Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a personal experience with this in our family. My wife's brother, his wife, and son were wrecked on a Sunday drive. The other vehicle crossed the center line and hit them head on. The opposing vehicle was a Suburban, my brother in law was in a Ford Escape. His wife was killed instantly, he was crushed pretty bad, the son broke both femurs and is a mental wreck over this. His max un/under insured coverage was $30K. The offending vehicle had a max of $50K. But he had full collision coverage with no deductible. His damages were easily over a million dollars. The driver of the other vehicle said "sorry we have no money". The only upside was he got the whole amount of the limited coverage, didn't need a lawyer to prove those damages. For not a lot of money he could have had 500K liability and uninsured coverage but that was not something he asked for nor did the Allstate agent advise him about.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail

My girlfriend got hit by an uninsured illegal and her insurance(Geico) paid to repair her car with the UIM coverage.

Your Uninsured Motorist coverage only pays for personal injury.

Your Collision coverage pays for your car if the other person does not have collision coverage. If you are at fault, your collision coverage pays for your car and the other car.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that you're screwed financially, but lucky physically. Property can be replaced, while physical injuries can be permanent.

Several years ago, I was hit in the rear end by an unlicensed Sudanese who was driving an uninsured car. When I contacted the Iowa DMV with the vehicle registration number, they told me that the tag were assigned to a different vehicle owned by another Sudanese who they were looking for with regard to another uninsured driver accident. I found out that in Iowa and Nebraska a lot of immigrants, both documented and undocumented, only maintain automobile insurance for as long as they need it to register their vehicles, then they stop paying for it and it lapses.

Except on my daughter's 1998 Nissan Pathfinder school car, where I don't carry collision loss coverage, I carry the maximum liability, medical, uninsured motorist, and under-insured motorist coverage from USAA on the other vehicles.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I think that you're screwed financially, but lucky physically. Property can be replaced, while physical injuries can be permanent.

Except on my daughter's 1998 Nissan Pathfinder school car, where I don't carry collision loss coverage, I carry the maximum liability, medical, uninsured motorist, and under-insured motorist coverage from USAA on the other vehicles.

Same here, too many illegals and donuffins around here with no insurance. I use ERIE insurance and highly recommend it .

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

There should be universal coverage (free, of course) for uninsured motorist accidents. smirk

Yes. Free insurance coverage is a right. smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You're F....ked. Trains Planes and Automobles

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lien their houses, I bet they come up with some money real quick!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
Lien their houses, I bet they come up with some money real quick!

You seriously think someone with an uninsured 91 corolla owns a home??????????????????

My guess is the driver has a suspended license for previous DUI's and this accident was a DUI. These people don't give a chit about themselves, and certainly don't give a chit about anyone else. Even if they could scrape up the money to pay for the repairs, these are selfish self centered people who couldn't possibly consider being responsible enough to make right another of many wrongs they committed.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 48 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.