Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Is it because of the proliferation of specialty groups on facebook? i don't know. i'm speculating.

but, the question is thrown out on the RoundTable for insight.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is this Facebook you speak of?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

..no one who values Constitutional, free, self determinate America should be on that platform.

It supports the Liberals and their agenda by generating advertising money.

Using the site helps them undermine your freedom, safety, and future.

Why not jump in the tub with a toaster. It'll hurt more, but be faster.

Broadcasting live rapes, suicides and murders. While stifling freedom of speech for half off America

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gus: I have not noticed any slowing - have you?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It has been working better for me than it has in 3 years.....I can actually post comments longer than just a few words without it shutting off and reloading....

IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
well, maybe not. and i'm not sure. but it kinda seems like it. maybe i'm mis-estimating. just a question. maybe someone can offer definitive information. i do know on fb, there's one after another group that does one thing or another as far as subject matter. and on & on. i'm just throwing out the topic for discussion, to be refuted, or otherwise discussed.

being objective is an important part of being a good rifleman. did i hit the target or did i miss?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure are more liberal political trolls, and less of the good guys around.

Many said they just can't hack it anymore.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It perplexes the hell out of my as to why they would let them win.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by NVhntr
What is this Facebook you speak of?

When you find out, let me know... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

10 X there,.....but add, not just liberals,.....this constant "Conservative" troll whistle blowing's not helping in the least,.....and history will clearly show that when they're ignored, they DO go away....

GTC

Damned busy time of year for lots of us, too,...

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It perplexes the hell out of my as to why they would let them win.

Ya' can't spend all your time rolling around with Skunks, without some of their stink starts to stick to you.

I personally DO NOT post here to "Win,".....or "Lose".

Closing with the observation that this has been CYCLIC here, for a long time,....and taking a break won't hurt one, in the least.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/27/17.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Works plenty fast, interesting things on here. Helps me kill time at work.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gus,....now that everybody's pretty much danced around the "maypole" , ....under the impression that you were talking about internet SPEED,....versus the fact that there are FEWER, and fewer folks posting,......

could you for chrissakes come clean and clarify what you were attempting to actually say,....

***** (A..) Site speed / connectivity

*****(B..) VOLUME of enthusiastic posters

You're hard to read at the BEST of times,.....just clarify .

Thx

GTC

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Gus,....now that everybody's pretty much danced around the "maypole" , ....under the impression that you were talking about internet SPEED,....versus the fact that there are FEWER, and fewer folks posting,......

could you for chrissakes come clean and clarify what you were attempting to actually say,....

***** (A..) Site speed / connectivity

*****(B..) VOLUME of enthusiastic posters

You're hard to read at the BEST of times,.....just clarify .

Thx

GTC

thanks. i was mostly referring to what's behind door B. i haven't had a "speed" problem since installing adblock plus. and don't know about the other sub-forums here, was referring to the campfire section. sorry for not spelling it out more clearly. the campfire digests or burns any and all fuel added to it. and that's good. it just seems to be burning a bit low? anyways, i was just trying to make conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a member of many forums with varied hobby interests(archery, watches, knives, guns, photography, optics, hunting), it goes without saying there's a plethora of political/religious/ethnic/income members and viewpoints. But rarely do you see the outlandish name calling, head bashing, insulting, mob mentality that takes place here. Even people of similar backgrounds and beliefs rarely agree %100, and an exchange of thoughts/opinions is welcomed in civil discussion and debate.

It's only through discussion that we learn anything in life, no matter the subject...if we had all the answers then life would be easy and carefree. I understand some trolls and pot-stirrers come to twist the venue for a rise anger, they enjoy causing civil war and then disappear from view. But that not the case with every member that might disagree on a subject, yet his freedom to give an honest opinion is curtailed by the onslaught of insults for daring to disagree with the masses. As free thinking individuals we live by our principles and beliefs, but realize that life is a growing and changing endeavor...and seek to know ourselves, and be honest in our thoughts.

Today I stated I wasn't a fan of John Wayne, I was then called a commie...this while preparing to go to 5 cemeteries for Memorial Day in the morning. A commie ?...for not liking a particular actor ?...wow. I can't see that happening over a RCBS/Dillion/Hornady reloading thread, as "like" minded outdoorsman I'd think some levity would be afforded to those with differing thoughts. I try to respect peoples opinions even if mine differ, who am I to think I'm right ?...or always right ?

So Gus; There are 50-100 members here that should just start their own forum, then they can post and everyone pat them on the back telling them they're right...and nobody will disagree or offer an alternate opinion. Life will be mellow and kind always being right right, always being told you're smart, always belonging to the club.

Happy Memorial Day to all

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus,

It's not your imagination, seems to me the campfire has changed as of late. Not positive of the cause but my guess would include several things.

The divisiveness of the politics these days, the multiple trolls, and good people getting tired of the B,S, here.

Many good contributors have decided it simply isn't worth it anymore.

You have people like Fireball cyber stalking people, Big Stick ( no explanation needed) then you have JeffO spewing his liberal nonsense and other various trolls etc....

Life is too short to let some of this craziness into your life.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think Bwana 1 and irfubar have it pretty much nailed. The one thing that hasn't been plainly said is that there is a small number here that openly advocate armed conflict. Just a few days ago someone stated his desire to "go hunting" for liberals . That is morally indecent and unacceptable in any venue and frankly those statements should imho result in the poster being banned . Thats not freedom of speech but moves into the realm of hate speech and crosses into domestic terrorism territory. I would not be surprised that this site is not already red circled by the authorities as such which smears each of us.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
good points all. violence upon one's fellow man is to be abhorred. thankfully the ldrshp in this country has moved away from the forceful draft, and have invited women into the various armed services. (violence upon one's enemy is still ok, just look at afghanistan, iraq, syria, somalia) as we continue to nation build with cooperation from self-interested countries.

on the other hand, if any speech is denied, or attributed person no grata status, then who is doing the controlling? and what is their interest? and how did they get into their position of power? just askin'

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by bangeye
I think Bwana 1 and irfubar have it pretty much nailed. The one thing that hasn't been plainly said is that there is a small number here that openly advocate armed conflict. Just a few days ago someone stated his desire to "go hunting" for liberals . That is morally indecent and unacceptable in any venue and frankly those statements should imho result in the poster being banned . Thats not freedom of speech but moves into the realm of hate speech and crosses into domestic terrorism territory. I would not be surprised that this site is not already red circled by the authorities as such which smears each of us.

Hate speech= any non PC speech the left disapproves of.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well it would obviously be the owner of the site who might be influenced by web/ network hosts, advertisers etc. that had the ultimate responsibility and or power. As registered users we really have no recourse other than to voice our concerns and ultimately if ignored live with it or vote with our feet i.e. leave. I thought since the topic was related to slowing down of the site and the absence of some regulars I might opine that some have done just that. They probably took the right action and just left, but having worked in a profession where ethics require self policing of profession conduct , I tend to let that influence me in any group including being a responsible gun owner and speak up.

Last edited by bangeye; 05/29/17.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,477 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.