G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
UofA prof identifies as a hippopotamus:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...s-as-a-hippopotamus-in-academic-journal/

This is so bizarre that it ought to be faux news, just in case it isn't. The comments are amusing.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mental illness, we do them no justice by coddling this behavior.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our universities have turn into mental institutions, Freaks abound.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hippos are too dangerous to walk the street. Give him a choice, zoo, a hippo-rich river in Africa if his choosing, or, we'll have to put you down.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sounds like he actually "identifies" with a stuffed, toy hippo?

Wonder what restroom he uses?

Mike

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the article, Morin claims that while he understands that he is not actually a hippopotamus, his theoretical exercise of being transspecies, or “tranimal,” provided him comfort as he came to terms with his real-life transgenderism.
Any bets on whether this is actually a woman? Maybe formerly a really fat woman?

from a different article
A PhD student explained his “transpecies” hippopotamus identity and why he prefers being “transpecies” to transgender in a peer-reviewed paper published in May.
If his peers like this garbage, it says a lot about the university and who his peers are.

I wonder if he knows that hippos poop while in the water then shake their tails to spread it around. Kinda takes away from the 'cute and sexy hippo', doesn't it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
so a visiting french student(they call it a scholar) makes himself feel better about being a cross dressing queer by demanding he be referred to as being a hippo.... gotcha

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He's bonkers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by benchman
He's bonkers.

They all are.

They prove daily that Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by horse1
Hippos are too dangerous to walk the street. Give him a choice, zoo, a hippo-rich river in Africa if his choosing, or, we'll have to put you down.

Brilliant thought! YOU think you're a hippo. Let's see what the HIPPOS think. I think he will find them somewhat intolerant of morons.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm waiting to see how 'tolerant and accepting' the Left is when somebody 'identifies' themself as the reincarnation of Sepp Dietrich or Michael Wittman......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Why in the hell did we all read that? I made it part-way, then wondered how much this guy is getting for his ridiculous "work".

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expu�ry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Nothing wrong with being a Hippo. Provided you like to lie naked in a parasite infested swamp 16 hours a day, coming out only at night to eat grass, attack your friends and kill them with your teeth, and have a life span of about 15 years.

Oh yes, no TV, smartphones, or reading material. And no equal rights for females.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One best not come around here identifying as a pack rat.

1Minute
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
From the Universities Department of Gender and Women's studies website:

lorentin Félix Morin is a French student who just started his PhD this year at Université Paris 8. He works at the intersection of Trans Studies and Animal Studies, focusing on tranimal body modifications, practices and subjectivities. He is beyond excited to be in Tucson for the Spring semester, benefit from all the department's and the Institute's activities, conduct fieldwork in the US, and meet everyone! (He uses the name 'Felix' in English.)

His article was published in The Journal of Theoretical Humanities. i have to wonder if that's that same journal that published the nonsensical hoax study?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems appropriate.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

lorentin Félix Morin is a French student who just started his PhD this year at Université Paris 8. He works at the intersection of Trans Studies and Animal Studies, focusing on tranimal body modifications, practices and subjectivities. He is beyond excited to be in Tucson for the Spring semester, benefit from all the department's and the Institute's activities, conduct fieldwork in the US, and meet everyone! (He uses the name 'Felix' in English.)

His article was published in The Journal of Theoretical Humanities. i have to wonder if that's that same journal that published the nonsensical hoax study?
Tax funded I presume?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Tax funded I presume?

Most likely state and fed. If so, while you all get to contribute to some extent, Roninphx and Crossfireoops and a number of others here on the 'Fire get to contribute even more!!

Retired cat herder.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Tax funded I presume?

Most likely state and fed. If so, while you all get to contribute to some extent, Roninphx and Crossfireoops and a number of others here on the 'Fire get to contribute even more!!

Here's another interesting part of the scam.

When these lame journals publish their "peer reviewed" articles, All the Universities are forced to buy these journals, further funding these departments bent on the destruction of Western Civilization. So you, and I, and our kids attending University, are all paying for this Marxist propaganda, because that's all post-modernism is, it's re-branded, re-packaged Marxism.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.