Thanks for that link, Azshooter. Reading that thread...it occurred to me that human thought is like a journey in that those first few turns you take have an inordinate amount of influence on where you finally end up. In general I have always chosen from the rather light end of the spectrum of available bullets for varmints and predators, and middlin' to heavy for deer and hogs. I suppose I'll just have to give the 70 BT a whirl with confidence on a hog if I happen to be carrying the 6mm when I see one. I'll just shoot 'em in their big ol' heads.

That thread also brought an old memory off my hard drive and right into my RAM, too. When I got my first .280, the 100-grain Sierra HP was the first bullet I tried because I was too impoverished to hunt deer (one disadvantage to living in Texas), but had access to plenty of jackrabbit-infested country. What the 100-grain Sierra did to a jackrabbit was fairly impressive. Several months later I had been trying some 140-grain Sierra SPs and I had the opportunity to see what that bullet would do to a jackrabbit. Holy mother of Zeuss...that jackrabbit tumbled about 50 feet when hit, and its remains were a bizarre sight. The legs were no longer attached to the right places, and a part of the rabbit was turned inside out but I was never sure just exactly what I was looking at. The jackrabbit wasn't sploded, but it was quite dead.

I think the moral of the story is "beware of preconceived notions."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.