Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by JMR40

Originally Posted by 5sdad
If they had cell phones in class, there is something wrong in the first place.

... Not any more, at least in most schools. Kids are encouraged to use their own technology. Paper text books are a thing of the past. Kids use school supplied as well as personal notebooks, laptops and cell phones to access information at school and at home All the textbooks are online. Instead of teachers writing on a chalkboard and kids taking notes they now use smart boards and the info is e-mailed to each student before changing to another screen. They then access the e-mails with their phones to study or do classwork and homework. In the rare cases where info is written on a whiteboard instead of copying it by hand the kids take a photo of the board before leaving class.

I stand by my opinion.

Yep.

Students actually needing to look, listen and write things down is good for the learning process IMO.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Mittenman
Wow! Those two "ladies" could teach most millennial males a thing or two about how to fight. They certinanly didn't lack for determination and grit. Class and decency not so much.

During my career as a public school teacher, I helped break up quite a few fights between students. My only real injury was the result of stepping between two hefty black females. Most boys, black or white, will stop once an authority figure intervenes. Ghetto girls won't stop because "that biotch is still breathin". I have heard of white-trash girls doing the same, but never saw it. After my injury, I still broke up fights between boys, but called the school cop for girl fights.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
This is in DeKalb County Georgia. I went to school in DeKalb County, graduated in 1968.
I had some great teachers, well educated and motivated to teach young people.
DeKalb County had the best school system in the state in those years.

Today, there is a "different demographic" in DeKalb County.
Times have changed.

DeKalb County sucks. Perhaps you haven't seen this story about the new DeKalb County sheriff who exposed himself and masturbated in front of undercover officers at Piedmont Park. One of the prior sheriffs is in prison for murdering his successor. Nice place.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...lice-report-says/6aDevKIhlWgHw7V1DI7sfL/

You are making my point for me. Yes I know about the sheriff who got arrested for showing his jimmy dog in Piedmont Park, and I know about the sheriff who got arrested for murdering his successor.

This has all happened in the past two decades since the blacks took over the county.
When I was in school there in 1960 the county was 85 percent white and we never had stuff like this going on. DeKalb County was a great place to grow up in, and to go to school in, back in 1965. Very sad to see these changes.
Reminds me of Rhodesia.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.