Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://goo.gl/photos/i6hu7wcxEAc5rBQbA

Here are a few more added to the file. Took these on Monday near Elliot bay in Seattle. No hollywood science fiction writer could make up more bizarre creaters then actually exist in the Puget sound, or much of the depths of the sea anyplace!

There is a photo of a jelly fish that was lit up like a light about 15 feet from me. At first I thought my dive partner was trying to signal me. As I got closer I realized it was an irridescent jellyfish with these odd little lights around the perimiter of the skirt. Zoom in or look close those white spots were lit up.

Of all the octopus we saw this one gave me the best photo op's he stayed in the open a while and let me enjoy his presence! The water was 52 deg and our deep spot was 76 feet. At that depth the water was crystal clear, but it was also black dark. Without a light you would be completely lost down there. These photo's are all with that little olympus TG-4 point and shoot camera. I'm really impressed with the way this thing works even at 76 feet deep. I do have an external flash, however it's so bright I have to turn it to the side for photo's.

I tried the video for the first time as well and filmed some shrimp under a log. I'll add that to the file right now. It's pretty short but I wanted to try the video function. I also turned of the video light for a couple seconds so you can see how dark it is without the light. There is an sometimes erie feeling when you get deeper than average and it's this black dark.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Those are some crazy critters!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Added a bunch of photos to this collection from last week. We were diving in Nanaimo BC for 6 days. We dove two wrecks, a bunch of local island dives and a few shore dives at the end of the week.

Water was 52 deg, Max depth was 70 feet, for my wife, about 85 for me. All the photo's taken with the Olympus TG4 inside the Ikelite enclosure. About the 4th day if i recall correctly the case fogged on my second dive. Really dissapointing when all the way down at the bottom to realize the lens is fogged up!

I sent the case back to ikelite to determine the cause. I suspect it was salt granuals dried into the oring? or maybe a hair? I could not get it to recreate the problem every time, so they can look it over and bless it for me. No water inside the case, but clearly some moisture to cause condensation. It's rather tough duty on a case to withstand that pressure. As an example of the pressure.

I whacked my thumb with a hammer while fixing some siding on the house. That thing swelled twice it's size and I really thought the skin would burst. The fingers on that hand were burning like they were on fire. The nerves were being pinched so bad from the swelling. At the ER they burned a hole through the nail and the blood just squirted out and the pressure was relieved instantly. This was 3 days before the first scheduled dive.

By this time under the nail was all black again. So diving was interesting. Once at 50 feet plus, the blood would begin squirting out that little hole again. When back up to the surface it was as clean and pink colored as the right thumb. Over night it turned black again. Next day back down to 50-60 feet blood squirting out the hole and thr nail is all clean and pink again! This went on every day I dove.

The pressure on the body at that relitively shallow depth of 60 is feet was enough to squeeze all the blood out every day!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good stuff,diving really looks like it would be fun.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Have missed JJ's post's on Graybeard. Never be able to afford the hunt but do like reading about his experiences. He's posted a lot of great photo's of just animals also! Good to see you again JJ.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Amazing undersea photog. Haven't done any diving since I was a young man - miss it though. Still have some of the old gear.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.