Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
We live in a very small western town.. Just this morning I was on my daily walk, and one of my friends stopped to visit.. He ask to see my jframe 3" .357.. During our visit we pretty much agreed it was great protection for our quiet little town..
This afternoon I stopped in on the coffee group, to chew the fat for a couple minutes... One of the guys is a retired highway patrolman & former sheriff of the county.. As the conversation went on, he explained just how dangerous these small towns have become.. Here we have a major drug problem & just a bit farther west gangs are posing a real threat of serious violence.. He said they are gradually moving our way.. I always knew the local hot springs attracted some real scum, but wasn't aware of the other serious problems.. I knew dope was always present in town, but since I retired, I have lost touch w/ the doings around town.. He also felt the local officers were not keeping the public aware of serious problems..
Guess it is really time to consider my daily carry weapon!

Molon Labe
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Absolutely. Its the stuff that you don't read in the news or on TV, that you can only learn from local grapevine and LE neighbors, that you should pay attention to. If you have any LE that are neighbors, have a beer with one, and get him talking.
Also, crap happens in the NF, drug cooking etc. Stay alert.

Last edited by Wyogal; 05/11/17.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I hear ya........even living in Podunk Utah....bad schidt can happen to good people......

Living 28 miles from I-70....AKA 'Cocaine Alley' lots of very undesirables travel this route....

Spend alot 'Rhino time' near there...high desert with canyons a mile deep...good place for people

to get 'lost' and not be found....always have a loaded Marlin lever gun in the Rhino....

along with a 40 SA under the shirt......be prepared...

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People in rural areas like to think things are quiet and safe. Was driving past a wide spot on a remote dirt road one day, with a group of guys driving deer. The driver started cussing "those can kids", then he showed me the plastic bags with spray paint and the evidence of pop bottle meth production.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The schitt is everywhere!! STAY READY

The foundation for old age is good memories.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would the druggies bother me? I'm just an old man minding my own business. Just cashed my SS check and I'm walkin to the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine.

But if someone thinks I'm an easy mark they'll sure be surprised when they're looking down the barrel of my .357 laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longhunter_1
Why would the druggies bother me? I'm just an old man minding my own business. Just cashed my SS check and I'm walkin to the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine.

But if someone thinks I'm an easy mark they'll sure be surprised when they're looking down the barrel of my .357 laugh

LH, most homies here have gotten pretty good at picking out the old farts not to phugk with. It's the young or really phugkin stupid ones you still gotta really keep an eye on.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is a dismal tide and no one is immune. Muslim or Methhead is irrelevant. I want fire superiority not parity because you never can tell who you will meet on the street.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Fuggin right..................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

here's another that I can carry easily in Podunk...

44 Special Taurus 2" ported no less......200 gr XTP's .......

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
We live in a very small western town.. Just this morning I was on my daily walk, and one of my friends stopped to visit.. He ask to see my jframe 3" .357.. During our visit we pretty much agreed it was great protection for our quiet little town..
This afternoon I stopped in on the coffee group, to chew the fat for a couple minutes... One of the guys is a retired highway patrolman & former sheriff of the county.. As the conversation went on, he explained just how dangerous these small towns have become.. Here we have a major drug problem & just a bit farther west gangs are posing a real threat of serious violence.. He said they are gradually moving our way.. I always knew the local hot springs attracted some real scum, but wasn't aware of the other serious problems.. I knew dope was always present in town, but since I retired, I have lost touch w/ the doings around town.. He also felt the local officers were not keeping the public aware of serious problems..

I had the same epiphany a couple of years ago. I then switched from the S&W Model 13 K-Frame revolver to a Glock 17 and have never looked back.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut

here's another that I can carry easily in Podunk...

44 Special Taurus 2" ported no less......200 gr XTP's .......

[Linked Image]

I had the 45lc version of this. Good lord did it bark with 365's at full strength.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

A few months ago I was talking to a lifelong friend who is a leo in a small town. It used to be that nothing much ever happened there (well, they did have the annual anvil blasting) but now they're on the main route for cartel drugs headed to Colorado. He told me that if the legal price of marijuana in Colorado was $20 the cartel just sold it at $15. A fellow leo was killed by a druggie in that town a few months ago.

Retired cat herder.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.