Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Has anyone here had recent contact with Ryan Kelsey of Diablo Custom Rifles? I sent him all of the needed parts for a barreled action last October and cannot get in touch with him. I know for a fact that the build is completed (have some pics) but have not heard from him regarding shipping. Going on several months since I was made aware that things were ready and now several weeks since our last correspondence.

If someone has any leads, I would appreciate a heads-up.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It shows he is online right now.

Huntinfool18

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I don't get on here much anymore. Lucky I had a friend send me this. Call me or email me. No excuses on my end, I have dropped the ball. I have been runnin ragged trying to finish up builds. I have not been accepting new builds and likely won't for awhile until after the restructuring. Going through some changes so these things don't happen again.
The builds that I have going at the moment will get completed in a timely manner.
Please email me so we can work out shipping details
Diablocustomriflesgmail.com
Sorry for the issues. I will get it taken care of asap.

For anyone else, if you need to contact me, please email me, I don't check my messages on here very often anymore.
Thanks

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Now that's a quality answer- and in my opinion the only way to avoid damage to his reputation as a fine custom builder. Hope he lives up to these promises, but I sure understand when a small operation gets buried in work or other issues get in the way. I had a small business years ago that got buried in important family issues and had to work to make it right.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to see this type of communication, one should feel quite secure in dealing with this business.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not to stockpile on the guy, but a buddy of mine bought a rifle from him and it took him six weeks to deliver. Now mind you the rifle was already built and my buddy pay them in full and we got the run-around about being busy Etc before he finally managed to ship the rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A man that admits his misdoings and vows to do better has my respect. Hopefully in the future he will not take on more than he can handle in a timely manner.

Black Olives Matter!!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Not hard to get behind!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tag

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I prefer dealing with people that don't have any business misdoings to begin with. Never figured weeks without replying as GOOD communication and easy to get behind.

In the end, all the above are just words as the OP hasn't received his rifle yet. I can't STAND people that don't communicate.

Just had a guy send me money for an item, I shipped in the next day, I saw it was delivered last weekend. Never got a PM saying 'Thanks, I got it' or 'Arrived, all is good' or 'Blow me'. I've had several on the 'Fire like that and I will never deal with them again.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 1flier
A man that admits his misdoings and vows to do better has my respect. Hopefully in the future he will not take on more than he can handle in a timely manner.

Vowing to do shiet is what women do. They don't actually ever have to do a damn thing, they just have to vow to do it. Apparently that somehow cures everything.

Men shouldn't vow, they should just do.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This is the same pattern of little to no communication that I have received from Ryan. He has had my rifle and money for well over a year with no communication unless I reach out. Then it is a standard line of excuses and broken promises. It has been a disappointment to say the least.
In our last correspondence, that I initiated, he "accepts full responsibility" and gave me another broken promise to send me my completed rifle.

Buy once, cry once.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Now I remember why I had this guy on ignore.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's like a cash flow statement..you have to move those sexual performance promises to pay in advance...the rest of it...meh

Defend the Constitution
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No experience with Diablo but he was just advertising truing 700 actions and already completed barreled actions. If one is already so backed up that they can't communicate or mail completed rifles, why advertise truing actions at below market prices and why is there time to true/barrel actions that don't even have a buyer?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not getting a good feeling here, since I am one of the ones who went for his last low-cost build offer, a couple of months ago. Noticed he was selling a bunch of stuff here to fund a fishing boat, but sounds like he won't have much time for fishing in the near future......

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Just want to chime in here and reassure the people that I have started builds for, which is one a couple that they will. E getting finish with in the next month.
This little adventure I started a couple years ago starting my own gun business has been just that. Even thought I have been building guns for over ten year, that's really all I have done. I didn't do the order taking, the packing and shipping, the schedules, just built the rifles and shot them, that's it. So in starting Diablo custom rifles I found out a lot about myself. For one I got in way over my head way to fast. Which led to being overwhelmed and losing sight of my goals and also letting people down by not keeping my end of the deal. I found that I'm not good at communicating and multitasking when I get overwhelmed and things got out of control in a hurry.

I will be temporarily closing down shop in order to get back on track and also have a few job offers on the table I'm considering taking. When and if I do start building guns for the public again it will be a pay After the rifle is your hands kind of deal. That way it keeps me focused and pushed to keep my promises and do it in a timely manner.
I agree with what everyone is saying here and it's not my intentions. I would be upset if the tables where turned as well.

In closing I want to thank everyone who took a chance on me and I want to thank the whole community of 24hr for being respectful and kind.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sounds like smoke and mirrors.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Walk a mile in their shoes... guy is honest, it says more than many around here IMHO.

Doesn't mean folks will be happy though.

I"d cut him some slack on my end personally. Of course folks know I don't get in a hurry or wound up about things often.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Lame-assed sounding bullchit.
Originally Posted by rost495
Walk a mile in their shoes... guy is honest, it says more than many around here IMHO.

Doesn't mean folks will be happy though.

I"d cut him some slack on my end personally. Of course folks know I don't get in a hurry or wound up about things often.

Jeff

Honest? You think?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.