Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Any interest in another postal match this spring (if the rain and cold ever leave us)?

If so, what venue would y'all prefer this time? .22's, same as last time? Centerfires? Iron sights at 50? Scopes at 100/200? Or a combination of all possibilities?

Start hashing it out amongst us girls. I'll check in later this weekend or early next week. (Gotta go take care of Mom again, and culminate in getting a wee piece of cancer cut out on Monday frown - and I truly hate negotiating this site via my smartphone.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Wishing Luck your way Gary!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just bought a new sight for the 1919 so we better be rockin and rollin. I've been looking at another rifle to put the Fecker on too. Next thing I'll be selling all of my 1899/99's to buy 22's trying to get a dead possum, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Count me in for the 22 part of things and maybe the CF too. Last years 22 program suited Gary.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, best of luck in getting that stuff cut out. Whatever you do, don't procrastinate. Cancer loves it when people take their time.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Went under the potato peeler knife yesterday. After three slices the surgeon announced she got it all, and didn't take half my ear in the process. I guess now sunscreen is not just for sissies!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Sunscreen or a wide brim hat. Having spent years working outside I am highly sensitive the the fact that our ears and nose are the prime locations for melanoma and unfortunately the ubiquitous ball cap does nothing for the former. I hope you mend fast.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Depending on the response, I'm thinking a simplified version of the match we did last year. Say, 50 yard benchrest .22 rimfire, with sub-categories of iron sights and scope. 100 yard benchrest, run whatcha brung: any centerfire, any sights, Savage lever action, and the same for any centerfire Savage bolt gun.

Best group fired in any category (unless y'all want to shoot scored targets also).

As before, I'm seeing this as a strictly informal fun match. If it starts to become an arms race I will politely back out.

Since I still have a [bleep] ton of targets left over from last year, I can see the cost per entry being less- pretty much just cost of postage. Any profits (hah!) or side donations will be forwarded to cancer research- let's call this one The Go Navy (or Army if you really must), Beat Cancer Match.

Thoughts?

Edit: That would be "s**t ton".

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/16/17.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Oh, I'm in with my "new" 23B. How about something for 1907 pistol, " TEN SHOTS FAST". Shooting my 32 never fails to just put a smile on my face.
15 feet at paper plate?
Jeff

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Ten shots, seven seconds, paper pie plate at 15 feet, most hits= wins. But you gotta video it so we can all watch and time you.

Could actually be fun.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Gary, count me in for the Go Army, Beat Cancer Match. Since last summer I picked up a Model 7 with a Weaver 344 Scope on it. I like Jeff's idea of a 1907 track; I just picked up my first two a month or so ago.

If you want, we can make the Dead Possum a Traveling Trophy; it sits proudly displayed on the bookshelf in the living room (I put it back up every time my wife takes it down :-))

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Everyone who shot my 1907, my son, friends. Just love it. Favorite handgun, pocket pistol I own.
Match, will be fun.
Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in!
.22 @ 50 yds., Lever @ 100 yds. And pistol @ short range, or whatever is decided upon.
Thanks Gary!

quote=gnoahhh]Depending on the response, I'm thinking a simplified version of the match we did last year. Say, 50 yard benchrest .22 rimfire, with sub-categories of iron sights and scope. 100 yard benchrest, run whatcha brung: any centerfire, any sights, Savage lever action, and the same for any centerfire Savage bolt gun.

Best group fired in any category (unless y'all want to shoot scored targets also).

As before, I'm seeing this as a strictly informal fun match. If it starts to become an arms race I will politely back out.

Since I still have a [bleep] ton of targets left over from last year, I can see the cost per entry being less- pretty much just cost of postage. Any profits (hah!) or side donations will be forwarded to cancer research- let's call this one The Go Navy (or Army if you really must), Beat Cancer Match.

Thoughts?

Edit: That would be "s**t ton".[/quote]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Oh. Fun. Seven seconds tho. My 1907 cycle faster than, that.
Jethro.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Stocking up on Remington fmj 71 grain ammo..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm in, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok, looks like we have enough interest to kick this off. Let's say entries to start June 1, deadline for target submission July 4th. I'll forward targets for cost of postage+envelopes (which will vary depending on how many categories/targets you wish to shoot in). I'll have a firm cost in a couple days.

A) (For the traveling Dead Possum Trophy- thanks, Keith!)-- .22 rimfire. 50 yards, benchrest or off your hind legs if you prefer. Any rifle as long as it was made by Savage (or Stevens after the Savage takeover), any sights or scope. Five shots on each of the five bullseyes contained on the NRA 75 foot target (same one we used last year), best group to count for score. No sending the targets back to me, just post the results here. If digital photography is not your thing, just send me the target and I'll post it for you.

B) Go Navy (or Army if we must stoop so low!), Beat Cancer Match-- Any cartridge (centerfire), 100 yards, benchrest or over your truck hood, any Savage lever gun, any sights/scope. Five shots on each of the five bullseyes on the NRA 50 yard smallbore target- hey, it's a 4" black bullseye, you can see it at 100 yards. You don't have to shoot all of the five shot groups. One group will suffice- if you feel lucky, punk.

C) Same as above, 100 yards, any Savage centerfire bolt gun.

D) Ten Shots Fast Match-- any Savage autoloading pistola, .32 or .380 (extra points if you do it with a .45). Ten shots 15 feet at yon paper plate, seven seconds. (Ten seconds for you, Joe, because, well, you're old.) Most number of hits on the regulation K-Mart paper plate wins. I ain't gonna mail paper plates, sorry. Steal them from your wife or mother. In the event of a tie, best group wins. Honor system prevails for timing. If you have no way to time it or video it, just empty the darn gun quick-as-a-lick.

Any questions? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/17/17.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Marlins modeled after a Savage?

[Linked Image]

I know I tried this last year and was denied. I think the Savage shooters shudder a little when the word "Marlin" is broached. wink

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... it sits proudly displayed on the bookshelf in the living room (I put it back up every time my wife takes it down smile )

That's great! laugh
------------------------------------------------------
Paper plate = aprox. 10" size
-----------------------------------------------------
For the 10 Shots Fast, you can practice by watching the second hand on a watch/clock and count to ten within 7 seconds. That will give you an idea of the cadence you have to do.
-----------------------------------------------------

I'll participate in a few matches.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Marlins modeled after a Savage?

[Linked Image]

I know I tried this last year and was denied. I think the Savage shooters shudder a little when the word "Marlin" is broached. wink

Nice try, Roy. "A" for effort. As neat as that gun is, the only Marlins allowed are M1895's since they were built by Marlin around the time you were born.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.