-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I sold my ZX-6 a couple years ago, always planning to replace it with a cruiser that is a little more "spouse friendly". A buddy has a Victory Vegas 8 Ball that he loves and it got me looking into Victory bikes. I found an 09 Kingpin 8 ball that is really low miles and a good price. Anyone have any experience with these units?

I know about Polaris shutting Victory down earlier this year, as well as their claim to provide parts for 10 years. I'm a little hesitant to buy a discontinued make. Especially a manufacturer that went out of their way to engineer things differently. Of course the dealer says that parts won't be a problem, but they are trying to sell the bike. Anyone here have additional insight to share?

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Forget the Victory; they are history.

Buy a Harley.................never a problem getting parts as long as you got $$$$$. wink

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They were good bikes but getting parts for them when they were in production wasn't easy. Other than putting a tire on or a fluid change no one works on them but a dealer. They were not around long enough for there to be a lot of aftermarket parts and the ones that were made will be sold off and not be available.
Polaris screwed over a lot of people by dropping Victory. The resale has dropped to nothing. If it is a clean bike AND you can get it for dirt cheap (5-6k) and know what you are getting into it could be a good bike to ride for a long time. Take good care of it and do all the maintenance religiously along with keeping fresh synthetic oil and you may never need to worry about being able to get drivetrain parts. Crash damage will be tough. In a couple years you are not going to be able to get sheetmetal, heck it took 4-6 months to get a fender or gas tank from them when they were in full production.
Brake pads, filters,battery,tires and belt will always be available. Salvage parts will start to show up. People are buying Buells dirt cheap and parting them out on ebay. That will be the fate of many Victorys.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm not a biker Sam, but I'd agree with MontanaMan, unless you are into collecting things, like Edsels.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a KingPin. Nice ride and no problems with it. Shame that Polaris Industries is pulling the plug on them.

Last edited by TwoTrax; 05/31/17.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
SSteele,

I had a very bad experience with Victory. Several total electrical failures whereby the bike just stopped. Major engine failure at 1800 where a valve was sucked in taking out piston etc. Sat in the dealers for months while they tried to evaluate whether it was or was not a warranty issue.????Why?

When it finally got resolved they paid for parts not labor. On top of it all the dealer went out of business and my bike was tied up for months.

Just awful

3 4wheelers one of which is a sportsman....our rule is don't drive it anywhere than it's farther than you want to walk. Numerous electrical issues. Honda and Kawaski fine.

I wouldn't take a Victory for free.

Just my humle opinion.

LC

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
go check out the new Indians... Really nice stuff

Brother has a chieftain and it's been 100% for over 2 years.. unreal ride

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jglenn
go check out the new Indians... Really nice stuff

Brother has a chieftain and it's been 100% for over 2 years.. unreal ride

I agree. Check out the Indian Scout 60 as a low cost cruiser.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd steer clear of a victory due to their uncertain future for parts, etc. i'm a harley guy myself but the yamaha v star touring models are probably a better bike and a lot cheaper. my buddy has an older one and loves it and hasn't done a thing to it but tires, oil, etc.

My diploma is a DD214

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,958
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.