Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Been getting into flyfishing and just ordered another rod, reel, gear, etc... got my new Sage rod in yesterday and the rest of my order came in today. Wanted to check out my new reel so grabbed that box first, opened it up, saw the neoprene case for the reel, grabbed it... and it was empty! There is no reel inside the box at all!

Immediately called Cabelas and they were simple to work with and have a reel on the way for me, hopefully in the box this time. Never had that problem before, but glad it was taken care of.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in the Boise store a few days ago to return a pair of low cut insulated rubber bottom boots. The rubber bottoms had simply fallen apart, all cracked apart. They have a lifetime warranty. They've discontinued them for some strange reason, and don't have replacement versions out yet. They said they could only give me a refund at their current price which is 50% off and they won't be getting any in later. They suggested I wait until this fall when they get in whatever Cabelas is replacing them with and they'll give me a straight across trade. Sounds good to me. I just caught them in the middle of a mess with them. I really didn't want another pair of the same ones anyway. They didn't last at all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was in the Boise store a few days ago to return a pair of low cut insulated rubber bottom boots. The rubber bottoms had simply fallen apart, all cracked apart. They have a lifetime warranty. They've discontinued them for some strange reason, and don't have replacement versions out yet. They said they could only give me a refund at their current price which is 50% off and they won't be getting any in later. They suggested I wait until this fall when they get in whatever Cabelas is replacing them with and they'll give me a straight across trade. Sounds good to me. I just caught them in the middle of a mess with them. I really didn't want another pair of the same ones anyway. They didn't last at all.

Sounds like the Rocky Boots debacle...except Rocky won't replace from what I understand.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These are Cabela's brand so they can't blame it on someone else. They'll replace them but they just don't have anything to replace them with yet. They will by fall.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stores and companies make mistakes. That's ok with me. It's how they handle it. Don't BS or lie to me and all is good.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Was in an auto fix place today and overheard discussion by owner and wife. Seems one of their customers had a "lifetime warranty" part go bad. Not sure if they had put the prt in or not. Probably. Company has since reduced warranty to 1 year, and won't honor the lifetime warranty under which the part was originally purchased.

Guess who won't be getting any more business from my independent mechanic.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have had several occasions to return broken or defective merchandise to Cabelas. They have been 100% great on those matters.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Stores and companies make mistakes. That's ok with me. It's how they handle it. Don't BS or lie to me and all is good.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Had a laser bore sighting tool go bad several years ago. Made a call and had the new one in a week. Good company.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They always took care of me.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabelas stands by their name,

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 34 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.