Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Greyghost
0-1" most times aren't supplied with a standard...

Phil

Horsechit

GTC

I have five 0 - 1 micrometers, one is Etalon (Swiss) and four are Starrett, including a Starrett High Precision model with spring-loaded thimble. I have Starrett 1 -2, 2 -3, and 3-4 as well. None were supplied with standards. I have standards for the 1 -2, 2 - 3, and 3 - 4, but those were purchased separately. Most users don't feel the need for a standard for a 0 - 1 mic because they can be zeroed at, well, zero.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Standard usually only come with the 1-2" and larger, or in sets of multiple micrometers.

Phil

Horsechit

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948

Phil

Horsechit

GTC

I have five 0 - 1 micrometers, one is Etalon (Swiss) and four are Starrett, including a Starrett High Precision model with spring-loaded thimble. I have Starrett 1 -2, 2 -3, and 3-4 as well. None were supplied with standards. I have standards for the 1 -2, 2 - 3, and 3 - 4, but those were purchased separately. Most users don't feel the need for a standard for a 0 - 1 mic because they can be zeroed at, well, zero.

So,...can we assume that you've never dismantled a quality mike, ...cleaned and lubricated the lead,
.......... and than set the lash on it's half nuts ?
......... after so doing recording" run out" between 1.0000" and zero ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/15/17.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Again
Standards don't usually come with a 0-1" mic.

But have it your own way!

Just trying to point out a basic quality mic that isn't too expensive.

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Again
Standards don't usually come with a 0-1" mic.

But have it your own way!

Just trying to point out a basic quality mic that isn't too expensive.

Phil

Lieberals LIE,...and I'm just pointing out that you're doing it again.

GTC

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Fool, prove it post a link to a new 0-1" micro sold with a standard included...

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mitutoyo, Starrett, Brown & Sharpe, any of these are fine if accuracy is what you want. If you just want cheap run down to Harbor freight.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fool, prove it post a link to a new 0-1" micro sold with a standard included...

Phil

Haven't bought a " new " mike in many years, and the demise in Trades education of the capacity to use, understand, and carry forward the use of classic vernier scales is in large part DUE to the machinations of your tribe, L.A. Boy.

Anybody that's been in the game any amount of time can tell you that what you're talking about is a VERY new evolution.

GTC

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

Phil

Horsechit

GTC

So,...can we assume that you've never dismantled a quality mike, ...cleaned and lubricated the lead,
.......... and than set the lash on it's half nuts ?
......... after so doing recording" run out" between 1.0000" and zero ?

GTC

Yeah, you can assume that. I'm a tool and die maker, not a metrologist and I don't take my precision measuring instruments apart. If they need a tune up for some reason they go back to Starrett. My 0-1's are the only ones that's ever applied to and that's really rare because I know how to treat my precision stuff. But back to the issue at hand, I've never known 0 - 1 mins to come with a standard. Then again, I'm not nearly as experienced, accomplished or skilled as many on this board.

Mathew 22: 37-39

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Cross, your bat-[bleep] crazy!

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cross, your bat-[bleep] crazy!

Phil

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Thanks

GTC

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Phil

Horsechit

GTC

Yup...

I've got four different types of 1" mikes, anvil mike, tubing mike, paper mike and carbide tipped vernier mike. None of them came with a standard, and I've been in the Toolmaker trade for over 35 years. Though I did verify the measurement with carbide inspection grade gage blocks when I was splitting tenth's working in a grinding room.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've got Lufkin and NSK as well as the above mentioned and all are accurate. Mititoyo is my favorite.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You guys are making me thing I should sell mine - I bought a bunch of mity's so I could do my own gunsmtithing, but I became friends with some really top end gunsmiths so now I just have them do it... and may dump mine.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Most that heavily use micrometers, hell calipers, scales and just about any precision tools will have a good set of standards, check weights and the like, but most are purchased separately or were supplied with kits or... as to the time frame, I've been using them for some odd 50 years and have purchased most new personally.

Phil

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If a 0-1 would come with a standard to check 1.0000 then a 1-2 should come with two standards . But they don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Buy a quality brand like Lufkin, Starrett or Mititoyo, and you're set for life.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
If a 0-1 would come with a standard to check 1.0000 then a 1-2 should come with two standards . But they don't.

My 0-6" set has six individual standards....not 6x1" but a 1", 2"......etc.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I originally wanted to say that I needed 4 digits. Bought this one. Thanks all.

https://www.amazon.com/Fowler-52-22...mp;sr=8-3&keywords=fowler+micrometer

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I understand High Country, I never heard of a 0-1 coming with a 1" standard. You check it down at the anvil part of the mike to make sure it didn't get sprung out of calibration.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 71 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.