Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got one that's new to me. Anyone using one? General consensus?

Seems like decent glass... pretty damn big scope for sure.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They were excellent scopes by all accounts. If I'm not mistaken the company is out of business now though.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Had a Heritage Light for a while in the same power range. Glass on par with price range although I couldnt get used to FFP at the time and sold it.

Current the Premier Reticles name is out of business however current warranty services are handle by Tangent Theta.

All in all I like'm

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WDEA
Had a Heritage Light for a while in the same power range. Glass on par with price range although I couldnt get used to FFP at the time and sold it.

Current the Premier Reticles name is out of business however current warranty services are handle by Tangent Theta.

All in all I like'm

Check into that warranty service if it's important to you. I've read recently that TT will no longer honor the PH warranty. It might only have been for specific models,but I don't remember. I just read it in passing since I don't own one of the PH scopes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by WDEA

All in all I like'm

Check into that warranty service if it's important to you. I've read recently that TT will no longer honor the PH warranty. It might only have been for specific models,but I don't remember. I just read it in passing since I don't own one of the PH scopes.

Yep. I've read that TT initially honoured the PH warranty as an act of goodwill, but has no intention of being held bound by something that was never intended to be guaranteed or contractual. TT simply bought out Premier's capital assets, it did not assume any liabilities, AFAIK.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have read that some PH scopes will be warranty covered depending on what dealer they were sold through. I would think that warranty coverage would only go to a certain point in the future when PH scope parts are gone.

Why not buy a Tangent Theta or Minox ZP-5? They are expensive, but are the "new" PH. Bothe the TT and Minox are great scopes. Personally I could not afford them, but would love to have one.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wish I had the scratch for a Nightforce. TT and those around the $5K mark are just crazy.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have that exact scope and love it. I wouldn't worry about any warranty...this scope is not one that will likely ever need it. About the only thing you don't want to do is try to lock down the turrets too hard. If you have one do not sell it, you will regret it...tracks perfect, holds zero and great glass, what else is there????

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by msinc
I have that exact scope and love it. I wouldn't worry about any warranty...this scope is not one that will likely ever need it. About the only thing you don't want to do is try to lock down the turrets too hard. If you have one do not sell it, you will regret it...tracks perfect, holds zero and great glass, what else is there????

Sounds great but the last used one I saw had a $1000 price tag. I just can't afford the possibility of it becoming an expensive paper weight. Tangent Theta might work on one if it went bad but I would ask before I bought one used and even if they said yes,they may easily run out of parts and you would just be SOL.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got three Premiers and they are absolutely stellar in form and function. Mine are the light version though, 30mm tube.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
scopes with that much money on the line should be purchased from a company with a better track record of staying in business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TT for the time. Ring is warrantying only certain Premier scopes and they are very up front about telling you if they will cover it or not. For those they won't support they have been giving guys $1000 credit towards a new TT.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.