Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, my hometown team stinks right now. Braves starting pitching has been a wreck. They hit enough, but Tehran, RA Dickey, Bartolo, Folty, and Jaime suck. I didn't expect Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine, but I didn't expect AA pitching either.

Freddie Freeman is a beast

Sun Trust Park is a hitters park

Who scouted this Eric Thames guy for Milwaukee? He's bombing.

So is Bryce Harper, but he's a prick. Somebody on the fire (BYC?) Predicted Harper to bounce back and he has so far.

Syndergaard of the Mets is an egotistical fool. Dude averaged 97 mph on his fastball last year as a starter. What does he do in the offseason? Bulks up to add 17 lbs of muscle to do what, throw harder? Crap, at some point there just isn't anymore and you don't need it. Location and change speeds off of that and it will be No hitter after No hitter. The dumb ass tears his lat? You don't tear your lat pitching, it is not a major contributor. You tear your lat in the gym and it gives out on the mound. Idiot!

Speaking of the Mets, Matt Harvey must be back to a-hole ways. They suspended him 3 games without pay for "breaking team rules". He's had 2 surgeries int he past few years and his velo is down from 96 to 91 . Mets should be worried about that.

The Reds just smoked the Giants, but I figure SF will right the ship. Cubs look tough. Cards started slow, but annihilated the Braves this week (big deal)

I haven't seen much AL, so I hope someone can fill us in.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Astro boys doing pretty well, their starting pitching suspect also.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rockies off to a good start!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You forgot about wheelie poppin Madison Bumgarner performing death defying stunts.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
L.A. Dodgers always produce amazing rookies from their farm system and have the most ROY in MLB. This year Cody Bellinger will be in the running. Pitching is real good but will likely struggle just to win the division.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
Well, my hometown team stinks right now. Braves starting pitching has been a wreck. They hit enough, but Tehran, RA Dickey, Bartolo, Folty, and Jaime suck. I didn't expect Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine, but I didn't expect AA pitching either.

Freddie Freeman is a beast

Sun Trust Park is a hitters park

Who scouted this Eric Thames guy for Milwaukee? He's bombing.

So is Bryce Harper, but he's a prick. Somebody on the fire (BYC?) Predicted Harper to bounce back and he has so far.

Syndergaard of the Mets is an egotistical fool. Dude averaged 97 mph on his fastball last year as a starter. What does he do in the offseason? Bulks up to add 17 lbs of muscle to do what, throw harder? Crap, at some point there just isn't anymore and you don't need it. Location and change speeds off of that and it will be No hitter after No hitter. The dumb ass tears his lat? You don't tear your lat pitching, it is not a major contributor. You tear your lat in the gym and it gives out on the mound. Idiot!

Speaking of the Mets, Matt Harvey must be back to a-hole ways. They suspended him 3 games without pay for "breaking team rules". He's had 2 surgeries int he past few years and his velo is down from 96 to 91 . Mets should be worried about that.

The Reds just smoked the Giants, but I figure SF will right the ship. Cubs look tough. Cards started slow, but annihilated the Braves this week (big deal)

I haven't seen much AL, so I hope someone can fill us in.

Not much of a baseball follower but enjoyed the new SunTrust Park Stadium! No longer in the ghetto (why the hell does every city build their stadiums in the worst parts of the city?) with commercial development on one side and the highway on the other, and in Cobb county is uuuge! Parking was super and traffic flow was steady and easy, which is weird to say for anywhere near/in Atlanta. The park inside was wide open; even with a lot of people the crowd was pretty thin and moved well. Also, the first stadium I've been in where every seat seemed to be a decent view, though out of fairness I wasn't in the top deck. Overall an enjoyable experience!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Reds are kicking it. I can't wait to see what they do to screw this up.

Montana MOFO
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
None can stink as bad as the K C Royal stink this year!! Took ytill May to even get 10 wins They suck worse than any team in M L B in every stat. except loses!! at this rate 30 years won't even be close to another world series attempt!!! SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Umpires looking good.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4winds

Not much of a baseball follower but enjoyed the new SunTrust Park Stadium! No longer in the ghetto (why the hell does every city build their stadiums in the worst parts of the city?) with commercial development on one side and the highway on the other, and in Cobb county is uuuge! Parking was super and traffic flow was steady and easy, which is weird to say for anywhere near/in Atlanta. The park inside was wide open; even with a lot of people the crowd was pretty thin and moved well. Also, the first stadium I've been in where every seat seemed to be a decent view, though out of fairness I wasn't in the top deck. Overall an enjoyable experience!

I sat in the upper deck outside of the 3rd base line and the view was excellent! I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone who is worried about grabbing a cheap $12 ticket that you can watch the game very well from there.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Aaron Judge is a monster of a man playing baseball!

Looks like this year will be the year of the K and the HR...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rockies started strong. Holding my breath waiting for the shoe to drop.

Somebody needs to check Ryan Zimmerman's urine.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hanco
Astro boys doing pretty well, their starting pitching suspect also.

Max Stassi and his brother Brock are from Yuba city. I watched them in high school and they dominated. Max is on the astros, Brock was signed by the Phillies this year. Great young men. I run into them every now and then during the off season.

Go Oakland A's! 👍🏻

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
My Royals are atrocious so far,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But don't plan on watching themn if you are not in the ROOT TV MT area. MLB, FOX, and ESPN are too busy with the Yankees, Red Sox, and the Mets to show any other team ( even though they are 2 1/2 games up on Arizona)!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Got to go to the Sunday afternoon Cards-Braves game at Sun Trust. Nice park,but there needs to be improvement in moving people from their cars to the ballpark. For a first-timer, it was a little confusing. But then, I'm a country bumpkin when I get to the city. But they were nice enough to give me 14 innings of baseball for the price of 9!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Things at Sun Trust will clean up after they finish the ancillary construction. However, the Pedestrian Brdige takes you right into the plaza, so can't be too dofficult even for country folk. Just follow the herd!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have already given up on my Rangers this year. Last year they had the best record in the AL but all those one run victories felt a lot more like luck and the odd mandatory fluke of per centages - and a lot less a well oiled machine at the time. Playoffs showed I was right and yes I called it and NO I am not surprised this year. I think it will get better but Rangers ain't contenders - except for single season strike out record for any team.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Umpires looking good.

You shoot a 270?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's what we did! Great weather and a good crowd was on hand. Braves came within a gnat's eyelash of winning it, but Inciarte was ruled out on a close play at first that would have allowed the winning run to score. It appeared there was still some work to be done around the edges of the place. Looking forward to going again sometime.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.