that was bacause I had a less than capable technician. There was a corrupted file that threw them off.

No people will tamely surrender their Liberties when knowledge is diffusd and virtue is preservd. On the contrary, when people are ignorant, and debauchd in their manners they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of Invaders. Samuel Adams
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A couple of weeks ago, after receiving a suspicious notification that my computer had been locked because of a Windows server malfunction, I decided to run a complete offline security scan using Microsoft Defender. Somewhere during the 1.5 hr. process Dell Restore got involved and somewhere I was supposed to insert a USB thumb drive to save what was on my computer, which I didn't do. When everything finished running, my computer had reverted to Windows 8.1 (it was worse than even I remember it being) and the programs I had installed since buying it were erased. Fortunately family photos were still there.

I had downloaded Windows 10 when it was free. That offer is long gone, so I figured I would have to buy Windows 10 to reinstall it ($120). I prowled around the Microsoft website and other websites using various search methods, and found out that if your computer has ever had Windows 10 on it, you can download it again free. I suppose that's possible because Microsoft has your computer's unique identifier (IP address?) along with all the other information they have on you. Anyway, I got the free download, reloaded all my passwords, and a few other downloads, and breathed a sigh of relief.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.