Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, I can guarantee that one thing the Creedmoor detractors all have in common is, they don't have one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I always wonder why they're not equally pissed-off at the .30-06, because it cut into the popularity of the .30-40 Krag--and the .30-06 still gets mentioned frequently, here and there.

I might also wonder at how few of them can spell "Creedmoor" correctly, but then a lot of Creadmoore fans can't either.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It seems like the detractors miss the point in one way or another.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I don't have one either, and that's what pisses me off....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I always wonder why they're not equally pissed-off at the .30-06, because it cut into the popularity of the .30-40 Krag--and the .30-06 still gets mentioned frequently, here and there.

Jeeez... How many times are You going to mention the 30-06 springfeld in ONE entry? the only reason it didn't die was We needed the brass for the .35 Whelen.

Figures I'd see it mentioned repeatedly in a thread that I am forced to read about the creadmore.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was hammering steel today with my 6.5 GAP... fits easily in a short action... I'm just sayin'....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I have shot 6.5C and I shot it well... I walk away saying "So what? and why all the rave?"

Must be the non-existent recoil is all I can figure... and business gurus using sexy women with their marketing hype/appeal.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CashisKing; 06/08/17. Reason: typos... as always.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
So how much did you shoot the 6.5 Creedmoor, and at what ranges with what ammo?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

100 yards, Ruger Precision... friend's loads. Shot 1/2 MOA. 10 rounds maybe.

I get that some folks like the caliber and love 6.5 pills... I do really... I just don't get all the wildfire type rave.

My 300 or 340 Weatherbys are still preferred and can hold their own against a 6.5.

When I am to old too still shoot them well any longer, I may get a 6.5 Swede.

Interesting read... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/josh-wayner/the-truth-about-6-5mm-ammo/

Last edited by CashisKing; 06/08/17. Reason: typos... as always.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rolly
I am getting tired of reading about how great the 6.5 C is. I think if I had one I'd have it converted into a 264 Win. Mag. and then really have something. Assuming the action would handle the change, of course. Maybe even a 6.5-06. The writers all seem to extoll the virtues of the bullets available. But with the 6.5 C the velocity is so much lower than can easily be achieved by using a larger case and more powder. Why not use the larger cased version of the 6.5 and really make some headway. Marketing, marketing, marketing. Bah humbug, I say.

If you want to discuss marketing.......the "belted" magnum IMO was one of the biggest marketing gimmicks ever. The 6.5 creedmoor is a great round for those who don't reload because of a large selection of quality factory ammo. Personally I reload and that's why I roll with the 6.5X55 Swede. ☺

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I get that some folks like the caliber and love 6.5 pills... I do really... I just don't get all the wildfire type rave.

My 300 or 340 Weatherbys are still preferred and can hold their own against a 6.5.

Interesting read... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/josh-wayner/the-truth-about-6-5mm-ammo/

Some people are curious and want to try new things even if they are redundant to things that they already have and which fill the same niche in a perfectly adequate manner.

Most people would be happy to be able to pick up an unfamiliar rifle and shoot 0.5 MOA, but you are obviously an exceptional shot and not at all like "most people".

I had a couple dozen perfectly adequate 260s, 6.5x55s, 256 Newtons, and 6.5-284s before the 6.5 Creedmoor was introduced. I finally got around to buying my first 6.5 Creedmoor in 2014 'cause I was curious. Since then, I have purchased a few more, sold or traded a couple of them, and find myself with 7 of them today. I have another one on my wish list, the pending limited run of Cerakoted Ruger Americans.

Same/same with the 25 WSSM. When the 25 WSSM was introduced in 2004 I had several perfectly adequate 250-3000s, 257 Roberts', 257AIs, 25-284s, and 25-06s, but I was curious and ended up with 15 of them. The 25 WSSM is a virtual orphan, but it is still an interesting cartridge to me, despite the shooting public's lack of love for it.

Since I am primarily a whitetail and coyote hunter, I have no practical need for a rifle chambered for any belted magnum with a bore diameter greater than 0.284" and only keep one, a 375 H&H, because I hauled it to Africa a couple of decades ago and it has sentimental value from that trip.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's no wonder many new shooters have such trouble sorting things out. Once you have your own experience, it's easy to tell who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. But if you are green, you might read an article like that and really think a 24" Creed offered no practical advantage to a 13.5" 308. On the other hand, you don't need to know the subject matter to pick up on his obvious bias.

Empirical results rule!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Good to see you are still a fuc*king idiot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I have another one on my wish list, the pending limited run of Cerakoted Ruger Americans.

Jeff,

Tell me about that? Predator? Threaded? Who's stocking those? Shortactionsmoker?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Good to see you are still a fuc*king idiot.

Please change your handle to "D!ckhead" it suits you quite well... steel implies strength and fortitude... you are a parasitic, petulant internet troll.

---------------------------------------------------------

The rest of you guys make some good points... "Out of the box guns... factory ammo... etc." hadn't really thought about that much so much. I do hear "Creedmore" buzzed about all the time and for me just don't get it... i.e. OP.

Last edited by CashisKing; 06/08/17.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What is it about a belt on a cartridge case that seems to scare so many people?

Reload using the case shoulder to head space from on a belted case and the belt becomes invisible for all practical purposes.

I load for and shoot both a 264 Winchester Magnum and a 6.5x55 Swede. Neither case is scarier than the other.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I have another one on my wish list, the pending limited run of Cerakoted Ruger Americans.

Jeff,

Tell me about that? Predator? Threaded? Who's stocking those? Shortactionsmoker?

David,

Not an RAR-P and not threaded, but a standard RAR with a 22" sporter weight/contour barrel with the metal Cerakoted in the desert sand color and the stock printed with a Kryptek Nomad camo pattern. It is an exclusive for United Sporting Companies and is illustrated on the Ruger site as their item # 16942.

I'm planning to buy 5 or 6 of them so that I can have 1 or 2 here at home, 3 to leave with my pre-positioned caches of hunting gear in CO, NH, and SD, and 1 to give to my friend, Andy, with the expectation that he'll return the Winchester/USRA 70 in 25 WSSM that he borrowed from me a decade or so ago.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BayouRover
What is it about a belt on a cartridge case that seems to scare so many people?

Reload using the case shoulder to head space from on a belted case and the belt becomes invisible for all practical purposes.

I load for and shoot both a 264 Winchester Magnum and a 6.5x55 Swede. Neither case is scarier than the other.

My beef isn't with the belt per se, but rather the often huge amount of slop in the fit of new belted brass to the chamber.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jeff,

David,

Not an RAR-P and not threaded, but a standard RAR with a 22" sporter weight/contour barrel with the metal Cerakoted in the desert sand color and the stock printed with a Kryptek Nomad camo pattern. It is an exclusive for United Sporting Companies and is illustrated on the Ruger site as their item # 16942.

I'm planning to buy 5 or 6 of them so that I can have 1 or 2 here at home, 3 to leave with my pre-positioned caches of hunting gear in CO, NH, and SD, and 1 to give to my friend, Andy, with the expectation that he'll return the Winchester/USRA 70 in 25 WSSM that he borrowed from me a decade or so ago.

[Linked Image]

what about us lefties? crazy

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Jeff,

David,

[Linked Image]

what about us lefties? crazy

Screwed from the git-go.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.